50 goals for Tav

Great achievement but by all accounts I am more happy to see him back on the penalties and scoring.

Where's the haters:rolleyes: great stuff and great achievement

I'm not a 'hater' of any of our players or team but think that his successful spell has unfortunately coincided with our team being woeful for the vast majority of it. Whether that's anything that he can have any significant bearing on isn't really his fault and I fully accept that. Poorer players have achieved much more in better teams. In fact on here, I'm actually one of the more 'positive' ones despite this post. 50 goals is a tremendous achievement for a right back but between him and Broadfoot, which one is going to reflect on their time at the club with more fond memories of winning things? Tavernier is an immeasurably better footballer than him but he played in a European final and won 4 medals at the club that aren't lower league ones. I'm really hopeful that we can see domestic success in this season or the next and Tavernier can play his part in it. Until that happens I'm grateful for all he has done for us but I don't think it's fair to say he's completely silenced his critics.

I'm not a 'hater' of any of our players or team but think that his successful spell has unfortunately coincided with our team being woeful for the vast majority of it. Whether that's anything that he can have any significant bearing on isn't really his fault and I fully accept that. Poorer players have achieved much more in better teams. In fact on here, I'm actually one of the more 'positive' ones despite this post. 50 goals is a tremendous achievement for a right back but between him and Broadfoot, which one is going to reflect on their time at the club with more fond memories of winning things? Tavernier is an immeasurably better footballer than him but he played in a European final and won 4 medals at the club that aren't lower league ones. I'm really hopeful that we can see domestic success in this season or the next and Tavernier can play his part in it. Until that happens I'm grateful for all he has done for us but I don't think it's fair to say he's completely silenced his critics.

A detailed reply Im not saying the guys gold just cant get the polarised opinion of him ,he pulls his weight for his position, supplies and scores, for the money are we getting £ for £ better I don't think so(Is barisic?)

I remember broadfoot as an honest pro who couldn't pull of a throw in without it being a shy or scrambling an egg without being burnt.

Hopefully we can both raise a glass to him getting success!

I will admit that I was shitting it when he stepped up but hats off to him for having the balls to do it. He was obviously delighted to score but a lot of that looked to be sheer relief

I will admit that I was shitting it when he stepped up but hats off to him for having the balls to do it. He was obviously delighted to score but a lot of that looked to be sheer relief
There would have been alot of pressure on whoever stepped up mate, delighted to see the captain step up and put it away

There can’t be many players that have played 250 games and scored 50 goals for us.

For that he should lauded. Yet there is a loud element within the support that feel the opposite.

Even amongst my own RSC no one polarises opinion as much as Tav.

Genuinely sickens me.

250 and 50 not out, Captain

The only thing he is missing is a trophy. Last year's league cup was robbery, hope to %^*& he gets to lift it this year. Get that in the bag, he'll have a taste and this team will surge imo. Until that day though, despite the great records, stats and numbers, he will never be a Rangers Great. He is so fucking close though, it hurts.

Reactions: TQ3
Could he become a centurian like Greig?

I suppose he would need to put away a lot of penalties, so not likely in Scotland.

I'm a Tavernier fan, but we're a fickle/demanding bunch and it won't matter much in history without silverware.

Hopefully we aren't far away.

Tremendous achievement for a fullback, but Tav is some so much more than that, tremendous footballer, finisher and great assists,everything you need for a modern FB/WB.So glad he’s in our team and Captain.

That goals & assists tally is insane.
He undoubtedly had a dip in form last season- maybe the loss of the cup final hit him hard?
So much of our attacking impetus comes from Tav & Borna - one of the prices we pay for that will be the odd occasion of being caught out defensively but he is so far “in credit” with those stats it’s not true.
He’s started this season superbly and his confidence showed in that 1 step pen!

When he climbs those steps towards the league silver, we are all James Tavernier.

The Journey. The Captain.

I’d actually love it if Lee Wallace and Lee McCulloch were some sort of ceremonial guests of honour of the club at 55.

On a less sentimental note :D, he is a tremendous athlete, vastly underrated technique wise and clearly has the respect of Steven Gerrard.

That’ll do for me.

That is some return from a right back, basically he either scores or assists 1 in every 2 games.
The Blue Cafu right enough!
His mistakes are highlighted more than most, despite him rarely being the last line of defence. I think if he had played with better centre halves than Kiernan and Martin etc, he would be regarded as a legend already, but we are a hyper critical support, and the mistakes often loom at the forefront of the mind for most.

Back