6 years ago tonight, the biggest embarrassment in football history?

Good times, utterly surreal, still utterly surreal even now. Crowd shots of Brazilians looking like they’d just watched their family and friends slaughtered in front of them. David Luiz being David Luiz and eventually greetin at the end of the game.

The thread on FF that night was a tremendous laugh.

Still laugh at that specky kid crying every single time.

What a match - couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Honestly wouldn’t have been surprised at double figures. “ We want ten!”

Germany almost and should've scored an 8th when Ozil missed a great chance,just before Brazil scored their goal.
A work colleague was on a flight home during the game and when he got off the plane,he along with many folk checked their phones for the score and the look of disbelief was everywhere.
Incredible result,even early on in the tournament it was obvious Brazil weren't good enough to win it but I certainly didn't expect them to be humiliated like they were !.

The whole thing was mental from the off.

Brazil's players holding up Neymar's jersey pre match as if he had died (and whilst their suspended captain sat in the stand to no such fanfare)

Marcelo insisting on playing centre forward as Germany destroyed them down his flank.

The crowd openly breaking down in the stands as the goals rained in

Germany deciding at HT to take the foot off the gas in order to not humiliate their hosts

The German subs paying no such heed and battering into them when they went on in order to stake their place in the final

Was working late so had the game set to record with the intention of watching when I got home.

Stupidly went onto Facebook and everyone's going off their nut about the game. Back up the road to catch up on the goals. Unreal game but really was a great German team. Brazil were bang average that tournament and I'm not sure they have completely recovered from it. Obviously they did win the Copa America last year but even then it wasn't convincing tbh.

Watched that "7 goals that shook the world" the other day - great watch and a very good insight to the different footballing ideologies of the 2 nations.

One of my favourite non-Rangers games of football.

Absolutely loved the devastation and heart break in the stands as their world came crumbling down. Can't go the Brazilian World Cup wankathons (which was fever pitch at the time) based purely on football they played a long time ago.

Remember this like yesterday! I was in a Walkabout in Bournemouth when i lived there, all the Brazilians were off after the 4th goal and i was having a drink with the many Germans going nuts..was a great day.

I put both teams on to win it, before the tournament, I wanted Germany to go through as they were the better price i sat back and enjoyed it. I’m sure I got them a 7-1 £50,

It was, as others have said, absolutely surreal.
It took me 1 hour 15 mins to watch the first half as I kept rewinding it and watching the goals in disbelief!

What a match - couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Honestly wouldn’t have been surprised at double figures. “ We want ten!”
I think the Germans could have scored 10 if they wanted. They knew they were in the final and took their foot off the gas. I was surprised Brazil got as far as they did.

1st goal - Luiz caught napping and lost Muller.

4th goal - Luiz out of position at right back (although in his defence Fernandinho had a shocker giving the ball away).

5th goal - Luiz out of position diving into a challenge 40 yards from goal.

7th goal - Luiz sleeping and didn't track Shurrle.

Honest to god, that guy must have had one of the worst games of football on record that night. I remember him just running about the park like a headless chicken in between the goals as well!

Good times, utterly surreal, still utterly surreal even now. Crowd shots of Brazilians looking like they’d just watched their family and friends slaughtered in front of them. David Luiz being David Luiz and eventually greetin at the end of the game.

You knew the Brazil were in for a doing when they held Neymar's shirt up during the anthem. The word "embarrassment" is thrown around a lot on here, but come on.

I was glad to see them get pumped after the way they maimed Colombia on the way to the final.

The only thing that annoys me about that game is Ozil missing a sitter to make it 8-0. For some reason, 8-0 is way more embarrassing than 7-1. (Although 7-1 is extremely embarrassing.)

Germany should have been given jail time for the assault they carried out on the team who was going on to win the final.

It was a wonderful event. After years of Latin Americans telling us how they were the greatest it was wonderful to see the mighty Brazil humbled by a European side on their home soil

The fact I had Germany in the works pool that year helped too

memes.jpg

I was watching Pearl Jam in Leeds that night(best gig ive been to)and there was a Brazilian lad in front of us in tears and he eventually stormed out!.

Sorry to bring this up but Berwick 1967 eclipses everything. Cost us a Double, CWC and breaking Their dominance of the era.

Watched this in Ibiza with Germans I’d got friendly with it was unbelievable scenes. Watched the final with them as well hotel lobby was bouncing.

Was on an early shift the following morning so was only going to watch till half time . Short sleep that night as I sat up to watch it all .

it came many years later but the best way to sum up Brazil in that tournament Was quoted in the joker movie “you get what you f*****g deserve”

By the time the third goal went in I was pissing myself laughing, especially when the faces of all those yellow clad dolts in the crowd began to appear on the big screen.

What I always admired about the Germans that night was that they didn’t let up. At 4-0 it was over. They could have done the honourable thing and taken their foot off the gas, but instead they went for the jugular and humiliated them.

That some of the shitebags in that Brazilian side were still picking up caps afterwards was what baffled me.

I’m surprised some of them weren’t murdered.

Latest posts

Back