60,000 were singing in praise of the IRA at the Piggery. It even played through Club sound system.

714_BE078-_AAA3-421_F-_B00_E-_D51_CD6624011.png

• so papes can teach in papes schools and non denom.
  • Non RCs can work in non denom though can only get a job in RC school if they have letter from rc church saying they are good enough to teach papes.
  • papes can go to University of Glasgow and Strathclyde for teaching primary school kids.
  • yet Non denom are told when applying to Glasgow this declaring themselves as RC will stand better chance ad they teach Catholic ethos. So papes takes places at Strathclyde and this lowers rates for non denom getting a place in Strathclyde or Glasgow.
  • As graduate of Glasgow Uni, I was allowed to do any other degree from medicine to aviation engineering you name it...apart from primary school teaching, could do my 1 year secondary teaching (which I was accepted too) but even though after uni I worked in my mum's primary school I couldn't learn primary at Glasgow.
Though Roman Catholics are persecuted in the West of Scotland.....just not in Schooling/Councils/Politics/Trade Unions and head of Scottish football.

Oh ps, when he's getting investigated, let's move to non denom school, likewise when expelling a pale he gets sent to a non denom.
A disgrace. They should not be welcome in ‘our’ schools. Not good enough for them, then certainly not good enough for us.

You wont read about this in any of the Scottish Papers by the way. Why? Because they are more interested in poor dogs that receive sectarian abuse, or sand castles being demolished.

What a most base society we have become.

I'm guessing him giving his pupils prior knowledge to exams was thrown out also ,Hun town is allowed then.So he is free to get on with it then teaching Children he obviously has a pure hatred for that sounds fair,what can parents do about this I wouldn't want this scumbag anywhere near my children.

.........… the Panel found that there was no current impairment of fitness to teach. That being so, the Panel was not required to consider any of the available disposals and the hearing was concluded.

Now we know why it took a year to bring the case before the Panel.

There was an obvious impairment a year ago, but since then he has been removed from a Bigot Factory and placed in a non-denomination school, so all is good.

Unbefuckinglievable.

Now we know why it took a year to bring the case before the Panel.

There was an obvious impairment a year ago, but since then he has been removed from a Bigot Factory and placed in a non-denomination school, so all is good.

Unbefuckinglievable.

The Panel.

These two words are the ones that worry me most DDJ.

What was the make up of the Panel? Who were they? What is their background?

The outcome of this hearing is truly incredible. You would expect journalists would be all over it, but no. As usual they will lift it off FF and add their skewed slant to it. Just watch. Look at the names of the hacks that pick this up and write about it. That will tell you all you need to know about the SMSM.

The Panel.

The outcome of this hearing is truly incredible. You would expect journalists would be all over it, but no. As usual they will lift it off FF and add their skewed slant to it. Just watch. Look at the names of the hacks that pick this up and write about it. That will tell you all you need to know about the SMSM.

The names of the panel are on the first page of the report George.

GTCS have a cheek to charge good members of staff £65 a year to be under same organisation as folk like that.

Other teachers in same subject will have their results compared to his as well when he’s been doing that with papers!

Would make you sick reading that. F*cking disgusting.

The names of the panel are on the first page of the report George.

Yes mate. Does it not worry you that they feel this guy is fit to teach though?

It concerns me. As stated above, would you want him teaching your kids? Handing out school notes with H*n Town written on them. Bobby Sands mug in his desk. Handing out 1'000 Rebel songs to collegues.

The Panel.

Spot on as always George.

The vile bigot Haggerty et al will be trying to spin the fact that he was subject to investigation as being anti-Irish RC, as we speak.

It concerns me. As stated above, would you want him teaching your kids? Handing out school notes with H*n Town written on them. Bobby Sands mug in his desk. Handing out 1'000 Rebel songs to collegues.

Absolutely he's unfit to teach. In this day and age that was a slam dunk case.

He can teach all he wants as far as I am concerned as long as it's in their bigot factories that only seems fair.

This is the key part of the report, in my view:

In relation to the cards, the Teacher said that he had been in Derry and had sent the postcards back to his daughters. The postcards only came to be in his classroom after he boxed and removed items from his house when the roof “caved in” and he was given a certain amount of time to vacate his property before it was declared derelict. He was also adamant that the postcards were stored away in a cupboard within his classroom and were never intended to be put on display because they portrayed political messages that were arguably inappropriate for a school setting. He later learned, however, that when his classroom was moved at a time when he was absent from the school, his learning assistant put the cards up on the wall in order to brighten up the new classroom. Furthermore, he did not realise that she had done so until it was brought to his attention during the disciplinary investigation. Nevertheless, the Teacher accepted that he should not have brought the items into school in the first place.

