Bear in Mind 4 Questions (Saturday 31st) - 1 Year Milestone!

MrBearightside

Well, I did it!

I have posted a quiz every single day for 1 year, which means I posted a quiz on everyone's birthday!

I didn't set out with that aim, but the comments and replies were encouraging and it seemed people were enjoying it.

Over the weeks and months it was nice to see the regulars posting their scores and making comments (you know who you are) and they were always welcoming to those who posted their scores for the first time.

I am also pleased that the post has stayed free from arguments and squabbling, just friendly jibes.

I would like to thank the admin team for assigning a dedicated "Bear in Mind" title thread and renaming my title as the 'Quiz Master', it was a milestone achievement!

Anyways, I will now only posting a quiz on game days,... which means you will all have to wait until tomorrow for you next quiz!

Thanks one and all.

There are 4 questions to complete

Each question is worth 3 points

If you use the 'clue' you only get 1 point.

Out of a maximum score of 12, the pass mark is 7

Let me know if you pass or fail

*** QUESTION 1 ***

Name the 2 bears

Clue :

Answers:

*** QUESTION 2 ***

Work out the text behind the colours

You need to get all colours to get the 3 points

Clue :

Answer :

*** QUESTION 3 ***

Name the scorer

Clue :
Opposition was Parma

Answers:

*** QUESTION 4 ***

6 players who have signed for us and Southampton

1 point if you get 4

NO FIRST TEAM APPEARANCES REQUIRED FOR EITHER TEAM

There is no 'clue' or 'answers' available for this question, its all or nothing.

To post a spoiler, click on the first set of 3 dots then click on the 'masked eyes' symbol that is to the right and type your answer between the two spoilers that appear.

Please don't post any answers in your reply, if you want to mention an answer then please include it within a 'spoiler'.

Lets see those comments

10/12 today. I needed the clue to get the 2nd player in question 1. Yet another iconic goal in question 3.

Rod Wallace
Terry Hurlock
James Beattie
Antti Niemi
Neil McCann
Jim Steele

Magnificent effort over the last year @MrBearightside and much appreciated. I'll certainly miss the daily quiz but will look forward to the match day quizzes as part of the game build-up. Thanks again mate.

I was so wanting a maximum for the last quiz, but as there's one tomorrow I can relax!

Before posting my score, want to say a huge thanks to @MrBearightside for keeping so many of us entertained for a whole year. This quiz has been around longer than Covid, it's a phenomenal effort and I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just couldn't figure out the player from longer ago, knew the strip and therefore the rough time it was from, but just couldn't see the face till I accepted I wasn't getting 12/12 today.
The second question looks impossible but actually quite straightforward when you know Rangers must be in there.
Third one was unforgettable.

Rod Wallace, Terry Hurlock, Jim Steele, Neil McCann, Steven Davis, Anti Niemi

Well 6/12 staunch as feck, Mr B thank you so much for both the fun and education you have given over the full year.
I have had 12/12 twice and would like to thank you for letting me pick the questions for those two days :cool:
To the guys who Ave basically got 12/12 at least 3 times a week I would advice that you go out and get yer hole before it falls off due to lack of use.

It’s been great fun and I will see you all on the thread tomorrow as MrB says he will be doing match day quizzes.

Well 6/12 staunch as feck, Mr B thank you so much for both the fun and education you have given over the full year.
I have had 12/12 twice and would like to thank you for letting me pick the questions for those two days :cool:
To the guys who Ave basically got 12/12 at least 3 times a week I would advice that you go out and get yer hole before it falls off due to lack of use.

It’s been great fun and I will see you all on the thread tomorrow as MrB says he will be doing match day quizzes.
Why can't I get 12/12 and my hole in the same day?

Asking theoretically for a friend.

I wont embarrass myself with posting a score, however I will say thabk you for your tremendous work @MrBearightside.
To do a quiz every day is excellent. Like others I have been frustrated with some of the questions, more often than not, and my scores have been horrendous but that does not lessen my enjoyment.
Its great to relive some moments in Rangers great history and also learn knew facts.
It keeps the grey matter ticking over, which in normal times is important but in these uncertain and difficult times vital to keep your sanity.
Thank you once again and for now a cyber pint is on its way to you but I hope when normality breaks out that can ne replaced by a real one.
All the best and cant wait til tomorrow

10/12 today. I needed the clue to get the 2nd player in question 1. Yet another iconic goal in question 3.

