36 years ago today. Super Ally League Cup Final hat trick v celtic

dh1963

Big Jock had the Battle Fever on.
We packed out our end of Hampden unlike the other lot.
Bobby Russell sublime.
Peter McCloy with another assist.
Big dumpling Aitken conceding his first Rangers cup winning penalty.
And Super Ally doing what he just kept doing, slaying the beasts.

36 years!

Big Sadie in midfield.

Robert Prytz and Ian Redford were both sent off v Dundee in the cup the previous Saturday and were suspended.

If they had both been available there's a possibility Ally wouldn't have started.

Robert Prytz and Ian Redford were both sent off v Dundee in the cup the previous Saturday and were suspended.

If they had both been available there's a possibility Ally wouldn't have started.
It was certainly a defining moment (120 of them) in Ally's career.

My first game v them. Not a bad start.

63-250384.jpg

Cant believe its that long ago :eek:

Feel really old now , can remember everything about that day.

36 years ago. Oh dear and another post that has me wondering where the years have gone. I'm pretty sure I left with the customary black lips after the game that day.

Following on from the most German looking and Scottish looking players threads...is there ever a more "big 19th Century Terrorist tottie heid" than Frank Connor, the celtc assistant coach back then?

As my old gran would say "a face like the map of Ireland".

More than a possibility DH.
Given that McCoist started in midfield, it’s fairly certain one of the two midfielders would’ve got the nod.

The game that changed Ally’s relationship with the Bears.

“Ally, Ally get tae....yaaaassss, Super Ally, Super Ally...”.

Big Jock had the Battle Fever on.
We packed out our end of Hampden unlike the other lot.
Bobby Russell sublime.
Peter McCloy with another assist.
Big dumpling Aitken conceding his first Rangers cup winning penalty.
And Super Ally doing what he just kept doing, slaying the beasts.

36 years!

Brilliant to see that.

Btw how lucky was the person that had the top corner tenement flat at the back of the north stand, perfect view of the pitch. I bet they must've been raging when the new stand was built lol.

More than a possibility DH.
Given that McCoist started in midfield, it’s fairly certain one of the two midfielders would’ve got the nod.

From memory, Ally was playing up front before this Cup final. It was John Macdonald who came back in, with McCoist moving back.

Although we did lose the previous game, so maybe McDonald would have come in for McCoist anyway.

I was back from south Africa on a 3 month ticket with British Airways & the ticket was due up the week before, I cancelled the flight as I hadn't been to an old firm game for 9 years.
What a day
I had to start looking for a job after that & heh ho still here after 36 years

Big Aitken was always hard done to, eh? Liked Bonner having a pop at the clown.

Burns was caught for the penalty but I'm surprised he never got whiplash with his twisting dive through the air.

Back