50 year old Danny Lennon bring himself on for Clyde v Tims Colts

Lennon actually came across ok when we were going through our dark period, when every bastard and their granny was lining up to put the boot in, he publicly said the club and the support had suffered enough.

Clyde under 21's have been struggling for numbers due to injuries, holidays and suspensions. A new group has just been signed in the last week and last weekend was their first league game.

They needed bodies and he played.

He's doing a lot of youth coaching through Planet Soccer right now. Great coach to the young kids coming through.
Always in the gym too, so not surprised he is still playing from time to time.

My son has had him for coaching a few times and as you say he is a great coach to the youngsters. I’m 10 years younger and can get knackered watching him.

My mates brother in law.

Seems to be ok as Tim's go from what I hear, but still a Tim.

He was once thrown out of the Blaeberryhill Inn in Whitburn along with his mates who were singing rebel songs at the end of a televised Rangers/ celtc game.

I was at the Airdrie v Clyde game last weekend and couldn’t believe it was Lennon in the Clyde dugout. He looks completely different to the guy we all remember managing St Mirren not that long ago.

With that hair (and he also had specs on) he looks more like a lecherous old university professor these days :D

Lennon actually came across ok when we were going through our dark period, when every bastard and their granny was lining up to put the boot in, he publicly said the club and the support had suffered enough.

I recall him saying on a TV interview at the time when they were all having a kick at us at our lowest point that St.Mirren and other clubs could be the beneficiaries of Rangers downfall with our fans dispersing and going to watch other teams which for me was basically stating Rangers were dead so fans would maybe look to switch allegiances!

There was obviously a lot of deliberate trolling went on but regarding bears going to watch other teams I think SOME of our enemies stupidly believed we were really done for and genuinely thought that with NO Rangers to support a possible alternative as we’ve seen consistently with the pushing of the narrative stating we are a completely new entity could somehow convince Bears to stop supporting our club and even push some of us to follow other clubs....SOME of these nutters actually believed this! MADNESS!!!

Back