4 positive covid tests for standard liege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im interested in why you come to that conclusion Tags? For example, the Aberdeen players who caught it weren't out for a "good few weeks".

Read Bitton in today's press, he's been absolutely floored by it, said he couldn't stand etc, and although it's been quiet around Edouarde so far the fact Ntcham said that Eduoarde was 'recovering well' suggests it wasn't just an asymptomatic case, like many are.

Im interested in why you come to that conclusion Tags? For example, the Aberdeen players who caught it weren't out for a "good few weeks".
I get the impression that Edouard might have had symptoms going by Ntcham and Lennons comments but doubt he’ll be out for a few weeks.

Liege has been absolutely riddled with it; they're in crisis mode there now. So much so that it's being compared to Lombardy.

I'm actually quite uncomfortable with our players going out there, in a bubble or not.

Read Bitton in today's press, he was/is floored by it.
Is Eduard back in Scotland yet?, I seen that he didn’t bother to arrive back in Scotland on Saturday nor turn up to the Paedodome even though his isolation period was over. I can’t help but think he just wanted to stay in France for a bit extra time and maybe milked the fatigue aspect. He clearly wanted out of there during the past window!!

How long before Trump's 'China Virus' becomes Mhanks "Rangers virus'? we started it and spread it across the word to stop their 10iar ! In fact, Alfie brought it back from Columbia !

3 positive , 2 self isolating as they live with one of the positives. Named on STV News site, no idea if they are starting 11 players or not.

This will likely affect most clubs at some point. The worry is for us playing a mob with a live outbreak.

Hopefully we have planned well and have our risk of cross team infection reduced e.g. no players living together, groups of younger players included in our tests etc

Not much we can do. It just shows how much of a farce the test is that you could have it and the test wouldn’t know cos of incubation
A test is like a bank reference, only as good as the day it is written. You could catch the virus off the person handing it to you. Still, its all weve got I suppose.

Is Eduard back in Scotland yet?, I seen that he didn’t bother to arrive back in Scotland on Saturday nor turn up to the Paedodome even though his isolation period was over. I can’t help but think he just wanted to stay in France for a bit extra time and maybe milked the fatigue aspect. He clearly wanted out of there during the past window!!
I'm sure Edouard was sitting in their main stand behind Welsh after he had been subbed on Saturday

I get the impression that Edouard might have had symptoms going by Ntcham and Lennons comments but doubt he’ll be out for a few weeks.
He was also too "fatigued" to play a few weeks ago after playing for France. Just think he cant be arsed this season for them.

Nobody is doubting they may get some symptoms but Ive not heard about any player missing weeks of football after the isolation period.

He was also too "fatigued" to play a few weeks ago after playing for France. Just think he cant be arsed this season for them.

Nobody is doubting they may get some symptoms but Ive not heard about any player missing weeks of football after the isolation period.

Bitton is in the press today talking about how he couldn't stand up and was/is really ill, I really doubt he'll be seen for them for weeks.

Fit and healthy people do get bad reactions to it, not every time but it happens.

I can’t help but feel this season is a bit meh with all this going on, doesn’t feel right.

Don’t get me wrong I will gladly take the wins and the achievements that come with it but I can’t help feeling weird.

Just hopeful we can avoid a case as long as possible.

Bitton is in the press today talking about how he couldn't stand up and was/is really ill, I really doubt he'll be seen for them for weeks.

Fit and healthy people do get bad reactions to it, not every time but it happens.
So 1 out of how many players in Scotland that have had it? We will see how long he misses but I imagine it wont be weeks.

So 1 out of how many players in Scotland that have had it? We will see how long he misses but I imagine it wont be weeks.

The majority of those who've tested positive have been asymptomatic, he hasn't been and if he's had it as bad as he's described today he's had a rough time

I assume you haven't known someone who has had a bad reaction? They're generally not on their feet properly for a good few weeks, sometimes longer.

I believe we wanted to go over there as late as possible and spend minimal time there. Yet UEFA in their wisdom insist we were there in time for press conference duties tonight rather than allowing us to do it remotely. With that kind if stupidity being forced on us, and the continuing insistence on international football, its only a matter of time before we are hit by this.
That would've made perfect sense, and UEFA should be looking at changing that criteria where clubs have to be present for press conference the day prior to the match.

I can’t help thinking this is going to hit us hard at some point.
We just need to treat them like injuries. And it’s why it’s important that as many of our players are match sharp.

it’s also vitally important that we capitalise in every game when we are fully fit.

