55 edition whisky & gin

Is it a nice dram?
If a hint of water makes it sing, will it be Marching through Georgia?

Nice bottle, received mine today. Slightly disappointed it didn’t come in a display box as I don’t drink it that much. The odd dram here and there and for £50 expected a bit more

Just received my whisky today. Would love to know what it tastes like so going to try and order another bottle to drink.

Collected mine today. Like a few have said, a box would have been nice but it's still mint looking

just arrived, lovely looking bottle but a little bit disappointed it didn’t come in a tube like the Red White and Blue limiteds from Douglas Laing

My Champions gin has just been delivered, wee update for those who have ordered and waiting. Hopefully everyone has theirs soon.

My Champions gin has just been delivered, wee update for those who have ordered and waiting. Hopefully everyone has theirs soon.
What updates did you get mate? I had one a few days ago saying they were getting ready to dispatch it, but nothing since. And that stupid Shop app is fucking useless.

Do you know which courier service it was?

Cheers!

What updates did you get mate? I had one a few days ago saying they were getting ready to dispatch it, but nothing since. And that stupid Shop app is fucking useless.

Do you know which courier service it was?

Cheers!
I got a dispatch email on Monday and tried to track it on that Shop app but although it was showing on it as dispatched it wasn't giving tracking information. My email also said 'Delivered By Us' in the tracking details so I emailed them and they replied saying as I stay close to the distribution team, some orders are being hand delivered to speed up the process. I got a call this morning asking if I would be in between 3pm & 6pm and it arrived at 3.30pm. It was wrapped in a DHL bag so I take it that's who will be delivering ones further afield from the distribution team.

I got a dispatch email on Monday and tried to track it on that Shop app but although it was showing on it as dispatched it wasn't giving tracking information. My email also said 'Delivered By Us' in the tracking details so I emailed them and they replied saying as I stay close to the distribution team, some orders are being hand delivered to speed up the process. I got a call this morning asking if I would be in between 3pm & 6pm and it arrived at 3.30pm. It was wrapped in a DHL bag so I take it that's who will be delivering ones further afield from the distribution team.
Thanks pal, that's good to know. I got the same info as you on Monday. Haven't emailed them though. Will see how it goes tomorrow and give them a shout. Had that stupid "Delivered By Us" think too. Cheers.

Got my champions gin (2 bottles) delivered yesterday. They were separately wrapped in a DHL bag but no address or that on them. Got a phone call yesterday to tell us they would be delivered. They are cracking bottles and come in a box

A bit of whisky geek detective work suggests the 55 whisky is similar to (if not indeed) a ring-fenced batch of the Douglas Laing vatted/blended malt 'Timorous Beastie'. Both are blends of Highland single malts and the taste descriptors are pretty similar including very specific terms like 'vanilla'd oak.' It's pretty well regarded stuff that retails for about ÂŁ40 a bottle normally so a bespoke batch celebrating 55 at ÂŁ50 doesn't seem too cheeky for a 46% natural colour non chill filtered whisky. Anyway, now that's put everyone to sleep...you're welcome! B-D

Last edited:
A bit of whisky geek detective work suggests the 55 whisky is similar to (if not indeed) a ringfenced batch of the Douglas Laing vatted/blended malt 'Timorous Beastie'. Both are blends of Highland single malts and the taste descriptors are pretty similar including very specific terms like 'vanilla'd oak.' It's pretty well regarded stuff that retails for about ÂŁ40 a bottle normally so a bespoke batch celebrating 55 at ÂŁ50 doesn't seem too cheeky for a 46% natural color non chill filtered whisky. Anyway, now that's put everyone to sleep...you're welcome! B-D

The Douglas Laing Rangers whiskies are definitely not taking the piss price-wise.

Really impressed with this partnership.

Gin getting delivered tomorrow by DHL, the big lad who usually delivers for them is a good bear. :))

Just got confirmation email that delivery is tomorrow... going to my collection ;)

The Douglas Laing Rangers whiskies are definitely not taking the piss price-wise.

Really impressed with this partnership.
Yeah, tbh Rangers could have gone down the road of firing out something pretty basic with the club label on and it would have sold. Maybe they still will (and I'd probably still buy it) but as a whisky geek I've been pretty happy with this effort.

This thread swayed me on ordering a bottle of the whisky, I like the odd whisky but not that knowledgeable on the stuff myself
Believe me just enjoying the stuff is the way to go...my wife has a rule. I'm allowed 30 seconds talking about cask selection and distillery characteristics before I start pouring...or else. Hope you enjoy. :))

Back