55 edition whisky & gin

Still waiting on dispatch notification. As posted in the other thread, yet to receive confirmation on the Rum, even though I have a PayPal receipt.

I’ve had a text from dhl saying my package will be delivered Monday, no despatch email though! Assuming this is it as not waiting on anything else

I’ve had a text from dhl saying my package will be delivered Monday, no despatch email though! Assuming this is it as not waiting on anything else

Mine's was meant to come today from DHL but had a text saying it'll be Monday now.

I got a DHL text first saying Friday, then another saying Monday before rangerslegendsgin then sent an email.

Should be here Monday, guessing DHL are trying to get as many out as possible with some being delayed.

Mine's was meant to come today from DHL but had a text saying it'll be Monday now.

I got a DHL text first saying Friday, then another saying Monday before rangerslegendsgin then sent an email.

Should be here Monday, guessing DHL are trying to get as many out as possible with some being delayed.
Cheers mate

Looks like mine has been delayed as well. Now to be delivered next working day (I guess Monday).

I got notification about the gin on Monday and then radio silence until today. Missed call on my mobile, rang back and they are delivering between 12-3 tomorrow.

I get my sent back to the UK. Hard to get them in the US.

Should have been delivered to the Mother in Law’s middle of the week.

Still missing the first of the original 3. Hoping @sherbrook_loyal leaves it to me in his will.

Got an email today apologising for delay on delivery. Covid restrictions impacting production etc etc.

I’ve got the whisk and the gin but no sign of the vodka, champagne or the rum yet.

My wife gave me a bottle of the whiskey as a surprise after we done Goatfell today. I’m a single malt drinker but this is a bit rough and I’ve never seen a whiskey this colour in my life, it’s almost clear. I know this is a celebration of our world record 55th league title but to be honest I could have got a couple of lovely bottles of single malt for that price or just a bit more.

My wife gave me a bottle of the whiskey as a surprise after we done Goatfell today. I’m a single malt drinker but this is a bit rough and I’ve never seen a whiskey this colour in my life, it’s almost clear. I know this is a celebration of our world record 55th league title but to be honest I could have got a couple of lovely bottles of single malt for that price or just a bit more.

Whisky is more often than not naturally this colour.

Most whiskies have colour added to them.
Someone more learned that I am will be able to explain this better than me.

Whisky is more often than not naturally this colour.

Most whiskies have colour added to them.
Someone more learned that I am will be able to explain this better than me.
Some whisky has colouring added. Usually called spirit colouring or caramel colouring. Theoretically it makes zero difference to the taste of the whisky. It's added I believe to give the appearance of a more aged whisky. Apparently a lot of whisky drinkers expect their whisky to be dark in colour. In this sense the colouring is a marketing tool.

Some whisky has colouring added. Usually called spirit colouring or caramel colouring. Theoretically it makes zero difference to the taste of the whisky. It's added I believe to give the appearance of a more aged whisky. Apparently a lot of whisky drinkers expect their whisky to be dark in colour. In this sense the colouring is a marketing tool.

That’s what I’m talking about.

@Greigorypeck , your Rangers whisky looks like whisky should look like – you’re maybe used to seeing whisky with a colouring added to it.

That’s what I’m talking about.

@Greigorypeck , your Rangers whisky looks like whisky should look like – you’re maybe used to seeing whisky with a colouring added to it.
Sherbrook it’s not just the colour and I’m not hating on anything to do with our club. It’s just not good I’m afraid to say. I’m half a bottle in and still saying to myself I wished I’d lifted that bottle of Glenlivet I seen in the coop in Brodick.

Review of 55 whisky by non Bear on whiskybase.com (respected whisky website) gave it a pretty good write up and 85 points. It is 46% and non chill filtered so if that's not someone's normal tipple they may find the ABV a bit strong and that a little water helps. As for colouring, the companies say it doesn't affect the taste but it does. Did a whisky tasting with Compass Box a few years back. They let everyone try natural non-coloured whisky and then add standard caramel colouring to make it look older/richer and it dulled the flavour making it flatter and more like...well caramel. It's a little more involved than that but I've typed enough...going to pour a glass of the stuff...though not the 55 bottle as that's for a special occasion...and there are hopefully a few of those coming up!

Sherbrook it’s not just the colour and I’m not hating on anything to do with our club. It’s just not good I’m afraid to say. I’m half a bottle in and still saying to myself I wished I’d lifted that bottle of Glenlivet I seen in the coop in Brodick.

My whisky arrived today and I opened it tonight.

I like it a great deal, it’s not as smooth as a lot of the more popular brands you get, like the Glenlivet you mention, but it’s an excellent whisky. A little water takes the edge off, smoothes it out a bit if you find it a bit harsh on the first few drams.

I’ll be buying another bottle if it’s still available.

The thing with whisky though is that everyone has their own preferences, for instance I wouldn’t thank you for a Talisker or Laphraoig. I would definitely have the 55 before the Glenlivet Founders Reserve I also have in the cupboard.

It’s an average whisky but it’s as much a collectors item as anything I guess so that’s why I got two! Don’t think whisky drinkers will be hugely impressed but looks the part and is a brilliant gift for someone. Spooky thing as well. I have a Whisky barrel which has been refurbished into a drinks cabinet. Supposed to hold 50 bottles but I’ve squeezed a few more in. Took them all out other day to count and after adding the two Rangers bottles it took the whisky total in there to 55 bottles!

28-C7-E662-C1-E3-46-B0-87-F8-1265-A4636-C84.jpg

Just waiting on the rum to complete it. That’s the pre-match drinks ready for Saturday :)

Just got given a bottle of the 55 whisky from a client that knows I love Rangers and whisky.

Good client and a good Bluenose.

Back