5 clubs in for Glen?

All of those clubs would suit his style of play outwith Burnley. I think he could go far higher but it's maybe not the worst idea to go to a middle / smaller club first were he will play every week and then move to one of the top 6 clubs after 12/18 months.

Brighton actually play really good football and if they had a goalscorer they would be far higher up the table.

Wonder if Arsenal would be interested in him, given that he came through their academy so would already be fairly accustomed to their style of play. This might sound like a silly question but what are his strengths apart from keeping possession and possibly breaking up play, which is particularly important in European games? As far as i can see he has very few goals and assists. I'm not criticising him, he is very calm and composed on the ball and every side needs a mix of players. The reason I ask about his strengths is that watching players in the flesh is a lot different to watching on tv as you get to see what they do off the ball. I only get up to 3 or 4 games a season.

Although not wanting him to go hopefully the more clubs involved will mean a bidding war, hopefully he has a good euros then see if any foreign teams come in for him

Depends who bids. I personally was surprised when only Lille showed interest in Alfie.
True but unless its 15-20m especially after a good Euros, I would hope he wouldn't think about moving to 4 out of 5 of those teams.

Forget the 50k this player has improved in crazy money transfer market to well past 10m! All those clubs will be hoping because this 50k keeps getting mentioned that they can offer a lower offer as that offer will trounce 50k!

His stock has risen and must be compared to midfielders all over and what their worth is to give a fair assessment imo!

I love Glen and how well he plays in our system, but crazy money and he is away. I'm sure SG and the team will have replacements in mind especially with top dollar funds.
Might not be. There was a quote going around from someone saying Tav had 6 clubs interested since Christmas and wanted to speak about him, he rejected them all apparently saying he loves it here, goes put for a run and goes past Ibrox just to see it. Hopefully Glan will be the same.

He’ll thrive in the EPL. The more technical game will suit him perfectly.

Should we sell to any of those suggested clubs I’d hope we could negotiate a sizeable sell on clause as part of the deal. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of the real giants of that league coming in for him within a year or two.

Wonder if Arsenal would be interested in him, given that he came through their academy so would already be fairly accustomed to their style of play. This might sound like a silly question but what are his strengths apart from keeping possession and possibly breaking up play, which is particularly important in European games? As far as i can see he has very few goals and assists. I'm not criticising him, he is very calm and composed on the ball and every side needs a mix of players. The reason I ask about his strengths is that watching players in the flesh is a lot different to watching on tv as you get to see what they do off the ball. I only get up to 3 or 4 games a season.

Given that he came through the Arsenal youth academy, he'd be a club-trained player for their European squad so not the wildest suggestion that he could end up there.

I think if he played in a deep role with another player with a huge range of passing next to him, and a few players who can pick up the ball and run with it in front of him, he can play in most teams.

I really fear we could lose Kamara and Alfie. I really hope not.

Any club they go to with out CL football is a step down. League wise anywhere would be better that our backwater.

Or more media speculation?

It's from English Daily Mail.

Bad news is it's likely he will go after Euros but I guess bidding wars always make life easier for selling clubs.
Can't believe there is still people on here who think there is such a thing as "bidding wars" in football

Reactions: MSF
"Brighton, Southampton, Burnley and Leeds United – are all eager to capture Kamara’s services. Championship outfit Watford are also interested if they are able to earn promotion."
Big step down and wouldn’t get to play in Europe with any of these clubs mentioned.

Are we still allowed to call him his Christian name ??:rolleyes:

If i was Glen i wouldn't be leaving Ibrox unless it was a very high placed club in the EPL , but when he does it will be for good money
He realistically has to go to one of those clubs first to show he is capable of playing in the EPL, much like VVD did. Of course, we all know he is and have seen him strutting about the park in Europa games as if it’s a game of fives but that mob down there live in a bubble, where basically nothing exists outside of the EPL.

I'd be surprised re Leeds. Leeds are a hard running, aggressive team, the polar opposite to Kamara who is a calm, laid back player who never seems to rush.
I can understand why they wanted Kent, his style would suit them.

Kamara is the one I want to keep, we do need to sell but rumors about Hagi going to Italy and we would make a good profit on would be more suitable.
Going to be a long transfer window as a lot of our players will be sought after.
Hopefully we get Goldson to extend his contract as he would be a big loss.

I’d be wanting £18- £20m for Kamara. Seriously. He’s a top player who thrives against better opposition. He’s only going to get better over the next few years. He’s too good for the likes of Burnley and Brighton.

Obviously it's been a while since anyone paid any attention to 'tap-up' rules
In fact I'm not sure anyone actually knows what they are anymore

But that said - I find it difficult to believe multiple clubs are making their interest in selected players, known to the world at this stage - months ahead of a transfer window opening

It doesn't sound like good business sense to me - never mind trying to increase the chances of actually landing the targeted player

I reckon it's all a load of fabricared $hite contrived by the Daily Mail & others, with or without clubs or agent's pernission - personally

EDIT - by the way - I've often thought similar when the so-called press have reported our interest in players of other clubs

Last edited:
He will go to a run of the mill EPL for around £15million then transfer for crazy money.

