40 years watching Rangers

Well my first game was in 1969 so I'm 55 years watching and can say this lot remind me of the dreadful early 80's when failure was the norm.

I'm of the same age. First game in November 1969 and have horrible memories of their real 9iar (when we still had good players) and the early to mid 80s (when outside of Cooper and Russell we had a load of dross) and other than the so-called banter years this team is the most frustrating of the lot.

You have to go back to the 60s and early 70s to find a Rangers team doing so well in Europe consistently, yet season after season they implode on the domestic scene with barely a whimper and can't handle the pressure of being Rangers players expected to win every competition they enter.

another sweeping up of the champions league riches for that shower,due to a bunch of imposters ,this time next year that lot could be sitting with almost 100 million in the bank, whilst we are still buying players past their sell by date, players that lower league clubs have passed on and assorted other wasters,
Some newspapers are saying second place Rangers will be in group stages automatically as long as Dortmund don't win this year's champions league. No idea if that's for real. Seems like our losers saw that and thought job done.

And never once have I been in a position where I could say that I would happily see the back of every single player in our squad. I’m struggling to find anyone I’d be keen to keep and that’s tragic.
I'm 35 years but I have deja vu from last season when I wanted a complete clear out. Didn't happen and we're back to the same conversation as the last 3 seasons.

There’s a few that are keepers - Sterling, Butland, Yilmaz but most should be available for sale. Total clear our required, but I would settle for CH, CM and CF (of quality)

57 years for me and can't agree more.

The early 80's were awful too but there was still a connection with the players to a certain extent. This mob of 'shit the bed's' are getting me down big time!
Off on holiday soon so will miss three of the final 5 games......perhaps a blessing....give me the summer to calm my stress levels...probably itching to get back come August.

Funny you should post this,I was thinking last night watch it,it reminded me of some of the god damn awful performances I used to watch at Dens in the early 80’s

I recall the game where John Brown scored a hat trick against us at Dens.

In the early 80's the league campaign for 5 years running was genuinely over by October when we were only the 4th or 5th best team in the country.

Back