6 years since the King defeated the rats

That scumbag McMurdo has crawled out from under his rock and is writing articles on us again. It should never be forgotten that he sided with every scumbag to walk through our doors and wrote fluff pieces calling for us to support the board. Prick.
And blocked any dissenting voices so he could live in his wee echo chamber.
McMurdo is as big a pr1ck as any of them

Who is this addressing? I forget. Somers change of heart was done at who's request?

Also, the loan made against the stadium and training facility was not made after all? Sounds like it was before the AGM. Or did we just pay it off so it was a moot point?
Somers ,was just a puppet, everyone new who's hand was up his arse working him. He was told by the people who put him into the position, exactly what was expected of him. As I director of Rangers, he by law was supposed to look after the best interests of Rangers. It's plain to see who's interests were being looked after, and it certainly wasn't Rangers.

-ibMMD.gif

No surrender, Davie King.

God Save the King.

Remember being at agm and shaking King hands and other good guys
Im sure John Brown and Ally were there but i might be mistaken
Long live the king

That period when Llambias and Sommers were taking the absolute piss at the tail end of 2014 was torture to witness.

I remember coming on here each day looking for that glimmer of hope that someone would step up and out wit them, and just before New Year 2015 the news broke that a massive block of shares had been purchased. I was filled with hope and trepidation in equal measure waiting to find out who had bought them (Good guy or Spiv).... then the rumours of King having made his move filtered through and it felt like a league win.

God bless Dave King and the 3 bears... number 55 would not have been possible without them.

We should use the date to commemorate the club being saved from the depredations of the splvs.
Dave King and the 3 bears saved the club from an eternity of servitude.
The key point at this time was the acquisition of the Laxey shares.
Why did this hedge fund develop a conscience? Did they realise they were going tobe stiffed like everyone else, or was the decision for other than financial reasons?
They could easily have named their price and sold to the fat man.
Rangers escaped his clutches by the narrowest of margins.
The turning point for Laxey was the spivs sacking Norman Crighton from the board in December 2014.
George Taylor and George Letham met Colin Kingsnorth at Laxey shortly thereafter and he agreed to sell his shares to the 3 bears to help prevent Ashley taking control.

It seems like a lifetime ago but our progress in those six years is quite astonishing. Long live the King.

That, along probably the written confirmation that Dave King had full control of the club and the spivs were gone, should be framed on the wall in the trophy room and have place in the forth coming museum.

That email/letter is one of the most important in our club's history.

I felt the turning point was at the AGM when Somers treated the shareholders like dirt on his shoe. I believe that really angered neutral shareholders who realised what we were up against and bailed.
What actually happened there then?

don't think they drew it down Sasa, they announced that SD were providing another £5m and taking security over the Stadium and The Academy. DK PM and JG called the EGM later that day, it was the Friday we played Hearts and the game was abandoned.

There was a massive protest outside after the match.

We also must never underestimate the financial support of Douglas Park, George Letham, George Taylor and John Bennett that continues to this day.

Dave King fronted up against a heavyweight cabal who were systematically destroying our club and winning the EGM was step one. Getting control of the Board swiftly was step two.

Winning 55 will mean so much to these guys, every bit as much as all of us who have bought ST and supported the club throughout the last 9 years.

They answered the call.
On the day dave King 3 bears won was the happy day I thought we would not get our club back to say we grateful us a understatement when we get 55 on last day of season dave King 3 bears should be on the pitch without these guys there would be no 55 we as fans been unbelievable for the last 9 years when 55 comes i will have lot tears be so proud

It’s extremely clear the debt we owe to DK and the others who stepped up against these vermin. We only have a club worthy of the name thanks to them.

It’s quite astonishing this context is rarely reflected upon or mentioned in media coverage. It’s a sliding doors moment in our history as much as Whyte was.

My memory and timeline could be muddled up, but was it not at this time that one of the spivs tried to get his hands on the youth development money?

What actually happened there then?
To paraphrase , he said "when you're chairman of Rangers you can do what you want, until then I'll do what I want".
There were people there , more prosperous than him, getting treated like schoolboys . You could feel the anger getting more intense after his remarks.

A momentous day in the life of all Rangers fans. A date to be carved into the history of our club. God bless Dave King

We owe a real debt of gratitude to Dave King. Recall vividly the day Laxley’s shareholding was sold and we knew that other investors holding stock in Rangers would very likely sell up too. Companies ( and individuals ) had paid 70 p for shares and were looking for as high an exit price as they could to reduce their loss and sell. Personally held and still hold 13 k shares and not enough to move the needle either way.

I do think that if King had not bought us, another group or consortium would have had a controlling interest ( of course just my opinion ) and do think we would have avoided a decade of consecutive filth wins.

Im glad where we ended up, Glasgow is blue, Rangers are safe and we are playing excellent football.

Somers ,was just a puppet, everyone new who's hand was up his arse working him. He was told by the people who put him into the position, exactly what was expected of him. As I director of Rangers, he by law was supposed to look after the best interests of Rangers. It's plain to see who's interests were being looked after, and it certainly wasn't Rangers.
Yeah, I remember that. I'm just wondering who that communication was sent to in the original post. Must have been someone on the board.

My memory and timeline could be muddled up, but was it not at this time that one of the spivs tried to get his hands on the youth development money?
It happened on the morning of the EGM. Colin Stewart tweeted about it that night and he flat out refused to hand the money over.

King deserves a statue. He was the one who took on Ashley otherwise the fat bastard would have owned Ibrox and the training ground and held us to ransom for years to come

Back