5 away games before we play Celtic

The great thing is our goals are coming from all over the place it’s clear our style of play has changed,getting an early goal is crucial in these games this is the pressure of playing for Rangers.

Scoring an early away goal then killing these teams off is crucial in these games. The longer it stays 0-0, we've ended up losing needless goals and dropping points.

I do expect a hiccup in the next few weeks, but I expect the next two or three games to be three wins as well. I'm absolutely sick of dropping points after pulling ahead.

I think we've only won one game at Rugby Park in the last 4 years. That's a shocker of a record. To be fair I think the scum have only won a couple of times.

Says it all about their horrific pitch and the advantage it gives them.

Scoring an early away goal then killing these teams off is crucial in these games. The longer it stays 0-0, we've ended up losing needless goals and dropping points.
Their whole game plan revolves around them not losing anything even at 1-0 down they still sit in hoping they can sneak a goal,the games can’t come quick enough for myself and seeing how well we are adapting let’s make another statement tomorrow

If we win every game including the home grand against the scum the league would be ours to lose this is the time we need a run

Kilmarnock away sticks out for me.

Win tomorrow and win there, then we'll be looking very good.

Need to consolidate this, and put the pressure right on them during their tough run.

I think we've only won one game at Rugby Park in the last 4 years. That's a shocker of a record. To be fair I think the scum have only won a couple of times.

Just checked and in league games since August 2016 our record is
W1 D2 L4

Weirdly, the last 5 league games have all ended 2-1.

The scum's record over the same period is
W4 D1 L2

One game at a time home or away need to be won,They are all precious 3 points and possible banana skins that need to be avoided.

Lady coupl
Kilmarnock is obviously the big test of our progress - particularly mentally. Think over the past few seasons we've shown we can beat celtic on any given day, but its the mental lapses - or slow starts - against the livi/killies of this world that really kill us. You'll drop points to hearts/hibs/aberdeen away - fine with that to a respect, but its the games we should really be burying teams thats the concern
[/QUOTE

Last couple of times we’ve lost to killie at rugby park , we’ve actually scored first as well :(

Winning the next 2 league games will be massive. Something feels different this year. I believe we will do it.

One game at a time lads. Rugby Park is massive, so is tomorrow. Rugby Park is a major monkey we need to get off our back.

I’m more worried about any one of them games over Celt*c.

Have people naw watched us the last few years? It’s these games that’s killed our title hopes.

I'm worried about nothing.

Brown (their talisman) is ďone.

Would not surprise me if we got 10 points in the OF games.

Have you watched us the last few weeks?

First things first let’s hammer these cunts tomorrow. 5-0 no messing set the tone for next block of fixtures. Play at the same intensity with those combinations & no team in this league will handle us home or away.

All those teams are a danger because they won't even attempt to leave their own third of the park. No attempt to play football whatsoever.

We have previously been very lax against these teams. SG has needed to kick their arses at HT many times as players fail to use the full 90 to go at them.

We need to up the pace from the start. Waiting till the second half is asking for trouble.

I’m more comfortable when Rangers are up against teams that want to play - or at least make an attempt at playing - football.

Some of the shįte we’re coming up against in the near future don’t deserve SKY money.

me too. It’s the shitty 10 men behind the ball teams I fear. If we can start putting these away post new year I’ll start to dream.

We’re flying at the moment, Confidence plays a big part in football... we are a difficult team to beat /score against... we’ve added a few quality players, we’ll be fine..

I'm worried about nothing.

Brown (their talisman) is ďone.

Would not surprise me if we got 10 points in the OF games.

Have you watched us the last few weeks?

There is no harm in being confident mate.

Yes I’ve watched every single game and understand we can win any game if we are at it.

We weren’t good enough at Livingston and atrocious defending at Hibs 2 big games we dropped points.

Have you watched us over the last 3 seasons when we bottled it two in a row in January?

You shouldn’t ever be over confident after that there is still a long way to go.

Screwing up against teams such as Livi were our achilles heel last season, How we handle this game will tell us a lot about the current squad. I'm expecting, hoping for, a comfortable win.

The key to the next run of games is going for the throat early in the game. The games we mess up In we start slowly and it allows the opposition the chance to dig in and get confidence.
I can’t remember what year is was (2010 or 2011) but the last 5 or 6 games games we battered teams early in the first half

The next 4 weeks are massive

25/10 - Rangers v Livingston; Aberdeen v Celtic

1/11 - Kilmarnock v Rangers; Celtic Scottish Cup

8/11 - Rangers v Hamilton; Motherwell v Celtic

22/11 / 21/11 - Rangers v Aberdeen; Hibs v Celtic

We obviously need to keep winning - and 12 points out of 12 could put us in a very strong position.

However Celtic also know the importance of these games. If they come through these four games unscathed it’s going to be a long, tough season.

Kilmarnock,Ross County,Dundee Utd,St Johnstone and St Mirren.

Considering we have visited the harder grounds the above games look more welcoming, now is the time to keep our run going especially when they are having a fixture backlog this is the killing ground for us.

A fixture backlog? Don’t they just have the 1 game in hand?

Quite simply, all we have to do is keep winning. Home, away, it doesn’t matter. Just win!

Quite simply, all we have to do is keep winning. Home, away, it doesn’t matter. Just win!
They play the semi final next week and more likely the final there’s another two games.

These are the type of games where we have lost the league before. Our performances in the first round of fixtures is championship winning form. Our performances in the next round will confirm it I think.

They have Aberdeen home (Covid 19) and St Mirren (2019/20 SCSF weekend)

Get past Aberdeen next weekend in that SC semifinal and Livingston away on December 20th is added to that list and none of those games will be played before January

Of course we need to hope all our games are played as scheduled otherwise we can face the same

Killie’s magic carpet concerns me, we tend to struggle. But the form we’re in we ought not drop anything in these games, and that’s where we need to be.

The away game at Killie will probably be the toughest, what with their shite pitch and thuggish defenders. Also when even the home teams park the bus against us, it does make it more difficult.

But we are, by far, the best equipped team in Scotland to deal with away matches. Play to our strengths and we have nothing to worry about. We dropped 4 away points, mainly due to bad finishing and worse officiating. We can sort one out, but not the other.
By the time we play the scum at Ibrox, I expect us to have a decent, if not healthy, lead at the top.

I think the Killie game will be tough, they defend well, the pitch is a shambles and are a threat to set pieces.

I do think this is where 5 subs will help us massively this season especially when we have a full squad to choose from. Ability to bring the likes of Aribo, Hagi, Roofe, Itten to try and change things will be huge.

Correct Cloodie,I remember going to Rugby park when it was one of the best grass pitches in Britain at that time,then they dug it up and laid that abomination they have now.

Back