46k MyGers members - is this higher than our number of season tickets?

Opportunities lol, what sit at your computer for 2 days, I got a ticket for Aberdeen as well after trying for 2 days, you must have been one of the lucky 90 who got a ticket against the Manky mob, let me know how you get on this year.
I'd rather have some chance than no chance (rather have a season ticket to be fair).

50 quid is worth it for me to go pretty much all the home games. It's good to go to different parts of the stadium as well, had some great chats with fellow bears.

I support Mygers and I think points for the 750 fans who were there supporting the women's team at the weekend were deserved.

However I do think Gold should get more perks.

I support Mygers and I think points for the 750 fans who were there supporting the women's team at the weekend were deserved.

However I do think Gold should get more perks.
What does the woman’s team have to do with a a loyalty scheme that was first introduced as the loyalty scheme for the mens first team?

What next points for away games with the wummin?

10 points for a split arse European away game?

Geez peace

I'd rather we had just a stand-alone membership scheme where fans could donate to the club, whether it be only £1, £ 100 or anything in between. If you're lucky enough to have a spare few quid, then why not help Rangers. ? I'm not interested in collecting points, discounts, etc.

Why don't you just buy something off the club such as the B team season ticket if you want to give them money.

Sort of off topic but does anyone know if a season ticket holder for the past 5 years purchases mygers that the previous seasons count for points or do you start from scratch?

Sort of off topic but does anyone know if a season ticket holder for the past 5 years purchases mygers that the previous seasons count for points or do you start from scratch?
The points you have accrued over the qualifying years against your individual Rangers number are ported into your MyGers account when you join up.

Every MyGers thread just makes me glad I'm not a member. As a ST holder who goes to Ibrox only there's absolutely nothing in it for me.

I assume if you're a non-ST holder these days you need MyGers first to have any chance of getting one?

At 46k worth of members and 46k season ticket holders, this isn’t a scheme, it’s a bump in season ticket prices, disguised as something else.

It won’t go, as it’s a revenue stream.

It’s just a very, very poorly managed set up.

It is not a loyalty scheme. When we have high Gold, the most loyal, missing out on Cat A games and even livi away then it’s not anything resembling a loyalty scheme. It’s been a great money maker for the club but it’s certainly not loyalty. The only thing Bisgrove is loyal to is the coin. He is not tied to the values of Rangers FC.

At 46k worth of members and 46k season ticket holders, this isn’t a scheme, it’s a bump in season ticket prices, disguised as something else.

That’s an understatement.

Wonder if they’re regretting ever branding it as a loyalty scheme

Membership scheme would do away with a lot of the issues.

It’s a donation - probably best just viewing it as that.
I’ve donated a ridiculous amount of £ in the hope they very top 0.05% would get me some form of benefit. Not happened though

a lot of the boys abroad etc buy it as they are putting money in directly. Not all mygers members are ST holders.

It is a good earner for the club, how it’s managed though and implemented is absolutely brutal.

A loyalty scheme for the first team, now includes b team matches and woman’s games. If my son wasn’t at the age he is and loves following the team everywhere then I think I’d pull out of mygers.

But till he finishes his education and gets a job then we will be rejoining till he can go it alone

I expected far higher number, it doesn’t suggest that many people buying tickets who aren’t ST holders

a lot of the boys abroad etc buy it as they are putting money in directly. Not all mygers members are ST holders.

It is a good earner for the club, how it’s managed though and implemented is absolutely brutal.

A loyalty scheme for the first team, now includes b team matches and woman’s games. If my son wasn’t at the age he is and loves following the team everywhere then I think I’d pull out of mygers.

But till he finishes his education and gets a job then we will be rejoining till he can go it alone

You can’t buy a season ticket without a MyGers number, correct?

So, a lot isn’t really accurate, unless you mean circa 100/200 people?

We have 46k season ticket holders and 46k MyGers members.

What does the woman’s team have to do with a a loyalty scheme that was first introduced as the loyalty scheme for the mens first team?

What next points for away games with the wummin?

10 points for a split arse European away game?

Geez peace
Its a loyalty scheme for Rangers as a whole, not everything is through the prism of the mens team.

