55 edition whisky & gin

ifu01334

I pre-ordered both in the days following 55 getting sealed - can't find the emails now but does anyone else know when this will be sent out?

The Vodka is on sale in Costco just now there's a thread on here about. it

I pre-ordered both in the days following 55 getting sealed - can't find the emails now but does anyone else know when this will be sent out?

I am fairly sure it was an April release for the Whisky, a May release for the Rum.

The Gin was preorder to begin dispatching from 29th March. I had contacted them to find out & was advised the following,

Thank you for your email.

Our distribution team is currently processing (chronologically) the special edition 55 gin orders.

As soon as your order has been shipped, you will receive notification from the team detailing your tracking information.

Vodka and anything when I was growing up ha ha. Not keen on whisky at all, though do occasionally partake if its a good malt and its neat, bizarrely. Gin, for me, just smells and tastes like cheap perfume.
Yep.

There is only one gin in the world I like. Warner’s Christmas cake gin. Delicious wish a dash of coke.

Yep.

There is only one gin in the world I like. Warner’s Christmas cake gin. Delicious wish a dash of coke.
Sounds alright and probably smells better, given those ingredients. Doesn't sound like gin at all in fact ha ha.

Absolutely love gin. Cant wait for it to arrive, drink, then transform into an illuminated display bottle as a reminder of very happy times.

Vodka and anything when I was growing up ha ha. Not keen on whisky at all, though do occasionally partake if its a good malt and its neat, bizarrely. Gin, for me, just smells and tastes like cheap perfume.

I always drank Vodka and Whisky too, and pretty much anything else except Gin as it tasted like perfume.

Last few years I have found there is nothing more refreshing than a good gin and tonic, amazing, your taste can change over time.

I always drank Vodka and Whisky too, and pretty much anything else except Gin as it tasted like perfume.

Last few years I have found there is nothing more refreshing than a good gin and tonic, amazing, your taste can change over time.
I’ve found that with food rather than drink. My diet now has loads of stuff I’d never have entertained 30-40 years ago. My taste in alcohol has remained static weirdly enough.

Ha ha, Hell no. More gone from plain and bland to hotter and spicier (in terms of food not sex life LOL).

Haha! I've ordered the Gin for her indoors and the Vodka for me, I'll drink the Gin with her and keep the Vodka for now. (should've bought more and possibly saved on shipping costs as I'll be diving back in no doubt)

I ordered both whisky and vodka from different companies the emails only say will be sent when ready.

I ordered both whisky and vodka from different companies the emails only say will be sent when ready.
The Bohemian Brands vodka, with the gold ‘55‘ label, simply says on the website ‘order for delivery in April’. I’m hoping for sooner rather than later given it’s now appeared in wholesalers.

Are they from Douglas Laing?
The main man, Fred Laing is a massive bluenose too so that certainly helps. Been fortunate to have done some work for the man and he’s very much delighted to be involved with the club in some way, although he’s not fully in control of the amount that goes on sale even though his names on it!

If your buying whisky, I’d be looking to purchase from this gentleman. Quality stuff.

The Bohemian Brands vodka, with the gold ‘55‘ label, simply says on the website ‘order for delivery in April’. I’m hoping for sooner rather than later given it’s now appeared in wholesalers.

Same thing happened last year with the original dark berry vodka mate, us that ordered the 'exclusive' on line received it well after it was available in costco at much lower price.
Only difference this time is you'll get yours in a nice box.

Send them a mail and mention your disappointment that its freely available before yours has arrived, the customer service reply was quick and helpful last year when I contacted them.

Same thing happened last year with the original dark berry vodka mate, us that ordered the 'exclusive' on line received it well after it was available in costco at much lower price.
Only difference this time is you'll get yours in a nice box.

Send them a mail and mention your disappointment that its freely available before yours has arrived, the customer service reply was quick and helpful last year when I contacted them.
I’m quite chilled about it in all honesty. Right now, I don’t think there’s anything that could dampen my good spirits.:) I’ve paid through the nose (hopefully that means a bigger slice to the Club) and provided it arrives in April as advertised I can live with that.

Got nobody visiting the house for now that I can enjoy it with anyway.

The main man, Fred Laing is a massive bluenose too so that certainly helps. Been fortunate to have done some work for the man and he’s very much delighted to be involved with the club in some way, although he’s not fully in control of the amount that goes on sale even though his names on it!

If your buying whisky, I’d be looking to purchase from this gentleman. Quality stuff.
My mate used to work for DL and like you say, by all accounts, Fred is a good guy! We also got the use of the DL hospitality tickets one game as well

Does anyone else who ordered the Whisky or Rum have something showing in their DPD app tonight? I have something from a random company who look to be on the order confirmation from DL

My mate used to work for DL and like you say, by all accounts, Fred is a good guy! We also got the use of the DL hospitality tickets one game as well

Does anyone else who ordered the Whisky or Rum have something showing in their DPD app tonight? I have something from a random company who look to be on the order confirmation from DL
Think it comes by DPD from Mail Marketing UK Ltd. I have a notification from them that something is on it's way.

Think it comes by DPD from Mail Marketing UK Ltd. I have a notification from them that something is on it's way.
Have you bought anything from the louden store?
I got the personalised 55 glasses for me and my son and that's the notification I got when they were on their way.

Have you bought anything from the louden store?
I got the personalised 55 glasses for me and my son and that's the notification I got when they were on their way.
Nothing from the Louden store. I bought the 3 limited edition Rangers Malts from DL a few months back and they all came via Mail Marketing UK Ltd, just presuming the latest notification will be for the 55 whisky.

I've just checked the dpd app, same thing, a parcel from Mail Marketing is at the Uddingston depot. Must be the whisky?

Back