32 years ago today - Rangers v Clydebank programme

My great friend Philip Knell gets a mention for the reserves, used to stay with him at his landlady Mays place at Ibrox when i came over for the games 86/87.
Happy memories indeed.
He was playing up front with a very good friend of mine.

My first ever game as a 6 year old, dont remember much other than my dad throwing me in the air when we scored...that and the sweets in the pub and on the bus to stop me moaning.

Some great memories as a kid going to the games on the supporters bus.

Loved the programme in them days , bought every one, started buying it again this season, its a decent read.

The programmes in those days were great - straightforward but interesting articles, some facts & figures, bit about the visitors, some historical content and decent value (not sure what your 1987 60p is worth now but Indontbremember feeling fleeced for the programme back then).

£0.60 in 1987 would equate to £1.67 today

I was there.
I remember being there for the Jock Stein minutes silence as well.

Was thinking about kilbowie.
My mistake.

My mental arithmetic was based on 10 Embassy being around 70p back then and with 20 fags for £13 now then it would be equivalent of about a fiver :D

My mathematics is about as rough as Leigh Griffiths’ big heid most mornings.

He's got a forehead like John merrick have you ?.

Still have that programme, never mind where the time goes, where does our hair go? I could style my hair like Colin West back then, now I just wipe ma heed with a cloth :D

Still have that programme, never mind where the time goes, where does our hair go? I could style my hair like Colin West back then, now I just wipe ma heed with a cloth :D

Know that feeling but not quite there yet :-

The Fine Fare league, I'm sure the vast majority on here don't even know what Fine Fare was :D

Have managed to add on more scans of the club shop catalogues advertised on Copland Road in the programme from season 1985/6 and 1988/9 quite fascinating to read

https://imgur.com/user/billyritchieblue1

Know that feeling but not quite there yet :-

Have managed to add on more scans of the club shop catalogues advertised on Copland Road in the programme from season 1985/6 and 1988/9 quite fascinating to read

Added in the full 1990/1 Copland Road Rangers Shop Catolgue this time is in colour think shop was still same size though, just larger range for mail order e c t

https://imgur.com/gallery/Czniy3B

Back