Name 10 Rangers players with the initials:

RW x 3
SW x 3
JW x 2
DW x 2

1 point if you get 7

*** FUN ROUND ***

No points for this but I would appreciate some answers for a laugh

In this round you make up a tabloid headline for a fictional news story, see what you come up with

Todays Fictional Story:
A Rangers player (you decide who, previous or existing) gets attacked by an animal

My attempt:
"Kitten Bitten Itten"

Let's see your scores and comments

COME ON RANGERS

Last edited:
What a nightmare, can only hope I enjoy the game tonight more!

Q1 3pts for once. Saw both straight away.
Q2 1pt I think. To be honest, can't think what goal it is, but using the clue I think I know who it is with those initials as can only think of one player it could be. A zero is more honest.
Q3 0pts. I know who it is and got them all straight away except the team under the purple. Knew where they were from but no idea the right name. Clue helped a bit but still think my attempt wasn't right.
Q4 1pt. I know exactly when this must have been given who it says is the manager, and it dawned the list was alphabetical. But needed the clue of nationality before a couple names became obvious. Really hard format.
Q5 3pts eventually.

A real struggle to get 8 points, although probably it's 7.

Is it cheating to use Robert for Bobby? RW Robert Watson, Robert Williamson and Ray Wilkins. SW Scott Wright, Scott Wilson, Stephen Wright. JW Johnny Walker (early 1900s I'm afraid), Josh Windass. DW David Weir, Davie Wilson

Brain too fried for the funny headline!

What a nightmare, can only hope I enjoy the game tonight more!

Q1 3pts for once. Saw both straight away.
Q2 1pt I think. To be honest, can't think what goal it is, but using the clue I think I know who it is with those initials as can only think of one player it could be. A zero is more honest.
Q3 0pts. I know who it is and got them all straight away except the team under the purple. Knew where they were from but no idea the right name. Clue helped a bit but still think my attempt wasn't right.
Q4 1pt. I know exactly when this must have been given who it says is the manager, and it dawned the list was alphabetical. But needed the clue of nationality before a couple names became obvious. Really hard format.
Q5 3pts eventually.

A real struggle to get 8 points, although probably it's 7.

Is it cheating to use Robert for Bobby? RW Robert Watson, Robert Williamson and Ray Wilkins. SW Scott Wright, Scott Wilson, Stephen Wright. JW Johnny Walker (early 1900s I'm afraid), Josh Windass. DW David Weir, Davie Wilson

Brain too fried for the funny headline!
A few things:

* Does the answer for Q2 play when you click on the link?

* You can get 3 points for Q3, I don't expect anyone will get the purple one

* Does it not say the year at the top of Question 4? Maybe it's too blurry to read. I hadn't realised they were in alphabetical order though

A few things:

* Does the answer for Q2 play when you click on the link?

* You can get 3 points for Q3, I don't expect anyone will get the purple one

* Does it not say the year at the top of Question 4? Maybe it's too blurry to read. I hadn't realised they were in alphabetical order though
Q2 maybe just me, but the answer is just a white box with Get the App written it.
Q3 Thanks!
Q4 I never noticed that! Although he was only the manager that season for the last few weeks, and he then got rid of a few of the players listed before the following season so I figured it out in my own daft way rather than looking at the whole thing. Still found it really hard with only their birthday showing.

Q2 maybe just me, but the answer is just a white box with Get the App written it.
Q3 Thanks!
Q4 I never noticed that! Although he was only the manager that season for the last few weeks, and he then got rid of a few of the players listed before the following season so I figured it out in my own daft way rather than looking at the whole thing. Still found it really hard with only their birthday showing.
Click on the white box with the "get app" written on it

I will tweak Q4 for next time

Click on the white box with the "get app" written on it

I will tweak Q4 for next time
FFS Q2 is so obvious now!

And change my score to zero, I thought it was someone else o_O

I should wait to wake up before doing these.

1 - Clue needed for purple and pink
1 - Needed clue for striker and seeing clue changed answer for 2nd midfielder. Didn't realise they were in alphabetical order either.
1 - Gave up on 7, missing two from JW and one from SW.

RW x 3 - Ronald Wattereus, Ray Wilkins, Rod Wallace
SW x 3 - Steven Whittaker, Scott Wilson,
JW x 2 -
DW x 2 - Davie Wilson, Danny Wilson

Poor show today :( - 5/15 and a fail.

Only 1 player in Q1 so nil points.

Got Q2 ok.

Q3 - Knew who it was straight away but 2011 and 2012 beat me even with the clue.

Needed the clue for Q4 - so 1 point.

1 short ((JW) for Q5 so, again, 1 point.

Ray Wilkins
Rod Wallace
Robert (Bobby) Williamson - went for the Robert/Bobby option as I couldn't spell Waterrheus
Steven Whittaker
Scott Wright
Stephen Wright
Josh Windass
JW?
Davie Wilson
Davie Weir

And the headline -

Tiger no match for Rangers Jock Shaw

12/15. A blank on Q4 where my excuse is that it was just a bi too blurry for me.
Ray Wilkins, Ronald Watterheus, Robert (Bobby) Watson, Steven Wright, Scott Wright, Scott Wilson, Josh Windass, Joe Worrall, Davie Wilson , Davie Weir. Another JW option is Nicky Walker as his real first name is Joseph.

Seagulls swoop for Dodoo. Could also be a transfer headline!

0 (No idea for purple one)

Have had a brain fart and forgotten how to post my players for number 5.

Can someone help with my amnesia?

My pathetic headline effort.

BORN(A) FREE......

Barisic tames wild lion. :rolleyes:

Cheers Mr B.

Edit with players, thanks to @1288Bear.
Watereus
Wilkins
Robert (Bobby) Williamson

Whittaker
Stephen Watson
Scott Wilson

Windass
Joe Worral

Davy Wilson
Danny Wilson

Last edited by a moderator:
3,3,1,0,3 - Couldn’t remember the 2nd defender’s name for the life of me.

Players
RW x 3 - Ray Wilkins, Rod Wallace, Robert Williamson (I know!)
SW x 3 - Scott Wilson, Scott Wright, Steven Wright
JW x 2 - Joe Worrall, Josh Windass
DW x 2 - Danny Wilson, David Weir

Headline - Pigeon English!

Back