46k MyGers members - is this higher than our number of season tickets?

Would MyGers be better received (granted the figures suggest it’s not poorly received) if we knew the money raised was solely invested in improving the match day experience for supporters, including the whole ticketing system?

Would MyGers be better received (granted the figures suggest it’s not poorly received) if we knew the money raised was solely invested in improving the match day experience for supporters, including the whole ticketing system?
It would’ve been better received if:

1) it wasn’t branded a loyalty scheme from the outset
2) there was a clear set of rules sent to paying members that the club stick to each season
3) the club didn’t bend rules whenever the see fit and then try and deny they’ve done so
4) they were open and transparent about tier numbers from the outset and provided detail breakdowns of where tickets were going

That’s just a starting point

Ok, but I’ve accrued over 350 more points than the cut off for gold. What perks do I get over them? I’ve paid 5 figures more to accrue those points
Do you not pretty much guarantee yourself a ticket for domestic semis and finals?

And when we got to the final, it was very much top down? Cost me an arm and a leg because I was ten points short.

Couple of perks there.

Do you not pretty much guarantee yourself a ticket for domestic semis and finals?

And when we got to the final, it was very much top down? Cost me an arm and a leg because I was ten points short.

Couple of perks there.
Cup finals I could be mid silver and still get a ticket.

Seville I could’ve had 500 less points and got a ticket. There’s no benefit for me, at this point, to be buying anything extra for the next 2/3 years

So where’s the perk?

Yes brilliant if you want to jump the public queue and get tickets against Motherwell, Hibs, Dundee Utd etc but when it comes to Aberdeen it’s a struggle and for the Manky mob you have to book a hotel to get a ticket even if you stay in Glasgow, there just copying the top English teams and increasing hospitality and slowly shutting out the ordinary fans who have supported the club through the bad times as well as the good.
I got a ticket to Aberdeen in the general sale last year and a ticket for Celtic in the myGers sale.

You have to join MyGers just to get on the waiting list for a season ticket.

It's not a waiting list though in the real sense of a queue that eventually you can get to the top of if you wait long enough. Nor in the sense that if you give up your ticket then decide to get one again after a season you re-join at the back of the queue.

Where do we stand in terms of membership numbers compared to other big clubs ,anyone know ?

I mind reading years ago that Benfica had something like 200,000 in theirs ,though not sure if it's just being a member or similar to the mygers set up.

Correct and that’s the reason they’ll never catch Gold who will get another 4 tickets on top of that

I was bronze last season and got St.Johnstone away on the Wednesday night , that was it …

£50 to go into a ballot where you get one ticket ?

Total waste of money unless you’re Gold

This is my last year in it …
I’ll be binning it, ive only been in it a couple of years. Had no benefit from it whatsoever and will be forever playing catchup. Just wasting money.

Cup finals I could be mid silver and still get a ticket.

Seville I could’ve had 500 less points and got a ticket. There’s no benefit for me, at this point, to be buying anything extra for the next 2/3 years

So where’s the perk?
If you’ve accrued so many points, you’d still be seeing perks like that if you had a year or two with less investment. Absolutely.

Fair play to you for gaining so many. But what exactly are you after, perkwise?

Is it just to make away games essentially a closed shop for the extremely high points totals?

If you’ve accrued so many points, you’d still be seeing perks like that if you had a year or two with less investment. Absolutely.

Fair play to you for gaining so many. But what exactly are you after, perkwise?

Is it just to make away games essentially a closed shop for the extremely high points totals?
I replied in a previous post to you that I didn’t think away games should be top down for every game so no.

A perk could be Parkhead to guarantee people on 1850+ points at present at least 1 game at Parkhead out of the 2, instead of having same chance as someone 350 points less than me

I'm in favour of membership scheme as it gives me and family, mygers experiences, RTV discounts. Restraunt discounts, Stadium tour discounts etc, I think they could integrate it better ie have a mygers digital area for members like some other clubs do. Also a 10% discount at shop for ST holders or Mygers all time. This happens at Man utd. I don't go to away games but still member. I look forward to seeing how it evolves

Yes brilliant if you want to jump the public queue and get tickets against Motherwell, Hibs, Dundee Utd etc but when it comes to Aberdeen it’s a struggle and for the Manky mob you have to book a hotel to get a ticket even if you stay in Glasgow, there just copying the top English teams and increasing hospitality and slowly shutting out the ordinary fans who have supported the club through the bad times as well as the good.
Simply not true, I got tickets for Aberdeen and that lot last season. Had to be quick but you do opportunities

I replied in a previous post to you that I didn’t think away games should be top down for every game so no.

A perk could be Parkhead to guarantee people on 1850+ points at present at least 1 game at Parkhead out of the 2, instead of having same chance as someone 350 points less than me
Is that it? Just a ticket to parkhead?

What about other ideas?

I generally like the idea of more perks the further up you are. But a race to the top for a ticket for the piggery Doesn’t seem right

It’s very much just asking folk to pay to show loyalty. If i was close enough to the next tier id buy something to push me up. but if you are part of a family etc its far to expensive .

Reading between the lines its mainly just a ticket guarantee to the piggary your after is that right?

