50th Anniversary of Ibrox Disaster & the Likelihood of no Supporters in Ibrox

Mview83

Official Ticketer
An absolute travesty this. I know the club have big plans to mark the 2nd of Jan anniversary but now it’s looking likely we’ll have no fans in the ground for this.

What would you like to see them do on this day?

Not ideal, but maybe the ceremony can be screened live on the RangersTV and the Rangers YouTube channels?

Could fans groups etc organise a socially distanced walk/march to the ground? Perhaps unrealistic in the current environment?

It’s gutting that fans might not be there, but it does provide an opportunity to do something else that will mark the 50th anniversary out differently from other years. Some kind of tasteful tribute over all the stands maybe? I don’t really know what the answer should be but I’m sure something could be done to honour those that lost their lives and loved ones that day.

The Loving Cup ceremony will be scrapped for sure. No danger will they let several people swig from the same cup.

As someone who has attended the memorials over the past its like everything else in life at the moment because of this virus it’s not ideal but there’s nothing we can do.

My uncle had to bury his brother at 34 years old only a couple of months back and only 20 people could be inside the crematorium were as there would’ve been hundreds of people there if not.

The club won’t forget about it they’ll have the early morning service as usual and to be honest nobody will be stopped attending if they even wanted to.

Hopefully someone is thinking ahead as I’m sure many will want to be at the stadium to pay their respects.

The club have many ideas on how to mark this, sure they have covered this eventuality, is like supporters involved in the decision though. As I said in OP it’s a travesty no fans will be in the stadium for this.

Some great ideas from posters,hopefully the Club can organise something.Maybe we can all show our respects together once the crowds are allowed back in.

Back