50 year old Danny Lennon bring himself on for Clyde v Tims Colts

He used to work beside my mate in Safeway in the early 80's . Was always telling me what a great guy he was. I think he was at Morton or St Mirren at the time,

They only named 4 subs and one was a trialist keeper so were probably struggling for numbers

He used to work beside my mate in Safeway in the early 80's . Was always telling me what a great guy he was. I think he was at Morton or St Mirren at the time,
A mate of mine used to do some coaching at st mirren when he was there and I met him briefly and he did seem alright. However as a 40 year old who plays fives against 20 year olds, bringing yourself on against good players 30 years younger than you is asking for it he wasnt exactly eusebio in his youth

That just sums Scottish football up at the moment. They have an u21 and a u17 team where he could have took a player from

Tims will appeal the loss no doubt and say that Lennon was ineligible.

Not even sure if I’m being sarcastic with this tbh.

He's doing a lot of youth coaching through Planet Soccer right now. Great coach to the young kids coming through.
Always in the gym too, so not surprised he is still playing from time to time.

He's doing a lot of youth coaching through Planet Soccer right now. Great coach to the young kids coming through.
Always in the gym too, so not surprised he is still playing from time to time.
Should he be playing though? Is it a case of taking a shirt for the sake of taking a shirt? Serious question because Celtic and ourselves have both conceded very young teens to Bayern and Chelsea and I'll bet your bottom dollarthey don't ever ever and nor should they wver have to come up against a decrepit Danny Lennon

:DI had a strange bit of chat with him in an alterations shop of all places.
He said hello and then proceeded to speak to me as if I had known him for years. It was very odd but he came across as a lovely guy, his wife also seemed a lovely person.
He must be doing something right because he had just bought a shit load of gear from Cruise. Everything needed altered because he’s such a short arse :p

Totally forgot about that. They only lost 2-1, against a side containing Klinsmann, Papin, Kahn, Babbel, Hamann, Nerlinger, Strunz and Helmer.
Wouldnt fancy them nowadays....... if you ever watch those old "that was the team that was" documentarys on youtube theirs is worth a watch - Jimmy Nichol is pretty old school - plus theyre one up against bayern with Jackie O's - Kirkcaldys second best nightclub of the nineties - on the front of their jerseys

Wouldnt fancy them nowadays....... if you ever watch those old "that was the team that was" documentarys on youtube theirs is worth a watch - Jimmy Nichol is pretty old school - plus theyre one up against bayern with Jackie O's - Kirkcaldys second best nightclub of the nineties - on the front of their jerseys
I have been in Jackie O’s many times. Far too many.

I have been in Jackie O’s many times. Far too many.
Once is too many. However Caesars had that weird ultraviolet lighting which for some reason highlighted freckles. So back when i still had my hair in there I looked like a thundercat. Never pulled there for some reason. My own fault for going to a club named after Billy McNeil

Should he be playing though? Is it a case of taking a shirt for the sake of taking a shirt? Serious question because Celtic and ourselves have both conceded very young teens to Bayern and Chelsea and I'll bet your bottom dollarthey don't ever ever and nor should they wver have to come up against a decrepit Danny Lennon
Good point - kind of takes you into the colt teams in lower leagues argument etc.

:DI had a strange bit of chat with him in an alterations shop of all places.
He said hello and then proceeded to speak to me as if I had known him for years. It was very odd but he came across as a lovely guy, his wife also seemed a lovely person.
He must be doing something right because he had just bought a shit load of gear from Cruise. Everything needed altered because he’s such a short arse :p

From those pics of him, it looks like he takes a shit load of gear.

Always get the impression he is someone who should have a fag tucked in behind his ear.

Back