Well done to the club for essentially creating a new revenue stream out of nothing. They can fire points out as they please as they cost nothing to create.

I'm on silver and had no chance of a Europa League final ticket but am essentially guaranteed a cup semi and final ticket for every game. People will complain, but it has to be fairer to reward those who pony up rather than just do a random ballot.

It should always be :

Season Ticket + MyGers
Season Ticket Only
MyGers Only.

The commitment of a season ticket has to trump Mygers only.

No it won’t, generates too much money. Won’t stop until tens of thousands refuse to buy it

It will change names or it’ll be marketed in another way, it’ll still be the same scheme but with a different name and set of rules. It won’t be mygers forever it’ll be something else that they can con the rangers fans with.

It’s very much just asking folk to pay to show loyalty. If i was close enough to the next tier id buy something to push me up. but if you are part of a family etc its far to expensive .
I’m in the interesting situation that everything I buy will be against my youngest son.

He’s had mygers for a couple of years, had a few games here and there but only got a season ticket this year as I couldn’t get three together until this year.

My account and the other kids account I have are quite high. But if we get to a final, I’ll only get two tickets.

Is that it? Just a ticket to parkhead?

What about other ideas?

I generally like the idea of more perks the further up you are. But a race to the top for a ticket for the piggery Doesn’t seem right
Other ideas;

Invites to watch training sessions, ballots signed tops, meet players etc. Has to be some sort of perk to encourage people like me, @RFC Euro Bus and @ahalfallover to keep buying

You might not think it seems right but people that go week in, week out would do

Reading between the lines its mainly just a ticket guarantee to the piggary your after is that right?
No, I’ve used that as an example. You could argue Hearts should be treated the same but I think having 2 games exclusive would be a bit much

Other ideas;

Invites to watch training sessions, ballots signed tops, meet players etc. Has to be some sort of perk to encourage people like me, @RFC Euro Bus and @ahalfallover to keep buying

You might not think it seems right but people that go week in, week out would do
No harm in that at all.

For me, I think it works well. When I compare it to the revenue generated, it works very well.

What you are after are a few minor tweaks.

Maybe the top mygers point holder could get the new slo job :D

Other ideas;

I refuse to buy anything other than tickets mate
Settled for Ed House and champions wall 2 seasons ago but that was my last purchase.

See the thing is, we have a smaller stadium than across the city and subsequently not as many season ticket holders.

These sort of schemes help to bridge that gap and let's be honest the membership cost will increase within the next year or two as well.

Or it'll be some weird cost variation such as the standard 40/50 for season ticket home games and cup games etc. But more to include away day applications or some nonsense. I reckon that will be introduced at some stage to help with the away ticket distribution.

Worth the question. Would you pay 100 quid for a membership if it gave you away ticket access?

See the thing is, we have a smaller stadium than across the city and subsequently not as many season ticket holders.

These sort of schemes help to bridge that gap and let's be honest the membership cost will increase within the next year or two as well.

Or it'll be some weird cost variation such as the standard 40/50 for season ticket home games and cup games etc. But more to include away day applications or some nonsense. I reckon that will be introduced at some stage to help with the away ticket distribution.

Worth the question. Would you pay 100 quid for a membership if it gave you away ticket access?
You mean something like £20 to apply for euro aways? Who would have thought it? That will likely come back at some point but will be more than it was previous

So the people who were adamant on here last season that the numbers would nosedive this season were wrong?

Well I for one am totally shocked at that. :rolleyes:
Genuinely shocked it didn’t nose dive but also think the euro run has played a part.

When did it auto renew? June? It wasn’t too long after seville and the Scottish and people weren’t really caring about not getting domestic aways in the end up. It’ll be different if we’re leading in the league and people are continuously getting knock backs

Obviously good news for the club though

So the people who were adamant on here last season that the numbers would nosedive this season were wrong?

Well I for one am totally shocked at that. :rolleyes:

They haven't nosedived because reaching two out of three available cup finals, along with a long European run, shows how essential it has been in getting tickets.

If you weren't a member of MyGers, you could forget about a ticket for Seville or Hampden.

Genuinely shocked it didn’t nose dive but also think the euro run has played a part.

When did it auto renew? June? It wasn’t too long after seville and the Scottish and people weren’t really caring about not getting domestic aways in the end up. It’ll be different if we’re leading in the league and people are continuously getting knock backs

Obviously good news for the club though

I never once thought it would nosedive mate, and no offence, but you are probably the prime example of why.

People will rant and rave about the scheme and everything that is wrong with it, and nobody has done that more than yourself since before its launch even, but you still have it, and always will do.

People are now totally aware of how vital it is to have when it comes to the biggest games of the season (away from Ibrox) so no matter how much they may dislike it, people will (grudgingly perhaps) continue to pay it.

And for the above reason, it will only grow imo, rather than nosedive.

They haven't nosedived because reaching two out of three available cup finals, along with a long European run, shows how essential it has been in getting tickets.

If you weren't a member of MyGers, you could forget about a ticket for Seville or Hampden.

Pretty much my reply I was typing out as you were posting this mate.

