4th Kit on Sale from 8am tomorrow.

Although the new shirt is a lazy design and utterly pointless it's still a good looking shirt.

We'll barely play in a change shirt this season and would manage without the orange third kit.

Buy it if you like or don't it's not mandatory.

Compared to a few previous black kits there's not a whole lot wrong with it I think. Is it really that poor compared to these 2 for example?

Rangers-Third-Strip-10-11.jpg

s-l300.jpg
Theyre all equally bad, as would any All-Black kit be.

In fact Id wager that in each season this design is by far the lowest seller of the 3 or 4. Why they keep making them is anyone's guess.

Perhaps just a total lack of creative flair and the lazy option taken.

Merchandise or design?
I don’t like all of the designs, last years lilac gear was a monstrosity and I don’t care too much for this year’s “Monaco” top either, but I haven’t had one iota of a problem with the material or trim of any item I’ve bought.
The designs are hit and miss.For a company to take Rangers as their first club to manufacture kit for they should be bursting a gut to impress us.We have a huge fanbase who could make Castore and Rangers a fortune and i feel we've missed a trick.Because of the quality of the designs and the manufacture quality albeit initially it seems,They have improved the manufacturing quality recently.When you have a fan base such as ours they should have tapped into fan feedback about what is popular.As much as i really like the white anniversary kit,Its not outstanding like it could have been.

The kit looks better in the promo shots. Has it been confirmed why it doesn't have any sponsor logs? It would be great if all the replica kits didn't have they as a default.
Totally agree about the sponsor.There should be an option to get it without.I would pay extra for it.

I noticed they have added curtains to the shop

Step in the right direction for the merchandising which we badly need.

Hopefully bedding etc next for the kids
Curtains?

You surely can't claim to be true Ranger unless you have Rangers curtains. I hope they do an orange version. Subtle and classy though.

Daft question perhaps, but do Rangers/Castore ever release the sales figures of the different Kits?

Itd be interesting to see how something like a 4th Kit compares to the others and also how well any new Kit sells when released at a time of less than outstanding optimism.

only time i've ever read something about sales is the red and white one we had the season after the original controversial orange kit. It was referred to as our "best selling" away kit, but after the faux outrage of the previous season, I'm sceptical.

Castore is tinpot and you couldn't pay me to wear it but they're merely a symptom of the broken football kit economy. It's been out of control for a long time and I get the feeling it will soon come to a head.

Nike and adidas have their fancy Move to Zero and Parley marketing campaigns, but at the end of the day, the vast majority of this polyester rubbish still winds its way to landfill in 3-5 years. I know a group of prominent designers at adidas Football who ended up walking out to start up their own project that attempts to flip the current merchandising model on its head. They were sick of the hypocrisy when it came to their environmental message, and — to an admittedly lesser extent — how the set up was ultimately geared towards milking loyal fans.

I'll be interested to see how these releases play out in the future — it's necessary for clubs from a monetary perspective but there's more and more pressure and regulations being applied to companies in terms of end of life materials. Not to mention spiralling costs for actually buying them. I noticed Brentford recently rolled their home kit over to the new season, although the cynic in me would wager that's partly because Umbro were struggling with supply chain issues.
Brentford announced they were rolling over their kit at the start of last season.

I’m at Ibrox for a different reason so jumped into the shop to see it in person. It doesn’t look any better up close. Place also deserted unlike previous kit launches where shop was mobbed

Absolutely beautiful and anything that puts money into the club is a good thing.

The choice remains with the individual which is how it should be.

I doubt there has ever been a single strip everyone would buy so it's not as if we'll lose out on multi millions because it's not an award winner.

Everything from Castore just seems so low effort since they picked up a few more teams. As sad as it is I mocked these up when I was bored (with a better manufacturer) and they are more interesting than anything Castore have produced in the past couple of years and took me about 20 minutes to make.

