50th game for Connor Goldson today

buffalosoldier

He's got his detractors for sure, a lot of (mostly unfair) criticism levelled his way, but 50 games for us already given his prior health issues is a great achievement. At only 26 he will still be learning, growing and improving as a CB. Reckon we'll get a couple hundred more appearances before the big man heads back down south.

I like him, BUT, he should’ve been rested a long time ago.

I thought the winter break would’ve sorted him but he’s still struggling a little.

He’s played more games for us this season than for anybody in his career and he is good so I’m happy with him generally. I just think he needs that extra time off.

Don’t rate him myself but that’s good going considering he’s hardly kicked a ball in recent years.

He's a good player don't get me wrong but there's times where he's just not marking players. He played well today and so did Katic. Katic and Goldson has to be the CB pairing in my eyes.

I like him, BUT, he should’ve been rested a long time ago.

I thought the winter break would’ve sorted him but he’s still struggling a little.

He’s played more games for us this season than for anybody in his career and he is good so I’m happy with him generally. I just think he needs that extra time off.

Came on to say exactly this .

Looks badly jaded now but is trooping on .

Surely deserves a rest now that we have all but clinched second . Tavernier as well .

He's got his detractors for sure, a lot of (mostly unfair) criticism levelled his way, but 50 games for us already given his prior health issues is a great achievement. At only 26 he will still be learning, growing and improving as a CB. Reckon we'll get a couple hundred more appearances before the big man heads back down south.
He has the occasional moment when you think aaaaghhh, but overall he has had a great season and considering what he has had to contend with in his health issues, he has came through a gruelling season with huge credit.
I like to think his early season form is the real Connor and the other part is a man showing his steel to play so many games against the odds and still deliver a decent average performance.

Next season I have a feeling we will all be in wonderment at how we stole him from Brighton.

Came on to say exactly this .

Looks badly jaded now but is trooping on .

Surely deserves a rest now that we have all but clinched second . Tavernier as well .
Kilmarnock on the final day is the only game we can think about resting anyone. Hibs and Aberdeen are due utter batterings from us, and I don't even need to mention our other game

Has to be him and Katic from now on.

HAS to be next season and should have been since the start of this season, Katić done nothing wrong so I feel for him. One bad game I can remember Killie away at the start of the season.

He’s a great centre half and it makes me proud to have a player of his calibre. We’ve gone from Kiernan, Cribari and all other elements of shite to him.

He’s a fine centre half and had a very good season for us. Our defence hasn’t been the problem this season.

This season will have been a huge learning experience for him.

He hasn’t played that many games before which is a big deal with his history.

Also he won’t have played against opponents so fired up to beat him week after week.

Lastly he’ll never have experienced anything like the pressure that comes with the RFC badge. 10 great games don’t buy you a reprieve for a single badly timed mistake - nothing except playing for a huge club prepares players for that.

Goldson is a good example why we shouldn’t keep dynamiting the squad year after year. That first year is a huge learning experience. In the past new players were shepherded through it by guys who owned the t-shirt. Without those experienced pros we need to give new players a year to get acclimatised. Lots of players who went on to be legends experienced a difficult first year in Ibrox.

He has played a lot this season ,next season we have to rotate him ,there are plenty of games he can be rested. No player should be playing that amount of games in a season . The guy must be tired .

Connor has done very well for us over the season. He's not been perfect but not many are.

Back