4 positive covid tests for standard liege

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goalie

STANDARD LIEGE have confirmed four positive Coronavirus tests ahead of their clash with Rangers.

Liege were tested following their draw with Club Brugge at the weekend after the league leaders recorded positive cases.

A Standard statement read: “Michel-Ange Balikwisha, Nicolas Raskin, Moussa Sissako and our goalkeeper trainer Jan Van Steenberghe have tested positive for Covid 19.
“On Tuesday morning, the entire Rouche delegation underwent a Covid 19 test ahead of Thursday's European match against Rangers FC.

“The results received this morning indicate that Michelangelo, Nicolas, Moussa and Jan are positive.
“The quartet went directly into quarantine and will therefore not participate in the matches this Thursday against Rangers FC and this Sunday at STVV.
“As a precautionary measure, Damjan PAVLOVIC and Abdoul Fessal TAPSOBA, both tested negative, who cohabit and spent the evening yesterday with Moussa SISSAKO, are also excluded from the group pending the results of a new test.”

A Standard statement read: “Michel-Ange Balikwisha, Nicolas Raskin, Moussa Sissako and our goalkeeper trainer Jan Van Steenberghe have tested positive for Covid 19.
“On Tuesday morning, the entire Rouche delegation underwent a Covid 19 test ahead of Thursday's European match against Rangers FC.

Looking at some of their recent previous games, Raskin and Balikwisha are usually on the scoresheet.

It’s definitely a squad game these days that’s for sure. We will get our time with it but I think we have enough in depth

2 of their starters in there.

AZ Alkmaar are going through similar and added further covid fails after the initial batch

Surely they should be tested again before the game. We keep being told the reason for 14 day isolation period is due to the fact it can sit dormant before showing symptoms. How can a football team accurately decide which players have been closer contacts etc when they all train together? Also they share facilities so touching stuff constantly.

The whole things an absolute sham.

I believe we wanted to go over there as late as possible and spend minimal time there. Yet UEFA in their wisdom insist we were there in time for press conference duties tonight rather than allowing us to do it remotely. With that kind if stupidity being forced on us, and the continuing insistence on international football, its only a matter of time before we are hit by this.

So what are the chances a couple of our players now will be by next week or so
This is my concern. They played against Brugge who had players test positive and now they have players testing positive. Thought they could only catch it if within 2 metres for 15 mins or some other shite like that! Its clearly easily passed on and the "rigorous" testing isnt fail safe.

He's not got terminal cancer ffs. He'll be fine in a week, if he isn't already.
Has any player out of the many many many players to catch this actually been not well? We hear about them missing games etc but not heard of 1 player thats actually been sick from it. Most are straight in playing as soon as they can stop isolation. Well except Eduoard who clearly just cant be arsed playing for them this season.

Wonder if the playing/coaching staff volunteered weeks ago for one of the vaccine clinical trials. Absolute genius if so.

It will happen to us at some point, it's imperative we put teams to the sword who are affected. Let's be ruthless Rangers and make a statement in Europe

Apparently one was already injured, one would not have played and one is the goalkeeper trainer so it is really just one that will impact them but he is a good player

It will, I said the extent same thing when it seemed some folks were getting excited about the scum players testing positive or having to isolate.
Our squad is stronger, we could have went into the OF game with no Kent, Morelos and Helander and with Roofe, Aribo and Balogun we wouldn't be banding about the ' we woz decimated' lie.
We need to annihilate sides whilst we have an advantage, when it is our turn then I have faith we are strong enough to ride it out

Has any player out of the many many many players to catch this actually been not well? We hear about them missing games etc but not heard of 1 player thats actually been sick from it. Most are straight in playing as soon as they can stop isolation. Well except Eduoard who clearly just cant be arsed playing for them this season.

I've seen a few players who've tested positive complaining of a slight temperature but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back