We have fans who follow the womens team loyally and they deserve the points for that.

Not everything is tailored to suit you.

I expected far higher number, it doesn’t suggest that many people buying tickets who aren’t ST holders

By the time you factor in 46.5k season tickets, supporters clubs allocations and away supports, there's probably no more than 1k tickets left for public sale, for league games.

I suppose there will be a decent number of non ST MyGers members that have joined the scheme to get a chance of a Hampden ticket, or to get on the ST waiting list.

I reckon there's probably about 40k ST holders and 6k non ST holders who are MyGers members.
I personally don't know any ST holders that aren't MyGers members, but there clearly are some.

Its a loyalty scheme for Rangers as a whole, not everything is through the prism of the mens team.

We have fans who follow the womens team loyally and they deserve the points for that.

The points from following the womens teams are really only of value for events involving the mens team though.

Should be a mechnism in place where following the womens team offers perks of following that team 100%

The club have went some way to making support of the womens teams seen disingenuous

I may be mistaken, but I think you can renew a ST without being a MyGers member.

You do however need to be a MyGers member to join the waiting list and buy a new ST.

Its true you cannot buy a season ticket without MyGers. However, there is no requirement to maintain your MyGers membership once you have been successful in getting your season ticket. If you are only interested in League games at Ibrox, for example. There will be a good few who will not renew their MyGers after getting their season ticket. Then, as we can see from posts on here, there are a number from overseas who join MyGers simply to let them get the MyGers window for tickets when visiting home, they have no ST. Then there are kids who's parents have them in MyGers as toddlers simply so they can build up points to one day get a ST, they too have no ST.

Clearly the numbers to whom that applies will not be huge but I think it a mistake to tie in the number of ST holders to the MyGers membership numbers. I'd suggest the difference will be in the low thousands rather than the low hundreds you suggest.

Ive a fair few family members across the uk who are mygers members not st holders.
To feel there still contribuing towards the club and can join a friends and family group for tickets etc.Dont get some folk saying its just all st holders are mygers aswell Its not.

It’s not a loyalty scheme though, it’s a Ponzi scheme by every definition

They literally Rob Peter to pay Paul, whilst rinsing every single last penny out of fans. I know a 10yo that had been to a half a dozen away games prior to covid, been to 1 since. Younger fans like him are being Robbed of the opportunity to follow rangers

Ive a fair few family members across the uk who are mygers members not st holders.
To feel there still contribuing towards the club and can join a friends and family group for tickets etc.Dont get some folk saying its just all st holders are mygers aswell Its not.
I know a few in North America who are mygers members but not ST holders. They were encouraged by their narsa club to sign up - £40 donation to the club, given most will meet up and watch the games together

I have no issues with a membership scheme but tickets should’ve been kept out. If they had perks as being; training centre tours, watch first team training, meet the players + manager, signed tops, opportunity to win hospitality at Ibrox, the odd away tickets as prizes etc people would’ve still joined

It’s not a loyalty scheme though, it’s a Ponzi scheme by every definition

They literally Rob Peter to pay Paul, whilst rinsing every single last penny out of fans. I know a 10yo that had been to a half a dozen away games prior to covid, been to 1 since. Younger fans like him are being Robbed of the opportunity to follow rangers
Thats a fair point and maybe worth splitting out juvenile members and doing their gold/silver/bronze separately.

There should be a mygers for the woman’s team then, so they never miss the excitement of a big woman’s game
We almost have 1000 at the game last weekend, probably be double that when we play celtic, don't think they deserve to be patronised TBH.

We almost have 1000 at the game last weekend, probably be double that when we play celtic, don't think they deserve to be patronised TBH.
It’s not patronising but them along with the B team were never in the mygers points tally. Now there’s another cash grab. Get x amount of points for a woman’s season ticket.

If it's designed to reward fans for how much money they put into the club, how come I don't get more points for spending more money on my season ticket than others do?

It’s not patronising but them along with the B team were never in the mygers points tally. Now there’s another cash grab. Get x amount of points for a woman’s season ticket.
We never had B team or Women's team season tickets until this season so of course they were never included initially.

