55 in Bearsden

BigJC

In there tonight and when Braga scored their second, big cheer from two guys at bar. I challenged them, politely of course. They got backup from bar staff. The excuse was they had a bet on, which I didn't believe.I had a wee celebration after Gers goals in their direction but message to fellow bears is that this is now a pub with an Irish fellowIng rather than a Scottish or British mindset! Go somewhere else rather than support this place.

In there tonight and when Braga scored their second, big cheer from two guys at bar. I challenged them, politely of course. They got backup from bar staff. The excuse was they had a bet on, which I didn't believe.I had a wee celebration after Gers goals in their direction but message to fellow bears is that this is now a pub with an Irish fellowIng rather than a Scottish or British mindset! Go somewhere else rather than support this place.
Is this the one on Bearsden cross next to M&S?

If so it’s always been a gutter establishment. Draws in pleb clientele from Westerton/back side of Drumchapel. Bearsden is staunch, that’s just one to avoid.

The Station Bar at Bearsden train station is a much better option for next time mate.

They're just not normal. I would never sit in s pub watching their game unless it's against us. I was checking out Twitter earlier after coming in from the match. Every tweet by BT Sport regarding our game has comments on them from these obsessed morons. They just can't help themselves.

There was a lot of reaction to our game tonight on Twitter from non Rangers fans, a lot of guys who follow English teams were commenting on Hagi for example, but in between these comments it's polluted with these mutants. I can't and never will understand the mentally challenged mindset.

Alex Rae was actually trending on Twitter as they were commenting so much about his biased commentary - I hoped they enjoyed the game.

Antonine.
the Original DF Bee
01595BC200001005-0-image-a-28_1526686286373.jpg

They're just not normal. I would never sit in s pub watching their game unless it's against us. I was checking out Twitter earlier after coming in from the match. Every tweet by BT Sport regarding our game has comments on them from these obsessed morons. They just can't help themselves.

There was a lot of reaction to our game tonight on Twitter from non Rangers fans, a lot of guys who follow English teams were commenting on Hagi for example, but in between these comments it's polluted with these mutants. I can't and never will understand the mentally challenged mindset.

Alex Rae was actually trending on Twitter as they were commenting so much about his biased commentary - I hoped they enjoyed the game.
Why the f*ck are they watching our game anyway why don't they GTF and stick to watching the Parkhead Paedohiders after all that's their team.

Lodge Ellangowan a good place to watch the football in the vicinity

They were obviously chunts who support the paedohiders and the bar staff are just as bad they don't deserve to have Rangers supporters spend their hard earned in there, give it a body swerve IMHO.

Bit of an over-reaction just for 2 blokes cheering. I've been there plenty of times before for Gers games, especially in Europe and there's always been a few bears in attendance. Almost any pub in the Greater Glasgow area would have had someone cheering. They just don't know how to conduct themselves that mob.

Pubs in Bearden?
When did they start allowing such low-life establishments?
Wouldn't have been allowed in the sixties when I lived there!

Lodge Ellangowan a good place to watch the football in the vicinity
Can non members go in to watch. Since i moved up to Bearsden, I watch our matches in the station bar. Seems to be 50/50 - us at our away games and them at theirs. Would avoid 55 if a slop house, so anybody confirm or is it typical FF with one saying Gerry Adams owns it and another saying it's the new Louden.

Not really a surprise it's always been a mixed pub to be honest although in the days prior to it changing hands a couple of times when we were on it was always full of bears.

It's only just started showing football again as well better off going down to the Station bar but again can be mixed at times as well.

Fucks sake, 55 is a far removed from a ‘fitba’ pub as you could imagine, the present staff are a mix of us/them depending when you go in, ownership/staff changes hands every so often as it runs at a very marginal profit.

If anything, it’s very definitely more us than them as the religious demographic of Bearsden & Milngavie is heavily non-papist. A large group of locals who are all (well-known in Rangers circles) Bears used to be the regulars in 55 now frequent The Station further down the road.

Blue Bearsden doesn’t do poet slop houses nor put up with any 19th Century Terrorist shite, end of story.

Can non members go in to watch. Since i moved up to Bearsden, I watch our matches in the station bar. Seems to be 50/50 - us at our away games and them at theirs. Would avoid 55 if a slop house, so anybody confirm or is it typical FF with one saying Gerry Adams owns it and another saying it's the new Louden.

Owners are Presbyterian!

It's most definitely not a slophouse, but as someone else said, not your stereotypical footie boozer.

The Station is far better for games, stick with there.

Strictly I think you need to be a member. I am not, but a well known Brother from a Sister Lodge. A small entrance fee is charged for Rangers V Celtic (tickets) but the value of that is returned via a free pint and pie. Membership is not expensive and you are in good company

Last time I was in 55 they didn't have BT Sport or Sky Sports, maybe they got it in after the wee sports bar round the corner closed down.

Some over reaction from the OP ffs

Yeah non members can. Usually ticket only for games against them. The Burnbrae is a blue shop. Not sure they have games on but they run a bus from there.

Not a football pub at all. Last time I watched game there they had no sound? decent pub grub though. The station is much better for football / Rangers.

Is this the one on Bearsden cross next to M&S?

If so it’s always been a gutter establishment. Draws in pleb clientele from Westerton/back side of Drumchapel. Bearsden is staunch, that’s just one to avoid.

The Station Bar at Bearsden train station is a much better option for next time mate.

Westeron is full of plebs?

Like Prso, Lovenkrands, Hemdani etc?

If you can't handle a couple of guys celebrating a goal then you shouldn't leave the house to watch football.

You challenged them? They should have told you to go fcuk yourself haha

was in last week for food and beer

Pretty decent.

I was told they didn't show either us or the separate entity only last month.

When Hamish had it, it was Blue some great nights particularly Euro games.

Its a pub dinner these days with no real football side taken.

Try the 3 small plates its very good.

was in last week for food and beer

Pretty decent.

I was told they didn't show either us or the separate entity only last month.

When Hamish had it, it was Blue some great nights particularly Euro games.

Its a pub dinner these days with no real football side taken.

Try the 3 small plates its very good.
He had Lock 27 down at Temple for years too and it was most definitely a bluenose bar.

He had Lock 27 down at Temple for years too and it was most definitely a bluenose bar.
oh yes some fantastic night back in the day.
Now that did turn into a tim slop house for a while, strange how it went from one fantastic extreme to a quite horrendous one.

oh yes some fantastic night back in the day.
Now that did turn into a tim slop house for a while, strange how it went from one fantastic extreme to a quite horrendous one.
I know, not been in there for years.

Since we've just had a memorable match against a Portuguese team, I was in there the night we beat Sporting Lisbon on away goals when Edu scored in injury time. Great times.

Back