4 positive covid tests for standard liege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizarrely, "close contact" apparently means that you have to be within 2m of someone who is infected for more than 20 consecutive mins.

If that's the case, why do I need to wear a face mask wandering around Asda, as I have never spent 20 mins rubbing up against anyone at the Deli counter. Honest!
Lol nice one

I have no information on the physical and immune system condition of pro footballers but general knowledge says many highly tuned elite athletes run a fine line between prime condition and vulnerability to illness .eg we see and hear it constantly for pro cyclists
Therefore I’ve no idea why anyone can be sure these players are entirely safe from this virus having a serious impact on there health. Just seems like the usual blind misinformation to me .

The closer this game gets the more aware I am of the potential repercussions for us.

Belgium is currently rife with covid. With new cases topping 9000 a day officials admit the country's health services are on the brink of loosing control. That fact is backed up by the people tasked with dealing with the virus which alarmingly has Belgium sitting at THE WORST hotspot in Europe.

I can't help feeling that all the hard work we have done to get into our current position could be seriously undermined by making the journey. Too late now of course as the team have already traveled but all the facts surrounding this trip point to a huge risk for us.

Is it just a coincidence that last Sunday Bruges player/players tested positive and missed the game against Liege, talk of incubation period being 48 hrs and 48 hrs later 4 from Liege test positive for covid.

All the Liege players will have been together in the Bruges game and also together at training before and after the tests.

That means that anyone who had it and tested positive on Tuesday, those who didn't could still be within the 48 hrs incubation period which will be up until Thursday on the day of the game, which means we could be playing alongside players who are about to test positive.

The rules on this are bonkers, Christie was told to self isolate because he had been in close contact with Amstrong who tested positive, all the Standard Liege players would have been in close contact with each other over the last few days and 3 of them including a goalkeeping coach have tested positive, but the rest of their team don't have to self isolate.

As we seen with St Mirren in their goalkeeping coach testing positive which meant all their keepers had to self isolate, then given Standard Liege goalkeeping coach has tested positive, then why aren't all their goalkeepers being told to self isolate because they would have been in close contact with him, exact same situation as St Mirren.

Given the situation in Belgium right now nobody should be allowed into the stadium.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if our own team after travelling home start to get positive cases simply because of the positive tests and perhaps others who will test positive and our close contact with those at Standard Liege.
Got a bad feeling this is going to bite us.

As you say we could potentially be playing against players that are negative tonight and positive tommorow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back