6 assists for Chris Burke today

If anyone is on the Facebook page The Rangers Archives, you'd be surprised how many times he appears assisting goals for us. Must've set up a right good number of goals for us while he was here.
There was also a time that he was literally the only guy worth going to Ibrox to watch. We were utter dross at the time, so may have been 03/04 season, or possibly 05/06 season. Maybe even both.
For a few years after he left, Adrian Durham was constantly on Talksport saying he was the best player in the Championship.
Him and Hutton could've been a really good right side for us for years, but unfortunately it wasn't to be.
He was at times a really good wee player and gets some shocking stick on here. Would be interesting to see if anyone could dig up his appearances and assist stats whilst here. I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as some people think.

Had his chance with us failed miserably,I remember the Scumdee Untd cup final ssblue mentioned .

He’s always in the top few non old firm players for all the creativity stats in this league. Has been since he came back up here.

If anyone is on the Facebook page The Rangers Archives, you'd be surprised how many times he appears assisting goals for us. Must've set up a right good number of goals for us while he was here.
There was also a time that he was literally the only guy worth going to Ibrox to watch. We were utter dross at the time, so may have been 03/04 season, or possibly 05/06 season. Maybe even both.
For a few years after he left, Adrian Durham was constantly on Talksport saying he was the best player in the Championship.
Him and Hutton could've been a really good right side for us for years, but unfortunately it wasn't to be.
He was at times a really good wee player and gets some shocking stick on here. Would be interesting to see if anyone could dig up his appearances and assist stats whilst here. I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as some people think.
Well said mate. Wee Burke was a good wee Player for us. I remember a game at Ibrox against them. We where getting beat and very poor. He was the only one causing them problems

Don't know if this is common knowledge anyway but he's a big scum fan and often has his kids dressed in grey and green tops

Good evening Mr Burke Snr.
Please stop rewriting history on FF. Your son took heat stroke in Aberdeen. That's about as much as I care to recall about his Rangers career, indeed his whole career.

Good evening Mr Burke Snr.
Please stop rewriting history on FF. Your son took heat stroke in Aberdeen. That's about as much as I care to recall about his Rangers career, indeed his whole career.
Nonsense post mate.

Chris Burke was a good footballer. Tidy on the ball, clever and skilful. Bit lightweight for our football, but a decent wee winger.
He wasn't shite, and he wasn't a shite bag either despite what some say about his performance against Dundee United in that final. I say the same about Barrie McKay who was a similar type of player and often branded a shite bag.
He wasn't a Rangers great by any stretch, but there were periods he seemed to be the only guy who was playing well. I don't know who you were supporting at that time, but if you were there, like I was, you'd have noticed. As I said, I think 03/04 and 05/06 seasons.
By the time Walter came back, he wasn't a guaranteed starter and we gradually got better than him in and played a more physical team and style.

Burke was a decent player for us and has proven over the years that he's a good professional if he's still performing at a decent level at his age.
We all knew at the time he was from the "other side of the fence" but it didn't bother me then and it doesn't bother me now.

Don't know if this is common knowledge anyway but he's a big scum fan and often has his kids dressed in grey and green tops
It's not common knowledge because it's completely untrue.

His kids attend the same non denominational school as mine. He's a quiet unassuming guy and doesn't say much. My Mrs talks to his Mrs and I've spoken to his Mrs maybe 5 or 6 times. His Mrs is a massive tim and has taken the oldest boy to Parkhead on a few occasions. He may wear the strips but I've never seen him in them. Seen him in a Liverpool kit and that's it.
I've not spoken to her for ages right enough, but I know she had the boy down at Killie 3-4 times a week, and apparently he's a bit of a player and playing 2-3 years above his age group, or he at least was a few years ago.
Their youngest kid isn't into football at all, so doubt he'd be wearing a Celtic strip but couldn't confirm that.
She knows I'm a massive bear through my wife, and we had a brief conversation after we beat them at Christmas last season along the lines of:
Her: "Oh you'll have been happy with the result"
Me: "Of course"
Her: "I've never heard the end of it from Christopher"
Me: "I thought he was a Celtic fan"
Her "My god no, he's still a massive Rangers fan and always has been"
Me: "Oh right, I thought he grew up a tim"
Her: "Aye in primary school, not since he's been at Rangers though"

I don't know him at all, but that's from his Mrs. I don't "know" her either but say hello and wave at the school and as I said have had a few short chats at the school gates. You might think you know otherwise, but if his Mrs is telling me I'd probably tend to believe her.

In fact, just recalling, she has also been at Ibrox with Burke and the eldest boy, and this has all been in the last 3-4 years. As far as I'm aware they are still pally with the likes of Miller, McGregor and a few others.

kD.gif

Nonsense post mate.

Chris Burke was a good footballer. Tidy on the ball, clever and skilful. Bit lightweight for our football, but a decent wee winger.
He wasn't shite, and he wasn't a shite bag either despite what some say about his performance against Dundee United in that final. I say the same about Barrie McKay who was a similar type of player and often branded a shite bag.
He wasn't a Rangers great by any stretch, but there were periods he seemed to be the only guy who was playing well. I don't know who you were supporting at that time, but if you were there, like I was, you'd have noticed. As I said, I think 03/04 and 05/06 seasons.
By the time Walter came back, he wasn't a guaranteed starter and we gradually got better than him in and played a more physical team and style.
Away and take a flying one at yourself.

It's not common knowledge because it's completely untrue.

His kids attend the same non denominational school as mine. He's a quiet unassuming guy and doesn't say much. My Mrs talks to his Mrs and I've spoken to his Mrs maybe 5 or 6 times. His Mrs is a massive tim and has taken the oldest boy to Parkhead on a few occasions. He may wear the strips but I've never seen him in them. Seen him in a Liverpool kit and that's it.
I've not spoken to her for ages right enough, but I know she had the boy down at Killie 3-4 times a week, and apparently he's a bit of a player and playing 2-3 years above his age group, or he at least was a few years ago.
Their youngest kid isn't into football at all, so doubt he'd be wearing a Celtic strip but couldn't confirm that.
She knows I'm a massive bear through my wife, and we had a brief conversation after we beat them at Christmas last season along the lines of:
Her: "Oh you'll have been happy with the result"
Me: "Of course"
Her: "I've never heard the end of it from Christopher"
Me: "I thought he was a Celtic fan"
Her "My god no, he's still a massive Rangers fan and always has been"
Me: "Oh right, I thought he grew up a tim"
Her: "Aye in primary school, not since he's been at Rangers though"

I don't know him at all, but that's from his Mrs. I don't "know" her either but say hello and wave at the school and as I said have had a few short chats at the school gates. You might think you know otherwise, but if his Mrs is telling me I'd probably tend to believe her.

In fact, just recalling, she has also been at Ibrox with Burke and the eldest boy, and this has all been in the last 3-4 years. As far as I'm aware they are still pally with the likes of Miller, McGregor and a few others.
@davhow, yer tea's oot.

His getting stick on here has nothing to do with his ability.

Back