50% wages deferred for 3 months

Well tonight it reminded me of being dragged into one of those comedy nights in Tenerife were the comedians were shite

From today’s 4Lads blog,

“The truth is the players have led this idea and as a result the whole club are united together. Senior players have went to the board and this has basically ensured the safety of all staff and the entirety of their wages. It’s not quite as easy to just cut their wages without it affecting the rights of their own contracts with further consequences for the club down the line, likes of transfer values for example, so done this way is the best way going forward.”

Some posters on here hang your heads in shame - worse comments than I’d expect from mentally challengeds.

How would fans feel if we signed 6 “new players” this season?

Wes Foderingham, Andy Halliday and Jon Flanagan, Sheyi Ojo, Florian Kamberi and Ianis Hagi

Given the current situation throughout the world...... this is likely what we’ll be looking at.

Deffered wages is a fantastic gesture to help the every day staff like admins, groundsmen, ticket office etc. However it does very little for the benefit of the club. The club still have extremely minimal income (no matchday revenue) but will have the same outgoings on average.

We won’t see the true impact of all this (from a footballing perspective) until things get back to normal and we see the first couple of transfer windows come and go.

Had the season continued naturally Rangers would still be running at a loss and now with a global world wide emergency that loss would have been far bigger had we just done nothing.

Every club in Scotland will do the exact same thing it’s only a matter of time.

The yahoos will have wage cuts in force very soon they can’t continue to lose £5,000,000 a month indefinitely.

IMHO we did everything correct had we done what the filth did and furloughed staff while the CEO was still getting paid £3.5m a year in basic pay plus £2.5m in bonus money then Rangers should rightly be criticised.

The truth is we don’t have a big vault of cash on standby we did what was right to keep the squad at a decent level. Had we cut wages that would have potentially came at a cost of having to give players cuts of transfer fees in the future etc.
My issue is more with how it has been painted up. A few days ago wenwere throwing stines at glass houses. I'd have loved to see our players and staff on greater than 100k/year take a cut in wages for as long as theres no football to subsidise the rest of the staff as best they could. Thats being in it together.
I get the economics but just be honest and dont critcises other clubs whether it be EPL or others.

Back