6 points from 6

Gaz030191

As the title says, perfect start to the group, and it puts us in such a strong position to qualify now.

If we can get everyone more win from the next 4 games, it's likely to be enough as teams take points off each other.

That's exactly what he had to do to give us the freedom to keep the squad fresh and rotate without worrying about the late qualifying games and the league games that followed as much.

Brilliant from all the players and the manager.

Over £1,000,000 in prize money so far after 2 games and looking good for a last 32 spot which will earn 500k for finishing 2nd or £1m for winning the group also 500k minimum from the last 32 game.

This kind of income could be vital in the January window

We have started numerous European group stages well, and fallen away. I do'nt expect it this time.

yeah we usually start with a win then a draw or two and then a couple of losses at the end. That about sums us up over the years.

Two home games still to come. Fantastic!

2 draws from the standard v lech games would be ideal. Would give us a free hit in the benfica games and if we could win 1 of them then we would be qualified with 2 games to go

I reckon we can probably afford to beat Standard at home and lose the other 3 and still qualify. Don't expect us to do as poorly as that, right enough.

Brilliant position to be in.

It's a brilliant start, 6pts from 6, another clean sheet and a below par performance. If we can take anything from Benfica, which there's no reason we can't, then I think we will qualify early

Good start and will hopefully take some points from Benfica over the next 2 fixtures, last thing we want is Benfica going into their last 2 games already qualified on 12 points if we’ve got Standard or Lech just a point or 2 behind us.

This team is adaptive. We defend from the front by leaving 3 up top. But it's clear we change tactics depending on who we play.

We invite teams and counter or we can play direct against low blocks. We can pass the ball and walk it in too.

It's beautiful to see far we have came

Even if we can take 4 points from our double header it could still go all the way depending on how the other double header goes

It'll be tough but if we can get draws away to the likes of Villarreal, Porto and Feyenoord, why not Benfica?

Excellent start to the group and it’s important to enjoy it and not start to get raging if we play poorly and not win. Europe should always be part of our season as it brings in good revenue, attracts good players and gives the fans something different. Not to mention the increase in chances of getting into the champions league

Would I be right in saying the last time we won the first 2 games of a group stage we got to thee uefa Cup final? :D
We followed up those two wins (Stuttgart and Lyon) with a draw to Barcelona. Followed that up with three straight defeats and got papped out the CL and into the UEFA Cup. That worked out reasonably well + but how that group ended shows we’ve a way to go yet to qualify this year.

Back