4 positive covid tests for standard liege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently one was already injured, one would not have played and one is the goalkeeper trainer so it is really just one that will impact them but he is a good player
As mentioned earlier, how can they possibly claim the goalkeeper coach wasnt a close contact to the goalkeepers? These rules are stinking to be honest.

Has any player out of the many many many players to catch this actually been not well? We hear about them missing games etc but not heard of 1 player thats actually been sick from it. Most are straight in playing as soon as they can stop isolation. Well except Eduoard who clearly just cant be arsed playing for them this season.
I read an article about some athletes in the US who lost between 20-30% of their normal lung function after COVID, but it recovered eventually. I assume that this is one of the reasons for the fatigue that some people report after they've had the virus.

Has any player out of the many many many players to catch this actually been not well? We hear about them missing games etc but not heard of 1 player thats actually been sick from it. Most are straight in playing as soon as they can stop isolation. Well except Eduoard who clearly just cant be arsed playing for them this season.

So far not one top level athlete has had symptoms worse than a mild flu.

I read an article about some athletes in the US who lost between 20-30% of their normal lung function after COVID, but it recovered eventually. I assume that this is one of the reasons for the fatigue that some people report after they've had the virus.
Eduoard was claiming he couldnt play due to fatigue weeks before he got it! Didnt seem to do big Zlatan much harm and like I say majority of players that have had it are straight back in the team after so cant be that badly affected.

I think some of the Brugges players tested positive on Sunday after the game on Saturday so that’s maybe where it came from.

It’s not good news for him. Some perspective here.
The likelihood of an extremely fit professional athlete suffering greatly COVID are miniscule.

Ive yet to read of case from football that has escalated at all. There also needs to "perspective" that takes this into account too.

Last edited:
For context AZ Alkmaar had an initial batch of positives and then another batch

I’d guess Standard Liege will be tested again today for final confirmation tomorrow, as will Rangers on arrival

AZ Alkmaar have been hit by 13 positive coronavirus cases, but their Europa League clash with Napoli on Thursday will still go ahead as planned.

The Dutch side had already confirmed that eight players would be unavailable for the trip to Napoli after they tested positive for Covid-19, and on Tuesday afternoon it was announced that a further five in their squad had been diagnosed with the virus.

Pepe Reina is the only one I've read who actually struggled with it.

Obviously he's at the older end of the scale being 39/40.

Like it is for every age group there will be anomalies and outliers.

Footballers should be allowed to play if they are feeling fine regardless of these test results. Testing these individuals is more trouble than it is worth given the likelihood of them becoming ill.

If there are 'at-risk' employees in and around the clubs and playing staffs then sure test them, but this testing of players every week and isolation for being within touching distance is hyperbolic farce

Dose every player with it just before the next international break. Clears them for the rest of the season

We cannot afford to risk players catching this ahead of a massive game at Kilmarnock . Think it’s highly likely they have incubating players and someone is gonna get this . Do they get tested again before the game?

Won’t be long till the conspiracy theories start
I'm sure they already have, wasn't there a twitter post from Kerryfail hinting it was part of "operation stop the 10". I'm just gutted we've been rumbled so soon ;)

Only Raskin is really a guaranteed starter for them out of that side but every little helps

We cannot afford to risk players catching this ahead of a massive game at Kilmarnock . Think it’s highly likely they have incubating players and someone is gonna get this . Do they get tested again before the game?
What do we do then? Forfeit the game?

Just now we are getting the advantage because of this but there is no doubt we will get a positive test at some point or a few.

What does it take for them to null and void the game? How many players out? What is the rule 3-0 win?

Going by this logic we won’t play another game this season, and our players will never leave the house.

Need to just get on with it and take things as they come.

The chance of us catching it from a game of football, even though it looks like they’ve caught it from a game of football, is slim. Our players have as big a chance catching it in Glasgow then they do in Liege I would imagine.

I’m not sure that story is actually correct, I don’t think it’s as straightforward as five being out due to COVID.

He's not got terminal cancer ffs. He'll be fine in a week, if he isn't already.

If he has a bad reaction then maybe not, I doubt Celtic will be seeing Edouarde or Bitton for a good few weeks for example.

My only worry is if we lose our key players due to covid on our European travels big game at Kilmarnock next week and could do with all our key players fit and ready

If he has a bad reaction then maybe not, I doubt Celtic will be seeing Edouarde or Bitton for a good few weeks for example.
Im interested in why you come to that conclusion Tags? For example, the Aberdeen players who caught it weren't out for a "good few weeks".

The likelihood of an extremely fit professional athlete suffering greatly COVID are miniscule.

Ive yet to read of case from football that has escalated at all. There also needs to "perspective" that takes this into account too.

Read Bitton in today's press, he was/is floored by it.

Pepe Reina is the only one I've read who actually struggled with it.

Obviously he's at the older end of the scale being 39/40.

Like it is for every age group there will be anomalies and outliers.

Footballers should be allowed to play if they are feeling fine regardless of these test results. Testing these individuals is more trouble than it is worth given the likelihood of them becoming ill.

If there are 'at-risk' employees in and around the clubs and playing staffs then sure test them, but this testing of players every week and isolation for being within touching distance is hyperbolic farce
What utter nonsense, these players have family that they could infect and harm. They are human beings first and players second, they cannot social distance in a contact sport so their H&S and that of their families must be supported by regular testing....otherwise the seasons will stop!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back