I’m also assuming the club are continually revising their guidance to the players

Just now we are getting the advantage because of this but there is no doubt we will get a positive test at some point or a few.

What does it take for them to null and void the game? How many players out? What is the rule 3-0 win?
If there's another massive outbreak and we're top the League will certainly be null and void!

Read Bitton in today's press, he's been absolutely floored by it, said he couldn't stand etc, and although it's been quiet around Edouarde so far the fact Ntcham said that Eduoarde was 'recovering well' suggests it wasn't just an asymptomatic case, like many are.
Edouard was really ill with it also. Lennon said there was never any chance he’d be involved on Saturday as he couldn’t do anything in isolation.

Our club really has to be commended for how it's handed this situation. Impeccable in its professionalism.

Others should be ashamed.

Tempting fate a bit there bud, you could be the most professional side in the world and one of the players kids bring it home from school etc, hopefully this run of negatives continue but it wouldn't necessarily be a lack of professionalism if we had an outbreak at some point.

We just need to treat them like injuries. And it’s why it’s important that as many of our players are match sharp.

it’s also vitally important that we capitalise in every game when we are fully fit.

I’m also assuming the club are continually revising their guidance to the players
100% I’m just a pessimistic bastard and picturing it hitting a dozen players!

It’s alright saying ‘treat them like injuries’ but if somebody pulls a hamstring you don’t get 3 or 4 of them falling over.

Sooner the vaccine comes the better.

Perhaps gives extra importance to rotating the squad as often as we can, making sure the likes of Bassey/Patterson/Jones/Defoe/Edmudson/Balogun etc all get some minutes so they can slot in when needed. With 5 subs we should be doing this more anyway.

This is my concern. They played against Brugge who had players test positive and now they have players testing positive. Thought they could only catch it if within 2 metres for 15 mins or some other shite like that! Its clearly easily passed on and the "rigorous" testing isn't fail safe.
The way they cough and spit all the time on the pitch and players are slide tackling or going to ground where a player has spat or cleared his nose by blowing it onto the pitch doesn't help.
And all the hugging and cheering having scored a goal, spreading their germs isn't helping.

Should we have a potential 2nd string that trains & plays separately in the event the first team squad gets decimated?
Firth, Patterson, Edmunson, Bassey, Barjonas, Middleton, Jones, Stewart and youth players?

edit possibly too extreme but I’d rather be prepared

The way they cough and spit all the time on the pitch and players are slide tackling or going to ground where a player has spat or cleared his nose by blowing it onto the pitch doesn't help.
And all the hugging and cheering having scored a goal, spreading their germs isn't helping.
Watched some rugby over the weekend. Men grappling up close and personal for 80 minutes. Score a try and elbow bump. What is that about?

The majority of those who've tested positive have been asymptomatic, he hasn't been and if he's had it as bad as he's described today he's had a rough time

I assume you haven't known someone who has had a bad reaction? They're generally not on their feet properly for a good few weeks, sometimes longer.
Sounds just like flu symptoms then.

I can’t help thinking this is going to hit us hard at some point.
Been nagging away at the back of my mind also. This league title must be prioritised so If the club decided to call a halt to our Euro campaign to lessen the risks I'd be quite happy with that.

Been nagging away at the back of my mind also. This league title must be prioritised so If the club decided to call a halt to our Euro campaign to lessen the risks I'd be quite happy with that.
Not the worst idea from a practical angle. I imagine if that was to happen, then UEFA would not let you in the following season. Unless 20 or so clubs got together and told them enough is enough.

Bet365 have us as favourites now.

We are 6/5 and they are 11/5.

11/5 for them at home given their previous records is mental. But I’ll never bet against us

I hope all their affected players recover to be safe and well.
Just highlights again the dangers these guys are facing with all the travelling for euro or international games. I really thought it should be domestic football only this season to limit potential exposure.

It’s alright saying ‘treat them like injuries’ but if somebody pulls a hamstring you don’t get 3 or 4 of them falling over.

Sooner the vaccine comes the better.
Yeah, injuries aren't contagious, it's a strange comparison.

Sounds just like flu symptoms then.

Its nothing like the flu, it directly affects and causes damage(sometimes permanent) to your lungs.

Ive had the flu.

Ive seen at close hand what this virus can do to your organs and your body, no matter how young, fit or healthy you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back