In relation to the Bobby Sands mug, the Teacher said that he had been given this mug by a former janitor approximately twenty years ago. The janitor’s son was a serving soldier and had been given the mug, which he then passed on to his father. The Teacher said that he was given the mug as a joke and that when he was given the mug it was still in its box. Thereafter, he put the mug in a cupboard in his classroom and forgot about it. The Teacher maintained that the mug was never intended to be on display and that someone else must have taken it out of the cupboard, most likely Teacher 2.

In terms of the note which included the words “hun town”, it was the Teacher’s evidence that he brought the note into the school along with the other items from his home. He said that he had written the note at some point well after the CPD development day and that he was going to send the information contained in the note in an email to a friend as part of a conversation he was having with him about football and a trip that his friend was taking to Northern Ireland. He appreciated that the language was not appropriate and that the note should never have been in the school. He did, however, deny that the note was on his desk and maintained instead that it had been in his bag and must have been removed from his bag by Teacher 2. The Teacher explained that he had a number of previous issues with Teacher 2, as did a number of his colleagues. He later became aware that it was Teacher 2 that had reported him to Investigating Officer 2. He also became aware that some of his colleagues had reported Teacher 2 to the then Acting Head Teacher over concerns that Teacher 2 had been going through their personal belongings without permission. It was against that background that certain grievances and complaints were made by various staff members against Teacher 2.

Finally, the Teacher also admitted sharing music with a probationer under the explanation that the probationer was Irish and had indicated that he enjoyed Irish music. He saved the music on a hard drive at home and gave it to the probationer for copying. Whilst at the time he did not consider the music to be in any way offensive, the Teacher said that he very much regrets causing any upset to the individual concerned.

In the course of his evidence, the Teacher described his sense of deep regret at having gone through the disciplinary process and expressed considerable remorse for his actions. He said that teaching is more than just a job to him and that he would never do anything again to put his career in jeopardy. He said that he wanted nothing more than to continue working in the teaching profession, which he truly loves and respects.

What seems to have happened is that a probationary teacher has fallen out (or had difficulty with) other teachers and raised the complaint, perhaps to get back at them or defend himself.

The accused teacher did not deny the allegations. I don't buy his explanations.

In the Panel’s view, the Teacher’s conduct, as reflected in the allegations found proved, did fall short of the standards expected of a registered teacher. The Panel was satisfied that the Teacher’s conduct gave rise to a breach of parts 1.2, 1.4, 1.6 and 5.3 of COPAC. The use by the Teacher of his personal email to contact pupils, albeit in a professional context, was inappropriate and the Teacher should not have brought items into the school that had no bearing on the curriculum being taught. Furthermore, the items that he brought into the school had political and religious connotations and the handwritten note was clearly inappropriate. In addition, the Irish songs had been given to a probationer who was made to feel uncomfortable.

Having determined that the Teacher’s conduct fell short of the standards expected of a registered teacher, the next issue for the Panel to determine was whether his fitness to teach is currently impaired.

In addressing that issue, the Panel was satisfied that the breaches of the Code were committed in a particular set of circumstances that were highly unlikely to be repeated. The Panel was reinforced in that view by the fact that there had been no repetition of the behaviour since the incidents. To the contrary, there was evidence before the Panel that the Teacher had shown insight and had reflected on what he had done. Furthermore, it was patently clear to the Panel that the Teacher is held in high regard by peers and pupils alike and that he is an exemplary teacher. Witness C also said that he had no concerns at all about the Teacher and that he was a much valued and highly regarded member of the teaching staff at his school.

The Panel concluded that the above factors, when taken together, demonstrated that the conduct giving rise to the allegations was remediable, that it had been remedied and that it was highly unlikely to be repeated.

The panel said he was in the wrong but gave him another chance.

I suspect the judgment would have been different if items related to Loyalist paramilitaries had been involved or the note said '19th Century Terrorist town'.

Have you ever wondered how so many have become so entrenched and anti-British? Have you ever questioned how they could hold in such reverence a proscribed terrorist group that murdered so many innocents?

Some blame the schools that you and I fund. They could be right.