The designs are hit and miss.For a company to take Rangers as their first club to manufacture kit for they should be bursting a gut to impress us.We have a huge fanbase who could make Castore and Rangers a fortune and i feel we've missed a trick.Because of the quality of the designs and the manufacture quality albeit initially it seems,They have improved the manufacturing quality recently.When you have a fan base such as ours they should have tapped into fan feedback about what is popular.As much as i really like the white anniversary kit,Its not outstanding like it could have been.
That’s the answer here.
Neither you nor are going to decide whether the strip is “nice” or not.
Select a hundred fans to design a top and you’ll get a hundred different offerings, maybe more.
Give the whole fan base an option of four designs to pick from and you’ll get 25% for each strip.
Well, my bet wold be that the top option wouldn’t reach thirty percent.
It’s basically all about how many are sold.
Of course, a polished turd with a Rangers crest would sell.
(That has worked across the city for forty years plus now and they don’t even bother with the polish!)

Everything from Castore just seems so low effort since they picked up a few more teams. As sad as it is I mocked these up when I was bored (with a better manufacturer) and they are more interesting than anything Castore have produced in the past couple of years and took me about 20 minutes to make.

Sorry mate, but the bottom one is minging, the top one is fairly run-of-the-mill. Will give you the orange and black though - that one looks nice.

As with all such designs though, some will have entirely different opinions. Had the atmosphere around everything Rangers not been as toxic as it currently is - on here at least - then many more would have 'liked' the new black kit. Where's all the 'give us sponsorless kits' guys gone?;)

Blue is helluva good.
Black, so so.
White, not for me.
I’d still buy all three though!
Your post is a chance for my previous contribution to the thread to be proven correct, or not.

They have it in the Castore shop at the designer centre , Livingston. Have to say not impressed at all, even although there are no sponsors on it.

The audacity to use the tagline "Break the Lines" for a team of players that spend most of the game passing the ball backwards.

Spent way too much in the last 3 years on Rangers. Away trips, every 55 thing they came up with, etc etc.
I’m done with it for now apart from match tickets. That take us for granted and when you ask for clarification or need help they generally are not that bothered.

Normally if you spend over a certain amount postage is free.
However if its normally £5.50 on day 1 they are taking us for mugs.
I think when you order direct from the Castore Shop you get free delivery on orders over £100 - though that occasionally drops. From the Rangers Shop £5.50 is the standard price, and always has been, unless they are doing a promo. Promos come along regularly. Black Friday/Blue Week isn't too far away. Price will likely be reduced and free postage available on a range of items. As I posted earlier in the thread - a little bit of patience can save a lot of money.

We already have white, albeit with red.
If it’s to be called a kit, it needs to be different from any other kit.
If we weren’t allowed to wear the current white & red offering, we wouldn’t be allowed to wear white on its own.
A fourth kit that wouldn’t be an alternative?
This place, well, some posters, would go nuclear.
It was more an observation rather than anything else and in reference that in white it would have been a good away kit in my opinion.

It was more an observation rather than anything else and in reference that in white it would have been a good away kit in my opinion.
Problem with white as our second strip is that it’d still clash with Kilmarnock.
We need the third strip for Europe anyway.

Just seen the promo in the tele in the house rather than on my phone, and it looks smart as fook imo

Is the shop started changing the rear sponsor on the tops yet?
Yes, there's a patch available. I wouldn't bother though, looks horrendous. Is it really that important to you to have then 'right' sponsor?

EDIT: Not playing down the f*ck up but its happened and we are a quarter of the way through the season now. The patch is awful.

Last edited:
Although the new shirt is a lazy design and utterly pointless it's still a good looking shirt.

We'll barely play in a change shirt this season and would manage without the orange third kit.

Buy it if you like or don't it's not mandatory.
We’ll need it for playing Killie away as the away kit clashes.

My boss is a big Arsenal fan and he went on a tour of the Emirates a few weeks ago. He spent a small fortune on various bits of Adidas Arsenal clothing and to be honest it looks superb. I still have some Umbro stuff and even after all this time it puts Castore’s offerings to shame. I really do hope when the contact is done with Castore we move on.

I think some believe there is a law that you must buy it.
It’s a tax that you have to pay.
You’ll burn in hell if you don’t spend your hard earned on this.
Your children are taken from you and tortured.
Agreed. I don't really get it. I think I've bought maybe one kit in the last ten years.

Why? Cos I don't think they're worth it.

Back