4LHaD blog. Mistakes, missed chances and poor officiating, at some point groundhog day has to stop

It absolutely pains me how our manager is one of the best midfielders of his generation yet he couldnt spot a midfielder to save himself, he also loved to shoot yet not one of our midfielders seem to be allowed to shoot or have confidence in shooting.

It was the same with Davie Weir as assistant, amazing defender yet our defence was a comedy club!

Why cant they see it?! Its so infuriating!!

A hint in there that he has had enough of Gerrard maybe? Some good points but in the whole the article is way over the top in my opinion. Obviously I am in the minority on FF.

We’ve won only 3 of our last 10 away games in the league that’s very worrying to say the least.

For me, the biggest misses were Jack shoring up the back, when Tav and Borna are asked to drive forward, and the lack of movement up front. We were a bit one dimensional up front and never really pulled their defensive central pairing out of position for the whole match. We made it a bit too easy for two pretty ordinary central defenders.

Those two issues, in my opinion, were the main contributors to Sunday’s draw.

What worries me more is that Jack, Roofe and Barker? all look to be out for a few weeks. So, this next spell could be nail biting stuff.

Dropping points when you dominate is a major worry , thats four already.
Dropping points in a battle or when you don’t dominate less so but if we continue to both then we‘re in trouble.
Continuation of a worrying trend these few years

Just a few minutes in to the H&H podcast and they’ve summed it up very well. We didn’t play badly, but we saw everything which we’ve come to (sadly) expect from us under Gerrard.
And thats the problem, these results are not entirely unexpected. Yes the referees are an issue and contribute but we had chances to finish them off and we had chances to stop them scoring both goals.

Two things in this and the replies for me that I would Question or try to explain. But struggle to argue with anything other than the two points below;

1 - Criticism for Tavernier and Barisic at the goals is understandable but given it was the same player one on one to we need to give Boyle some credit and just accept he is a very decent player that both our full backs were wary of? Lots laughed on here when other posters said we could do worse than look at him...I was unsure as hadn’t seen enough but I do know we are very very seldom to give opponents credit even when it’s due.

2 - the Gerarrd not fixing the midfield blind spot is not quite that for me. He watched his Liverpool with himself as this bombastic all action centre mid Crashing goals in win a few domestic cups and one european cup but zero league titles. I think he sees Liverpool now and how they dominate and Is trying to emulate that side rather than take anything from his era.

Every team makes mistakes.
Every team has players that miss chances and/or have defensive lapses.

Not every team has a constant, unremitting and clear-as-day bias against them from match officials.

We could sign Messi, de Bruyne and the cream of world soccer.
And they'd still be hacked off the pitch, booked and red-carded for nothing, injured so badly that they're out for months, and cheated by all those "marginal" decisions that never really seem to even themselves out for us.

The Blog above mentions our Club's unwillingness to face this problem.
But it really IS the major factor facing us in Scottish football.

I actually thought that Borna's defensive error(s) in the first goal was far worse than Tav's, and that the absence of anyone in blue marking a line of Hibs players waiting to shoot in was appalling.

However if the match had been reffed fairly, we'd have won.
It wasn't, and we'll never be allowed to win any league title until our Board has the guts to address it.

Back