35 years ago tonight - Rangers v Dynamo Kiev

The most intense atmosphere I've know at Ibrox was that night ,it truly was so loud you could not hear anyone next to you .

And this was with a capacity of 44,000 and the open corners

Before my time, sounds fantastic but hard to top Leipzig. Those who were at both seem to siding with this one. Parma would be 2nd best in my match going lifetime. Hopefully don’t need to wait 10-20 years on the next special night.

That sourness back pass in the last minute was utter madness lol

It was - I think there was a stadium wide soiling of underwear when he did that and the Kiev player was closing in on Woods.

Was an incredible night - was never equaled until Leipzig. A night where your head is absolutely buzzing and you are shaking with nerves then an explosion of absolute joy and relief.

And the greatest atmosphere Ibrox has ever known. FACT. :)

Trying to talk to your pals was like trying to talk during a rock concert - you had to cup your hands around their ears and shout.

When the crowd was singing or chanting it was simply roaring. Never been in an atmosphere like it!

I was in the enclosure that night as a 23 year old

Was in the main stand on the halfway line (no idea how we got those seats) and the noise from the enclosures was biblical.
Only a few weeks later and Roberts was conducting the choir.

Copland front and when the second went in we're all going absolutely mental, then the guy next to us ask us all to stand still. His teeth had came out and he didn't want anyone to jump on them and break them.

And the greatest atmosphere Ibrox has ever known. FACT. :)

Trying to talk to your pals was like trying to talk during a rock concert - you had to cup your hands around their ears and shout.

When the crowd was singing or chanting it was simply roaring. Never been in an atmosphere like it!

IIRC I sat in my mum and dads kitchen listening to this very match on the radio as an eleven year old.

Was 15 at the time in the Govan Front. Remember Oleg Blokhin bursting through a couple times at 2-0 and shooting wide?

It is a fact that this game is the loudest Ibrox has ever been or ever will be. Only those lucky enough to have been there can appreciate this.
I personally think that last season’s Europa League semifinal second leg against RB Leipzig eclipsed this game. Only in my opinion. I was at both of them

Back