Its not a cash grab, its a reward for people who follow the women's team, deservedly so since they are there every week same as you are with the mens team.

Not everything is tailored for you, take a step back and look at the support as a whole.

We never had B team or Women's team season tickets until this season so of course they were never included initially.

Its not a cash grab, its a reward for people who follow the women's team, deservedly so since they are there every week same as you are with the mens team.

Not everything is tailored for you, take a step back and look at the support as a whole.
Why should they include points?

Why should they include points?
There will be fans who aren’t, as yet, season ticket holders at Ibrox and who may wish to go along (and perhaps take the kids and grandchildren) to see the B Team or the Womens Team. They could be MyGers Members who hope to one day get a season ticket or they may simply want to build up MyGers points in the hope of ‘jumping the queue’ and getting tickets for a game at Ibrox. In that context there is nothing wrong with them getting MyGers points. Why wouldn’t they be rewarded for following the B Team or the Womens Team? I actually think that is more deserving than, for example, a programme subscription. They are match attending fans - or they should be. What ‘toxifies’ it is folk buying said season tickets with no intention of attending any of the matches.

There will be fans who aren’t, as yet, season ticket holders at Ibrox and who may wish to go along (and perhaps take the kids and grandchildren) to see the B Team or the Womens Team. They could be MyGers Members who hope to one day get a season ticket or they may simply want to build up MyGers points in the hope of ‘jumping the queue’ and getting tickets for a game at Ibrox. In that context there is nothing wrong with them getting MyGers points. Why wouldn’t they be rewarded for following the B Team or the Womens Team? I actually think that is more deserving than, for example, a programme subscription. They are match attending fans - or they should be. What ‘toxifies’ it is folk buying said season tickets with no intention of attending any of the matches.
judging by folk who have bought them :D i dont think they are waiting for a season ticket

If it's designed to reward fans for how much money they put into the club, how come I don't get more points for spending more money on my season ticket than others do?

If you've had your ST since the points are being counted from, have signed up to ALL home non ST matches during the period, have applied for every semi and final, plus you've applied for all away tickets too, then you will be a low Gold MyGers member, no matter how much your ST cost.

European away travel, RTV annual subscription and other add ons, will see you way more comfortable in the Gold tier.

So, although I don't agree with the add ons outside of attending 1st team matches, it's still a loyalty scheme of sorts and infinitely fairer than the previous free for all ballot pish.

But it’s a necessary evil if you want to climb up the mygers points table.

Unfortunately for rangers, people at the top have bought them too so they’ve not been solely bought by the target market

There’ll soon be exclusive products for bronze and silver only to try and cut the gap. Mark my words

But it’s a necessary evil if you want to climb up the mygers points table.

Unfortunately for rangers, people at the top have bought them too so they’ve not been solely bought by the target market

There’ll soon be exclusive products for bronze and silver only to try and cut the gap. Mark my words
You know my views on folk buying stuff they can't afford, won't use or don't want mate. We've been over it many times.

You've spent a fortune and have no more chance of your 'golden ticket' to the DhimDome than anyone else in Gold.

You know my views on folk buying stuff they can't afford, won't use or don't want mate. We've been over it many times.

You've spent a fortune and have no more chance of your 'golden ticket' to the DhimDome than anyone else in Gold.
Yes but you’re using me as an example when I’m a complete anomaly in terms of mygers, along with the rest of the top 3%

They hoped people on lower points would buy, 15/20 to cut the gap and make up for not getting euro tickets. Unfortunately for them, people like me have done the euro trip and bought the extra 15/20 points.

It’s nothing new.

Debentures, Ready for the Future, Blue Heaven - all chaff we came away with in the 90s to generate money.

Bisgrove must have found the Murray instruction manual and ran with it

Should they not be rewarded in a scheme for the women’s team then?

The reward of going to see the womens team should he points that relate to the womens team

Priority to their Cup Finals etc and so on.. the “reward” of going to see that side and that side do well, if people are into going to watch the womens teams that’s totally cool - loads of people aren’t.

The club are basically implying people can’t possibly want to see the womens team play without wanting to see the first team play

It’s proper dick patter from the club

Back