4 Lads had a dream

Resident_hammy_bear

A song that epitomises the last 10 years of hardship for us and how we have fought through the hard times and are so close to being back where we belong, I for one will have a wee tear in my eye when thousands of bears belt this out and realise we need to change the lyrics ever so slightly... "55 titles, we're still going strong"

A beautiful song which celebrates the greatest origin story in sport. I too cannot wait to amend the lyrics accordingly!!

Reactions: WBD
A song that epitomises the last 10 years of hardship for us and how we have fought through the hard times and are so close to being back where we belong, I for one will have a wee tear in my eye when thousands of bears belt this out and realise we need to change the lyrics ever so slightly... "55 titles, we're still going strong"
An easy change to make and well overdue one but a very very welcome one too! B-)

W.A.T.P.

I wrote the original.

One of my proudest achievements and something I’ll take to the grave.

so proud at the impact it’s had.

The original first seen the light of day on the old boards and was posted under my former alias ‘theresaweespotineurope’

since then the song has grown and been recorded by numerous others.

Jim Hannah the formers supporters chief had invited me to the 1972 cup winners cup dinner at the time and there were also plans for the club to record the song for themselves however, 2012 happened and the plans never made it any further.

I’ve since moved halfway around the world however it always puts a smile on my face knowing that a few lines that appeared in my head while taking a shite in my mum’s house in cambuslang has had such an effect on thousands.

I wrote the original.

The original first seen the light of day on the old boards and was posted under my former alias ‘theresaweespotineurope’

Jim Hannah the formers supporters chief had invited me to the 1972 cup winners cup dinner at the time and there were also plans for the club to record the song for themselves however, 2012 happened and the plans never made it any further.

I’ve since moved halfway around the world however it always puts a smile on my face knowing that a few lines that appeared in my head while taking a shite in my mum’s house in cambuslang has had such an effect on thousands.
I thought it was the Standard Bearer who wrote 4 lads had a dream (the chorus and main part)?? I wrote the verses to it. But always read the Standard Bearer wrote it, or is it another user name you used?

I thought it was the Standard Bearer who wrote 4 lads had a dream (the chorus and main part)?? I wrote the verses to it. But always read the Standard Bearer wrote it, or is it another user name you used?
I am standard bearer bro.

my old account was eliminated.

I wrote the original.

Brilliant Joe.

Brings tears to my eyes listening to it.

Cant wait to get back singing it with 50,000 bears mate.

Back