45,500 season tickets sold

What would be the costs to lower the pitch, only my opinion with no knowledge of this. But it could be cheaper to try this route first.
Would be cheaper option maybe around say under £10m for all works

You are adding maybe around 1200 seats in total 2 rows per stands

On the phone to the Ticket Office today about an issue with season ticket renewal and whilst on the phone I asked about a potential seat move. The person said that we only have single seats available at the moment due to the phenomenal uptake on ST's, 45,500 sold so far.

What number did you call to get through to speak to someone mate?

PM me if it wasn’t the standard number. I need to also contact them regarding an issue.

The consensus seems to be that we can’t cheaply build seats where the screens are. But what about taking them out and replacing them with a few executive boxes? They could be stacked into the same shape as the screens maybe slightly overhanging the seats below

That's a big cost, Could be cheaper then to fill in the big screens spaces?
Would be cheaper option than filling the corners right now

I am sure we could try and find a way to do the corners without having to remove and replace the roofs which would be costly to do

Last edited:
Is that even possible though?
Always thought beams to hold up club deck have stopped this.
Lowering of pitch and extra rows along with more boxes is probably more relevant in the near future
The beams for the club deck wouldn’t have any effect on the corners being filled in.
They filled the lower corners no problem .

I'm a single seat Season Ticket holder and applied for a seat transfer yet heard no word back. Looks like I'll probably have to give them a call if that's the case.
me too

sounds like seats are being sold to new punters before any moves

That is not fair in my book

Would be cheaper option maybe around say under £10m for all works

You are adding maybe around 1200 seats in total 2 rows per stands
£10m for circa 1200 extra seats, at this moment in time, is just not worth it. We have bigger, much bigger, priorities for our cash. We’ve a long way to go yet before committing that sort of cash with such a lengthy return on investment period.

What number did you call to get through to speak to someone mate?

PM me if it wasn’t the standard number. I need to also contact them regarding an issue.
I emailed then someone phoned me not long after I got the auto-reply. It just came up on my phone as no ID as they are working from home.

£10m for circa 1200 extra seats, at this moment in time, is just not worth it. We have bigger, much bigger, priorities for our cash. We’ve a long way to go yet before committing that sort of cash with such a lengthy return on investment period.
It is/was of the short term options the club were looking at to increase capacity

A more pressing matter, how did the OP phone the ticket office when it has been continually stated on here that they are not taking calls.....;)
Not taking calls,but occasionally the club have to contact people with the number the club have on account.

Filling the corners can be done but at a cost

When they put the screens in, they had to remove steel work from the front of each stand that held up the roof so it didn't block the view of the corner seats and screens

They put additional steelwork behind the screens for the roof, you need to ensure that when removing the screens paneling on the upper tiers, they could what they have done at Old Trafford when they added tiers or even Dortmund's stadium

_117618315_gettyimages-72922308.jpg

signal-iduna-park-stadium.jpg

Originally seating in the upper section was planned

Which parts of steel were removed and replaced? My understanding is the original goal post steel supports are still in place and the corner seating goes up to them, with the screens in front. Maybe I'm just visualising it wrong but isn't the main support the beams with the crisis cross support in this picture still in place and covered by the seating and screens?

I agree mate.

Ok, put finances to one side for a moment.

This is 2021. The advances in technology and engineering have been huge in the past couple of decades. Look at what gets constructed all over the world.

I'm not having it - in typically negative Scottish fashion - that "it cannot be done".

Where there is a will, there is a way.
It can get done its potentially not financially viable i.e wouldnt be a good return on investment.

Whilst technology and engineering may have improved tieing into engineering designs from 40 years ago significantly increase complexity and provides certain limitations.

The club deck stairwells are actually colums to support the main span that supports the newer part of the stand.

Whatever it may cost it seems logistically the only way to increase capacity would be filling in the corners where the screens are I would sell naming rights to the stadium for a few years to help fund this personally and hopefully we can get retractable screens put elsewhere in the stadium

Which parts of steel were removed and replaced? My understanding is the original goal post steel supports are still in place and the corner seating goes up to them, with the screens in front. Maybe I'm just visualising it wrong but isn't the main support the beams with the crisis cross support in this picture still in place and covered by the seating and screens?

No

Glasgow-Rangers-Ibrox-Stadium-and-Pitch-cropped.jpg

It is/was of the short term options the club were looking at to increase capacity
Oh I know that @rangeral . However, I’m assuming the major investment in the pitch this Summer has seen that drop significantly down the pecking order. I suspect we will focus on increasing Hospitality capacity instead, with its greater return for fewer seats/less investment.

Oh I know that @rangeral . However, I’m assuming the major investment in the pitch this Summer has seen that drop significantly down the pecking order. I suspect we will focus on increasing Hospitality capacity instead, with its greater return for fewer seats/less investment.
Quite possibly just like the other option of removing the screens and put some seating in there that simply nothing will be done now with the pitch works that has now happened

Absolutely incredible! If I was anywhere near Glasgow I’d have one myself and when my kids are a bit older I WILL be having one anyway!

God I love our support!

On the phone to the Ticket Office today about an issue with season ticket renewal and whilst on the phone I asked about a potential seat move. The person said that we only have single seats available at the moment due to the phenomenal uptake on ST's, 45,500 sold so far.
Given no one even set foot in Ibrox last season that is phenomenal

The thread title made me moist.

I've been having a good laugh at the cringe adverts from that lot across the city. How its a club built to last etc. Absolute minting stuff.

The only thing I will forever enjoy about the journey from 2012 is that we the people didn't brag, we just backed up our bollocks and followed.

Pride swirling stuff

That’s a couple of brilliant pictures of the rebuild.

Brings back a lot of memories of watching those stands go up.
15,000 at that time was a good gate, and seeing the workers sitting on top of the steelwork watching the game, eating their pieces and then being pissed off with score! Obviously Bears!

Back