55 barrel

Intrepid

After Easter Rd I felt confident enough to make a 55 commemorative barrel.
I'm gonna put some whisky in it for trophy day when I'll drink to our return to the top. Tears will be aplenty and cultural songs will be sung.
I had the idea of making it a limited edition of 55. Don't know if there would be that level of demand.
Anyway, I'm happy to make one for anyone who wants one for their blue room, man cave or their Da.
The price including delivery will be £135. This is a bit cheaper than my website price.
Remember these are hand made so you may need to be patient if I get a few orders. We'll see how it goes.

Very nice.
Question. How do you stop the drink picking up and tasting like wood?

Does adding the sherry do this?

Very nice.
Question. How do you stop the drink picking up and tasting like wood?

Does adding the sherry do this?
Yes. The sherry is used to season the cask. All the barrels are made from ex whisky casks. I haven't yet made one with virgin oak. But your comment is valid. If spirit is put into virgin oak casks there is a wood note to the spirit. That doesn't happen with ex whisky cask oak.
Hope this helps.

I'm gonna put some whisky in it for trophy day when I'll drink to our return to the top. Tears will be aplenty and cultural songs will be sung.
I had the idea of making it a limited edition of 55. Don't know if there would be that level of demand.
Anyway, I'm happy to make one for anyone who wants one for their blue room, man cave or their Da.
The price including delivery will be £135. This is a bit cheaper than my website price.
Remember these are hand made so you may need to be patient if I get a few orders. We'll see how it goes.

Should no be £55.00p LOL

That looks amazing, how did you get everything so accurate? Did you make up a jig for the emblem and the text?

62943815-7-CFB-45-BC-9-F1-B-5-E74930-E10-F3.jpg

Yes. The sherry is used to season the cask. All the barrels are made from ex whisky casks. I haven't yet made one with virgin oak. But your comment is valid. If spirit is put into virgin oak casks there is a wood note to the spirit. That doesn't happen with ex whisky cask oak.
Hope this helps.
I'd be interested in ordering one.
Can the Tap side be personalised My old man is 70 in April and this would be a nice gift?

How do I order one

I've ordered one tonight, these are absolute quality, I'm really looking forward to receiving mine,a huge and massive thanks to David for his very quick response and advice

Tremendous mate.

I'd love to buy one.

Can you put vodka in these? When will next batch go on sale?

Yes you can. After a few weeks it will no longer look like vodka. The spirit will take colour and taste from the oak.
You can put any spirit in an oak barrel.
Hope this helps.

Sent you a PM mate.

Back