5 clubs in for Glen?

1JmYqBQ.gif

Exactly mate. Simply not sustainable.

The balance is that we HAVE to cash in on some of our assets now and again in order to maintain a healthier financial position.
As long as the asset wants to leave for the interested club. Cant really force a player away just because we want the money. If interested in playing Euro football etc and winning things, would you choose Burnley over Rangers?

Glen's a lovely footballer and would thrive in the English top flight.

We should ask for serious money if he is to move on.

As some others have pointed out, we have to start working to a model at some point.
its also important for our recruitment that we are able to show other potential young recruits that we can provide them with a pathway to the golden land of megabucks salaries in due course if they sign for us for a few years.

I could see him possibly going to Brighton out of that lot.

Not far from London so back closer to his roots, family etc..
Why would you want to go from the Champions League to fighting relegation every year. Don’t think it will be Brighton or Watford if it is anyone.

"Brighton, Southampton, Burnley and Leeds United – are all eager to capture Kamara’s services. Championship outfit Watford are also interested if they are able to earn promotion."
With the possible exception of Leeds United, I think Kamara can do better than all of those clubs.

EPL sides may be able to offer him more money, but there will probably only be four of them that will be able to offer him CL football, and I’m not sure he’ll be on the radar of any of them.

I could see him possibly going to Brighton out of that lot.

Not far from London so back closer to his roots, family etc..
Why would you want to go from the Champions League to fighting relegation every year. Don’t think it will be Brighton or Watford if it is anyone.

Thing is he is that good a player he would actually start for a lot of massive team's in every major league in Europe. Hope he stays but it will be hard trying to match the wages he will be offered

Would be concerned losing Glen. He’s our best player imo.

A big transfer window this summer for us in terms of midfield acquisitions.
absolutely. assuming zungu doesnt get signed , if we lost Kamara id hope for 3 signings in that position. Maybe 2 first teamers and one for the future to play 20 games next year. Definitely affected us when we werent able to rotate in there

As long as the asset wants to leave for the interested club. Cant really force a player away just because we want the money. If interested in playing Euro football etc and winning things, would you choose Burnley over Rangers?
Oh, I agree but we can't continue to spend money on players and not bring any money in from the sale of players.

We all must know that at least one of our valuable assets will leave in some shape or form in the summer. It's a given. It's a necessity. I'm accepting of that and the model we are working to.

I get that. But playing in the EPL week in week out is a massive draw for any player and is the ambition for most players in the UK.

Not saying he will go to Brighton as there will be plenty other options at home and overseas if he wants it.

I get that. But playing in the EPL week in week out is a massive draw for any player and is the ambition for most players in the UK.

Not saying he will go to Brighton as there will be plenty other options at home and overseas if he wants it.

Also, sad as it seems, a move to the lesser lights of the EPL is more likely to lead to CL clubs than a move from Scotland.

Bissouma of Brighton is being linked with Liverpool. Is he any better than Kamara ? Probably not but can anyone see Liverpool spending £15/20m on a midfielder from Scotland ? Look at their previous. Did they need two years at Southampton to spend £75m on van Dijk rather than taking a chance at £13m like Southampton did ?

Someone like Kamara could view 18/24 months at a Brighton as the next step before a move to a top six EPL team.

I think he’s one of the players that could leave. His game is perfect for the premier league. Don’t want him to leave but with 2 years left on his deal it might be the best time to sell for maximum value

I've had it in my mind for quite a while that Kamara and Borna are likely to leave in the summer.

But that is our business model finally starting to function after years of chat about it.

Our investors do great but we need a sustainable financial model.
Agree with this
We have been fortunate that we have been able to hold onto our players up till now, but will be resigned to losing 2 or 3 in the summer.

Will be changed days tho in terms of the transfer fees we can now command which is great news

Oh, I agree but we can't continue to spend money on players and not bring any money in from the sale of players.

We all must know that at least one of our valuable assets will leave in some shape or form in the summer. It's a given. It's a necessity. I'm accepting of that and the model we are working to.
I agree with the model. All I'm saying is that if a player doesn't want to go to one of the clubs interested then you can't force them.

None of the clubs mentioned would seem enticing, if medals and European football was Kamara's goal.

When it comes down to it - IF he wants to move on - Kamara could have the pick of a number of high quality clubs in the top 5 leagues in Europe. His stock is very high and after the Euro's is likely to be even higher.

Brighton paid £20m for a Bristol City centre back.

That's the starting figure gentlemen.
Exactly. These clubs have the money and if Bristol city can sell players at 20 million, so can we. We need to replace Kamara as well.

Also, sad as it seems, a move to the lesser lights of the EPL is more likely to lead to CL clubs than a move from Scotland.

Bissouma of Brighton is being linked with Liverpool. Is he any better than Kamara ? Probably not but can anyone see Liverpool spending £15/20m on a midfielder from Scotland ? Look at their previous. Did they need two years at Southampton to spend £75m on van Dijk rather than taking a chance at £13m like Southampton did ?

Someone like Kamara could view 18/24 months at a Brighton as the next step before a move to a top six EPL team.
I think thats a downfall of a lot of the top teams in EPL ,rather than take the chance on the player from scotland for less money they wait till they move to smaller club and then pay over the odds a few yrs later ,look at tierney at arsenal they took a chance on him rather than wait till he moved to a smaller club and hes done ok

He is well suited to the European game. He could be a superstar if he moved abroad
Agreed.

Could you imagine him in Spain for example?! Would not look out of place in some of the top teams over there.

His technical ability and vision would be perfect for places like that.

I want him to stay - and he may well do - but being realistic there is a chance he will move on.

He can play at a higher level league than here. I fully expect him to move on after the euros. We paid £45K for him and will sell him for millions, sometimes you just have to accept that.

Leeds and Brighton would suit his style of play.

Southampton might edge it because they've got a good track record with signing players from up North and getting the best out of them. Also Ross Wilson connections obviously.

We'll get good money for him. Might be worth getting a sell on clause too, because I don't think he'll be in the lower/midtable EPL level for long.

Personally, I think he will end up at Benfica.

Just a hunch that they liked what they saw and they are cash rich.

If he goes to the EPL, it will be Southampton, Tottenham or Arsenal. Maybe a part swap deal for that Everton midfielder that was talked about in January. I don't think either he or Rangers will entertain offers from lesser teams in the EPL.

Back