5 years ago today we lined up against Clyde like this

This thread inspired me to look at our line up when we got beat 5-1 at home vs them....

In one way it’s depressing.... in another way it’s amazing how far we have come in just 2 or so years

McCulloch, Wallace and Boyd have all won league championships with Rangers. Macleod Clark and Aird were all youngsters that looked potentially promising some more than others.The rest should never have played for Rangers, dark days.

I cannot remember anything about Zaliukus as a player. I know he signed, i know i thought he'd be decent at that level, but i have no recollection of what he was like on the park. Amazing difference. Our team from Sunday would destroy that line up.

All the more reason to thank the Board, management/training team and loyal Rangers’ supporters for the progress we’ve seen over the last 5 years. We’ve really got something to look forward to now.

Nowhere near the worst. Don't want to open up a debate about someone who is still a hero of mine, but with a proper manager that squad would have sailed to the top flight with plenty to spare...

Maybe - remember that Hearts also had a strong team in the championship they year we ended up in the play offs. They had come down from the premiership while we had come up from league 1.

Sounds fxxking surreal saying that but that's how it was.

I'll say one thing - going through those dark days and travelling away to fxxking arbroath or stranraer on a wet midweek night has made ma appreciate all the more being back in Europe and the prospect of putting in a strong challenge for the league.

Let's Go - Stevie G.

The worst bit is there were plenty in here saying things like “that team is good enough for second in the spl” etc.

Dave King appointing Gerrard was his best move ever. A manager who demands we act on and off the pitch like rangers should.
They won this game 8-1. So pipe doon

tenor.gif

The club was recovering from a very dark period in its history.

That team, in today's terms was very weak, but it was the best we could afford at that time. We owe those players our respect, they did their best for us, and most were proud to wear the jersey.

The club was recovering from a very dark period in its history.

That team, in today's terms was very weak, but it was the best we could afford at that time. We owe those players our respect, they did their best for us, and most were proud to wear the jersey.
I don’t you could look at the likes of Black and Boyd to name but two and suggest they did their best for us.

Too many players thought we’d be ripping teams 8-1 week in, week out and were MIA when the going got tough

McCulloch, Wallace and Boyd have all won league championships with Rangers. Macleod Clark and Aird were all youngsters that looked potentially promising some more than others.The rest should never have played for Rangers, dark days.
Wallace hasn’t

Back