John McGinn went to Villa for £3million, a season later Man Utd were linked at £50million.

It’s not their own money they spend down there, most inflated leagues in the world.

We sold Waghorn for a £1million a season later he moved for £5million rising to possibly £9million.

I think kamara is probably the easiest to replace out of our players. If I had to sell one this summer, it would be him or borna
I think if Kamara has a good Euros and we get good offers then we can get a good deal for him. He is very good at recycling the ball and keeping possession but he doesn't get very many goals or assists. We've got Davis who can do that.

1 goal and 1 assist in 28 league games isn't a lot for a central midfielder tbh.

The technical ability of Glen Kamara is such that I believe he would hold his own in any of the top 5 leagues. Everyone has their own opinions but I firmly believe if we reciece anything less than 10 million we have been robbed, and thats me low balling.

The boy is an absolute baller.

Even the perceived lesser clubs in the EPL have decent transfer budgets and money to tempt players to sign.

From the list of clubs linked or mentioned earlier in the thread, I can't help but feel he should wait for a better club. That includes Europe.
He'd be wasted at a Burnley or a Brighton. A huge talent.
I hope he stays with us another year.

I don’t want to lose any of our players but if we do, as seems likely ... Kamara would be the last one on my list to be honest

I think kamara is probably the easiest to replace out of our players. If I had to sell one this summer, it would be him or borna

I actualy think GK would be quite difficult to replace - even allowing for a sizeable fee - all of which - of course - wouldn't be available to pay for his replacement

We've been incredibly lucky with Glen imo
Not only did we get him for a pittance - but he really hit the ground running - with almost no settling in period & he's been totally reliable from day one & ever since - He's also fitted into our style of play & compliments our other players - who in turn play well with him -

I'm sure there are worthy candidates for his replacement out there - but getting as lucky as that again isn't likely imo

Anyway - just as I posted earlier - I'm not sure I believe any of these stories - seems too much like another press frenzy free for all, dreamed up for slow news days

This week it's GK - next week it'll be BB - AM, RK & no doubt our entire squad at some stage

When does the window officially open ?
Phukk knows what they'll come up with by then ???

The technical ability of Glen Kamara is such that I believe he would hold his own in any of the top 5 leagues. Everyone has their own opinions but I firmly believe if we reciece anything less than 10 million we have been robbed, and thats me low balling.

The boy is an absolute baller.
I think you are way off.
I would set the bar at 15 million and even that it is setting the bar low.

I think you are way off.

If he was wearing a green and grey Jersey the media up here would have him valued at 30 to 40 million.

Put it this way Kamara is one of the top 3 midfielders in the League for me. The lads technical ability is ridiculous for this League.

And yes 10 million probably is on the low side.

I think you are way off.
Rangers did well last Summer to not allow any low ball nonsense for Morelos. I am sure had a strong bid been made the club wouldve worked to facilitate it and not mess about as other clubs tend to do, being greedy then losing out entirely.

For Kamara in terms of his ability I have no doubt he could hold his own in the EPL or equivalent top division and really all clubs in places like England are loaded and can afford huge fees. Hes done so well for Rangers and is a joy to watch so Id rather he didnt leave but of course we must be pragmatic and if a bid comes and he fancies it surely he goes with our best wishes and deepest thanks.

For a fee? Anything under £10 and its Dick Turpin sorting the details. For £10-15 is makes little sense as wed really need to spend almost all of it to get an equivalent player whos no cert to fit in as smoothly as Kamara has. If youre going over £15 then its something to think about as you could replace him, bank a profit and look like a club who handles its player dealing like a Boss.

We must be very careful around our midfield though as Jack looks badly injury prone and cannot be relied upon, Davis is incredible but hes not 21 and wont play 90mins, week in week out, Arfield is a mix of the two being injured a bit and also getting on.

Selling Kamara would be a gamble for any fee given how important he is to the way we play. If he goes it got to be right for us and then some.

Kamara is the main player we shouldn’t be looking to sell this summer IMHO. He has shown his real class in Europe and a good Champions League campaign and his value will really soar.
We have more easily replaced assets such as Hagi or Helander who can still bring in money

Or more media speculation?

It's from English Daily Mail.

Bad news is it's likely he will go after Euros but I guess bidding wars always make life easier for selling clubs.
Sell Kamara keep Alfie!
We are well served in midfield but need the firepower up front!

Kamara, Kent, Goldson, Tavernier, Barisic, Morelos, Aribo ... all will have caught the eye of other teams and there will sure be rumours and bids. The sooner we accept that this will happen and that some will eventually go, the better. I reckon we have a) contingency plans at the ready and b) an asking price from which we will not divert.

BTW, we have Simpson here who was scheduled for the summer, same with Wright. Ofoborh will strengthen the CM places in the summer too.

Back