4 Lads pod, Kenny Miller

rinosprayer

Great listen

First half hour is just a best team which is fair enough but it really improves from about 35 minutes on when he talks about his best goals for the club.

Some people like Kenny, and I wouldn’t denigrate anyone who does, but I just find it surprising there is an audience for content with him.

Not for me.

How on Earth can you be surprised? :))

The guy has around 200 appearances over 3 stints at the club and about 50 caps for Scotland, scoring a load of goals in the process. You don’t think that would draw some interest from Rangers/football fans?

Plenty listened to, and enjoyed, the H&H podcast with Brian Rice ffs. Me included.

How on Earth can you surprised? :))

The guy has around 200 appearances over 3 stints at the club and about 50 caps for Scotland, scoring a load of goals in the process. You don’t think that would draw some interest from Rangers/football fans?

Plenty listened to, and enjoyed, the H&H podcast with Brian Rice ffs. Me included.
Brian Rice is not the equivalent comparison. Brian Rice is a Celtic fan, nothing wrong with that, and he speaks a bit of sense on football. Kenny Miller played for us then played for them. Professes to be a Ranger supporter. And that’s before you get into the whole dressing room fiasco and leaks to the press and his denials which have as much credibility as Donald Trump.

There’s a lot to forgive, if you want to like Miller.

Brian Rice is not the equivalent comparison. Brian Rice is a Celtic fan, nothing wrong with that, and he speaks a bit of sense on football. Kenny Miller played for us then played for them. Professes to be a Ranger supporter. And that’s before you get into the whole dressing room fiasco and leaks to the press and his denials which have as much credibility as Donald Trump.

Then you have the fact he scored goals that helped win us titles, cups, old firm games etc. I’ll take a wild guess that a vast majority would be interested hearing about those times.

Yawn

I beg to differ.

Minus some staunch points for you.

Finding interest in the podcast and liking him aren't mutually exclusive. Surely your description of him and his career is the epitome of interesting?

Caixinha was a disaster, but I'd still find it interesting to hear his perspective on his time at Rangers.

Loved Kenny Miller and don’t understand why any Rangers supporter doesn’t.
I am with you in liking kenny miller,hated the fact he went to them and was screaming abuse at the screen when he scored against us as i am sure everyone did but he more than made amends from my point of view when he came back.

However i can understand some people never fully forgiving him for his time with them.

Finding interest in the podcast and liking him aren't mutually exclusive. Surely your description of him and his career is the epitome of interesting?

Caixinha was a disaster, but I'd still find it interesting to hear his perspective on his time at Rangers.
I only said I’m surprised there is an audience, and I am.

Obviously this is a very marmite subject. Some folk are getting a bit too upset.

Would actually like to hear his thoughts on his decision to join them, does he talk about it on the pod?
Sure he discussed it in open goal, if I recall correctly wanted a return to Scotland & only Celtic were interested could be mistaken

why is it he only now ever posts about Rangers? i think it's fair to say he is a rangers fan, whether you like it or not Super Staunch

in the Warburton, Murty & Pedro era we relied on this guy to salvage nearly every game. would have been an even more embarrassing period had he not been around. perhaps he wanted the Rangers job - you can bet he would have been better than Pedro & Murty

I enjoyed it. It was entertaining but lacked the edge of some interviews like Amoruso who talked about his feelings at the club.
Very sad to hear 4lads is winding up, the best pod on the internet for interviews.

Would actually like to hear his thoughts on his decision to join them, does he talk about it on the pod?

Personally couldn’t do it but these guys are professionals at the end of the day and make decisions for that reason first.

Wives are often the downfall for a lot of Scottish footballers, they get homesick as soon as they pass the Gretna Services. A lot of the WAG types are moany wee cows who won’t stop until they get their way. Wolverhampton would drive anyone back to Scotland mind.

A very good player for us but he signed for the scum and that'll forever tarnish his reputation.
This. Dunno how some people can lose their shit over Boyd, Ferguson, Naismith, McCoist, Morelos etc and then be a mad Kenny Miller fan.

Yes he had some highs with us. But he also did the worst thing imaginable for a “Rangers” man. You can’t just pretend he didn’t. The ugly stain obviously taints his career as a bear. It doesn’t totally over rule it of course. But it is an ugly, ugly stain.

Does he ask him any awkward questions?
Care to tell us your side honestly and openly in the whole Murty saga?
It’s been said by many Bears that you have a good relationship with the likes of Jackson in the media, would you care to elaborate a bit on that and have you used him or others to get your sides of stories into the media?

And I say that as someone who liked Miller each time he was at us. He was a 100% player and was a massive part of 3IAR.

I’ll put my neck on the line and say he was our most consistent performer during Walter’s 3 in a row period.

His highlights include;
3 seasons in a row where he scored a double against the darkside
A cup final winner against St Mirren, and
A sensational half season in 2010/11, when he won the golden boot despite leaving in January.

I just can’t dislike a man who gave me some of my best times as a Rangers fan when I was a teenager.

This is still my favourite goal I’ve ever seen live, the Rangers end went wild.

Team could have done with a Miller in there last season, that's for sure.

I think it was Iain Duff on Twitter who said that Miller could make a claim towards being the most important player of the late noughties/tens, and I reckon I'd absolutely agree.

An incredible player for us, and the heart of many great successes under Walter.

Brian Rice is a Falkirk fan. The Tim fan thing is a myth.

His second stint under Walter was some of the best times I've had following Rangers.

McGregor, Weir, Boughera, Papac, Ferguson, Davis, Mendes, Thomson, Mculloch, Naismith, Boyd, Jelavic.

An incredible core of players over a 2/3 year period in which you could argue Miller contributed as much, if not more than anyone on the list above.

Kenny was a quality player for us.

Can’t deny he always produced the goods for us on the park. It’s more what happened off the pitch that makes folk take a dislike to him.

Some people like Kenny, and I wouldn’t denigrate anyone who does, but I just find it surprising there is an audience for content with him.

Not for me.
You're getting more abuse than you should because this was the first reply.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion.

Kenny Miller, genuinely one of my all time favourites. Other than Super I've never been so sure a player would hit the net against that lot. Every game I'd go into thinking, we might be up against it, but Kenny will get us a goal. He normally did.

Back