Rod Wallace
Terry Hurlock
James Beattie
Antti Niemi
Neil McCann
Jim Steele

Magnificent effort over the last year @MrBearightside and much appreciated. I'll certainly miss the daily quiz but will look forward to the match day quizzes as part of the game build-up. Thanks again mate.
Not at the races with question one.

I wondered who’d get that last name before I posted.
Thought it’d be DH, same age group, as in “old”.
Davis, Walters, Hurlock, Wallace, Ostenstaad and Steele.

12 points full house.

Very well done Mr B and thank you for the quizzes!

They have been the threads thats been full of my best FF pals. Will definitely look forward to the game day quizzes.

Great camaraderie on this thread.

McCann
Davis
Niemi
Rod Wallace
Jim Steele
James Beattie

Last edited by a moderator:
12/12 took a bit of time on question two but two loan spells sent me in the correct direction.

McCann, Niemi, Ostenstad, Beattie, Wallace, Davis

Cheers for the quizzes enjoyable & one thread without argument!

Got 10/10 on MyGers quiz as well. Successful start to the weekend.

Was hoping for a better effort for the last daily quiz, feel I’ve let you down @MrBearightside !

0 wrong guess for player on the right
3 looked impossible but a moment of thought and it’s actually quite easy.
0 never used the clue, would’ve got it if I had!

Steven Davis, Egil Ostenstad, Mark Walters, James Beattie, Rod Wallace, Andrei Kanchelskis[/ISPOILER]

Another 6/12.

Hopefully, with the quiz now moving to match days only and you now having more time to prepare, the questions don't get any tougher or I really will need to retire.

0, 0, 3 and 3 today.

Q4 Answer - Rod Wallace, James Beattie, Steve Davis, Mark Walters, Antti Niemi and Andrei Kanchelskis. And an extra, obscure one - Jim Steele

Thanks again Mr B for all the hard work its much appreciated even if some of us don't always get a full house :))

Edit - having subsequently seen others replies I can't believe how many actually remember the one I thought was an "obscure" answer to Q4.

He was only here about a month and was pretty poor when he was here :)

Last edited:
MrB
I was going to start a new thread to say thanks for your time an efforts over the year.
A new post will have to suffice.
Quizzes were brilliant for the best part.
Most people get a wee bottle or two when they leave a job, must’ve been a job at times, unfortunately, unless you know some of the posters in the real world, you’ll just have to settle goer the cyber version.
So here’s a nice magnum of Dom Perignon as a thanks.
Think nothing if it :)

Just to echo everyone above in thanking MrB for the frustration, fun & occasional delight he's brought over the last year. A superb effort & much appreciated. Still got matchdays to look forward to.

0 (got L, nor R), 3, 1 (clue was crucial), 3. Scraped a pass.
Hurlock, Niemi, Davo, Dailly, Beattie, wee Rod

Repeating everyone else but really appreciated these threads, been a great way to keep contact and have fun with mates over the last few months in particular.

Full house today! 2 photos and the gif came quite quickly and once you work out who the player is in Q2 likewise. Shot to 4 names but the 5th took a bit longer.

McCann
Davis
Niemi
Ostenstad
Beattie

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Repeating everyone else but really appreciated these threads, been a great way to keep contact and have fun with mates over the last few months in particular.

Full house today! 2 photos and the gif came quite quickly and once you work out who the player is in Q2 likewise. Shot to 4 names but the 5th took a bit longer.

McCann
Davis
Niemi
Ostenstad
Beattie

Thanks again!
Far be it for me to be petty :eek: but you've only listed 5 players in question 4 not the required 6 ;) so no full house :))

An error in reading the initial Q rather than the number of names I got in the end my friend but rightly chinned!

I will retreat to the shadows with a 9/12 as they were not posted :D
Don't be so hard on yourself - 5 names still gets you a point for Q4 so 10/12.

Personally I would have accepted the honest mistake and assumed that, as a good bear, you would ultimately have got a 6th player and, seeing as it's the last daily quiz, would have allowed you the full house.

Unfortunately others are less forgiving and a bit more competitive :)) :)) :))

Don't be so hard on yourself - 5 names still gets you a point for Q4 so 10/12.

Personally I would have accepted the honest mistake and assumed that, as a good bear, you would ultimately have got a 6th player and, seeing as it's the last daily quiz, would have allowed you the full house.

Unfortunately others are less forgiving and a bit more competitive :)) :)) :))
Rules are rules :))

Back