5G Signal at Ibrox

student_loyal

Official Ticketer
Having tested the Wi-Fi at the stadium unsuccessfully on Sunday I am wondering what network has decent 5G coverage at Ibrox.

Im currently on o2 and it’s non existent with the 4G overloaded.

Anyone have experience on EE/Vodafone and successfully used 5G at the game?

Cheers!

From what I remember about Vodafone pre-covid, it was average at best - but still better than O2

I'm with EE and the internet on my phone was working fine in the stadium on Saturday and Sunday, I assume it was the 5g but I didn't check.

EE and Vodafone had the best coverage in Glasgow last time I checked, about 6 months ago.

How do you actually get 5G? I’ve an iPhone 12, which is compatible and on O2. Do I need to arrange a contract that includes 5G, as I got the phone separately from my provider.

How do you actually get 5G? I’ve an iPhone 12, which is compatible and on O2. Do I need to arrange a contract that includes 5G, as I got the phone separately from my provider.
You need to be in an area that has 5G coverage. It will auto connect to it.

You need to be in an area that has 5G coverage. It will auto connect to it.
I’m in Edinburgh. Is it still getting rolled out?

Edit: I’ve just checked online. Literally nothing with O2 for 5G by the looks of it.

Having tested the Wi-Fi at the stadium unsuccessfully on Sunday I am wondering what network has decent 5G coverage at Ibrox.

Cheers!

From what I've read online, if you've had both of your vaccine shots, you're fully 5G ready.

You need to have a contract that includes it and make sure that you have it switched on in Mobile data settings:mobile data options. Sometimes its off by default as it consumes battery faster

Not very constructive but o2 has to be the worst network provider I've ever used. currently locked into contract with them and I've never had a poor a signal as I have now, no matter where I go. Regretting leaving 3

The % of people with 5g will be much lower than 4g within Ibrox

Will be unusable in a few years when more people have newer phones

Has the issue not always been so many people in a small area trying to get signal?
If you’re in around Ibrox non match day, signal is fine.

Thanks for the advice folks - looks like anyone apart from o2!

I’ll grab a couple of PAYG sims and give them a try.

I got onto 5g at half time on Sunday. Vodafone network. Tried the WiFi. Worked before the game. Couldn't get on it later on. If its struggling with capacity much lower than full then I don't have much hope for it with a full house

4g signal used to be brutal.

At time I had to wait unt I crossed the bridge over the motorway and was past Bellahouston high before I could use my phone, that was with EE.

You just need a 5G SIM card.

You might want to look at your data plan as 5G could consume more data if you watch more videos etc

Does nobody just go to watch the football these days.

Amount of folk that spend all game on their phones, unbelievable, and before any starts half time is for a pie, a p!sh and program in what ever order you want.

I’m with 3 and for the last 6 months, including being in central London, I’ve never had 5G. Feel a bit cheated to be honest.:))

Cheers!

Do you even get 1G in the Beauly area :D

They are going to have to make connections totally reliable for every major provider very soon as you will have apps for not only your S/T but for ordering your half time refreshments etc. Especially moving on from Covid & going cashless.

EE was absolutely fine last weekend. Haven’t experienced it with a full house, though.
Yeah I usually struggle but was fine against Brighton, obv 4 times more folk would have an impact though

Back