5 games in 14 days. The rotation won't end

Thomsons tackle

I have seen a lot of people saying that now we are out of Europe we should stick with the same 11 each game. But in reality our fixture schedule between now and new year is the Most hectic it has been all season. I think we need to accept that the rotation will continue over the next 5 matches and hope that a few players can start finding some form/luck. It's clear some of our players are dead on their feet. The high press that we saw early in the season is difficult to sustain over a league campaign. Let alone throwing 14 Europeans games into the mix.

2019 should be a different story with us going back to playing once a week more often than not. That will be the time for stability and a settled 11.

About the high press thing.

We can’t really do it as it needs the other team to actually have the ball or at least try and play football when they have it.

This is why it was effective against Rapid at home/ Villarreal/ Hearts etc.

It’s not really much use when we’re playing a team who just sits in and then when they get the ball, play very low risk football.

We need to learn other ways to break down a packed defense when the team is giving us all the ball.

We can’t really do it as it needs the other team to actually have the ball or at least try and play football when they have it.

It’s not really much use when we’re playing a team who just sits in and then when they get the ball, play very low risk football.

We need to learn other ways to break down a packed defense when the team is giving us all the ball.

We almost don’t get chance to high press agaist your Hamilton’s/Dundee’s etc so think that statement is null and void. The high press though like you’ve said IS against better quality opposition and we’ve played a fair bit, especially recently. Europe although brilliant again is a distraction this season. Know I sound contradictory but whilst gaining the experience and playing high level games it does and has impacted massively on our playing squad.

Agreed. But my point about the high press was more in relation to the 29th. The only way we will be able to play like that against them is if the first choice line up is all rested on the 26th. They won't have the legs to do it it otherwise.

I fully expect us to go with a similar play to the one we saw at the piggery. Much to the dismay of the Ibrox regulars. But it's the pragmatic approach. We don't have the players to go toe to toe with them unless they are all fresh and available.

Agreed. But my point about the high press was more in relation to the 29th. The only way we will be able to play like that against them is if the first choice line up is all rested on the 26th. They won't have the legs to do it it otherwise.

I fully expect us to go with a similar play to the one we saw at the piggery. Much to the dismay of the Ibrox regulars. But it's the pragmatic approach. We don't have the players to go toe to toe with them unless they are all fresh and available.

I get what your saying but the mhanks will have had just as many games as us so will surely be just as fatigued no?

IMO we can’t make the same mistake we did last time and sit in against them, letting them come at us wave after wave.

We need to go toe to toe.

We’re making real progress I think but that has been our big weakness all season.

Teams all over Britain will be faced with a hectic schedule these next few weeks, and they'll all rotate the squads.

Back