The club have played a blinder on this one as far as raking in cash is concerned.

You mean something like £20 to apply for euro aways? Who would have thought it? That will likely come back at some point but will be more than it was previous

Of course mate. It will come back at some stage within the membership scheme to help give away day tickets to those who want to pay more for it. All money at the end of the day to Rangers.

50 quid standard membership for home games

70 to include cup games.

100 to Include above and away games.

130 to include euro away days.

They will do something like this I'd say

Pretty much my reply I was typing out as you were posting this mate.

The club have played a blinder on this one as far as raking in cash is concerned.

After the COVID season, last year was the best thing they could have hoped for.

As well as affirming the importance of MyGers to existing members, fans not on the scheme have realised that the only way to get tickets for cup finals is to join. And if you're going to join a scheme, you want to feel that there's a progression for you through the tiers.

It's why they wanted to reduce the rolling cycle to three years and why they've introduced lots of new purchases for points - the B and women's team season tickets, for instance. These make new members feel like they can quickly accrue points.

The ironic thing about this is that if a lot of people make these purchases, there's no progression. Everyone just moves up together.

I never once thought it would nosedive mate, and no offence, but you are probably the prime example of why.

People will rant and rave about the scheme and everything that is wrong with it, and nobody has done that more than yourself since before its launch even, but you still have it, and always will do.

People are now totally aware of how vital it is to have when it comes to the biggest games of the season (away from Ibrox) so no matter how much they may dislike it, people will (grudgingly perhaps) continue to pay it.

And for the above reason, it will only grow imo, rather than nosedive.
It’ll be the additional purchases that slow up. They can account for at least 35000 renewing but not everyone will maintain the buying habits

Once buying habits reduce, they’ll change the goalposts. Keeping it 5 seasons has meant there’s even less need to buy stuff, I know myself I could afford to have 2 STs taken off my total and I’d still be comfortably gold. I drew the line at the woman’s ST, won’t be buying other things

I'd rather we had just a stand-alone membership scheme where fans could donate to the club, whether it be only £1, £ 100 or anything in between. If you're lucky enough to have a spare few quid, then why not help Rangers. ? I'm not interested in collecting points, discounts, etc.

After the COVID season, last year was the best thing they could have hoped for.

As well as affirming the importance of MyGers to existing members, fans not on the scheme have realised that the only way to get tickets for cup finals is to join. And if you're going to join a scheme, you want to feel that there's a progression for you through the tiers.

It's why they wanted to reduce the rolling cycle to three years and why they've introduced lots of new purchases for points - the B and women's team season tickets, for instance. These make new members feel like they can quickly accrue points.

The ironic thing about this is that if a lot of people make these purchases, there's no progression. Everyone just moves up together.
Which is why I could see a lot of disgruntled people shortly as someone could theoretically spend £3/400 on add ons thinking it’s going to get them up the table, only to find they’re in the same position

the comments on twitter in reply to that tweet are refreshing to see.

unfortunately the vast majority are probably members whilst moaning about the scheme.

I can't bring myself to join the scheme mainly because I can't justify 40 or 50 quid for no gain.
The gain is guaranteed tickets for the big games at Hampden. That is the one thing that works well with MyGers. You are rewarded for your loyalty when it comes to Hampden.

That is the only benefit. Plus a few away games here and there.

I'd rather we had just a stand-alone membership scheme where fans could donate to the club, whether it be only £1, £ 100 or anything in between. If you're lucky enough to have a spare few quid, then why not help Rangers. ? I'm not interested in collecting points, discounts, etc.

Because it wouldn't generate the same level as a set price membership.

Well done to the club for essentially creating a new revenue stream out of nothing. They can fire points out as they please as they cost nothing to create.

I'm on silver and had no chance of a Europa League final ticket but am essentially guaranteed a cup semi and final ticket for every game. People will complain, but it has to be fairer to reward those who pony up rather than just do a random ballot.

It should always be :

Season Ticket + MyGers
Season Ticket Only
MyGers Only.

The commitment of a season ticket has to trump Mygers only.
Living in Canada now use this only to put some money into the club along with RTV agree with what you say for St being the main thing. Don’t really follow all the points stuff as my grandson and I will never have enough for anything life is simple this side of the pond

Simply not true, I got tickets for Aberdeen and that lot last season. Had to be quick but you do opportunities
Opportunities lol, what sit at your computer for 2 days, I got a ticket for Aberdeen as well after trying for 2 days, you must have been one of the lucky 90 who got a ticket against the Manky mob, let me know how you get on this year.

Last edited:
I got a ticket to Aberdeen in the general sale last year and a ticket for Celtic in the myGers sale.
I also got a ticket for Aberdeen with MyGers after trying for 2 days, you were just one of the very lucky ones who got a Ce*ti* ticket, good luck this year eh

Of course mate. It will come back at some stage within the membership scheme to help give away day tickets to those who want to pay more for it. All money at the end of the day to Rangers.

50 quid standard membership for home games

70 to include cup games.

100 to Include above and away games.

130 to include euro away days.

They will do something like this I'd say
I would happily pay the extra if it gave me a better chance at getting those tickets

Back