5th September
Jim Beattie: Fate of teacher accused of having Bobby Sands mug in class to be decided
Exclusive by Maxine McArthur @MaxineMcArthur
8547432.jpg

EXCLUSIVE

Jim Beattie

THE fate of a teacher who admitted having a Bobby Sands mug and ‘Free Derry’ Christmas card in his classroom is to be decided this month – almost one year after the case first began.

Jim Beattie appeared before the General Teaching Council for Scotland in December last year before the case was postponed until January. However, it never resumed.

Almost 22,000 people signed a petition calling for the teacher – described as a ‘legend’ by pupils – to be allowed to keep his job.

The Evening Times can reveal the case began again yesterday and is due to continue today, tomorrow and September 7 before coming to a close on September 25.

Mr Beattie asked for the case to be heard in private, which was denied by the GTCS.

A GTCS spokesman explained the delay was ‘unfortunate’ but ‘unavoidable so the full facts of the case could be established.

He added: “There was an application made for this hearing to be heard in private. This was rejected by a panel and the hearing will take place on 4, 5, 6, 7 and September 25. Notice of public hearings is posted on our website. The time delay is not unusual for cases.”

“This is because of a range of factors including the application for a hearing in private; the deliberations of the panel; the legal arguments made on either side; and then the arrangements requiring to be made to find a hearing date that suited all of those involved, particularly taking into account the summer holidays. We appreciate any delay is unfortunate but it is unavoidable.”

Amongst a string of charges, Mr Beattie is alleged to have written the term “hun town” in his notes while working as a modern studies teacher at Our Lady and St Patrick’s High School in August 2014.

He is also accused of having a ‘Free Derry’ Christmas card and postcard, and a mug bearing an image of Sands – an Irish Republican Army member who died at the notorious Maze Prison in Northern Ireland after going on hunger strike.

Another charge alleges the teacher used “prior knowledge” of a Modern Studies exam to “advise pupils on the areas to study in advance” of the exam.

He is accused of having “inappropriate contact with pupils personally by email”.

Mr Beattie denies his ability to teach was impaired.

Mr Beattie was moved by West Dunbartonshire Council to the nearby Vale of Leven Academy after the concerns were first brought to light.

Speaking last year, a spokeswoman for West Dunbartonshire Council said: “West Dunbartonshire Council expects the highest standards from all of its teachers and stipulates that staff must meet the requirements of the General Teaching Council for Scotland.”

A temporary restriction has been placed on the teacher’s licence until the hearing has concluded.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/...obby-sands-mug-in-class-to-be-decided/?ref=ar
2vak01w.jpg

She played for their ladies but a bhigoted (untess nonetheless.

'Dirty orange inbred monkey b*******': Celtic Ladies footballer's career cut short after sectarian Facebook rant
Megan McFadden's offensive post hours before the League Cup semi-final was shared around social media
Do you know the funny thing about that,the unwashed told her to leave and she left,she then signed for Hamilton accies ladies team and nobody batted an eye.

What's more disgraceful is the womens game have their own version of the SFA and they never even took action against her for her sectarian comments.

Do you know the funny thing about that,the unwashed told her to leave and she left,she then signed for Hamilton accies ladies team and nobody batted an eye.

What's more disgraceful is the womens game have their own version of the SFA and they never even took action against her for her sectarian comments.

interesting, i take it they are infected to the same levels as the men's game

It’s not the schools.

They have RC schools in other UK cities with big Irish catholic communities - Liverpool, Manchester, London - yet there isn’t the same sectarian venom and hatred we see in Glasgow, isn’t the same crazed support for Republican terrorist groups.

So what could it be that fosters such extremism among West of Scotland catholics?

It’s a head scratcher alright.
Does it maybe begin with C and end with C ?

Imagine a Muslim teacher with an Osama Bin Laden mug and ISIS leaflets teaching in our schools ?

So long as the teacher was neither white nor Protestant I think they'd be let off, and even have support from some sections (of officialdom). That's not a joke, and a reflection of what we've allowed this nation to become.

You don't get what you deserve, you get what you will accept - see GCC for the last 40 years.

Wow...
Caught bang to rights FOUR TIMES, that he put down to unfortunate circumstances and he gets away with it.
Getting caught 4 times is not unfortunate, it's damning.

When I attended DA we had a history/modern studies teacher who was a ST holder at Ibrox who's room was adorned with UJ,s and red white and blue but he never had a gusty spence, or shankill butchers mug or plate on his wall.

Who was thst mate? Must have been after my time. We had old Jimmy Arnold, a bankie through and through

Another look how bad they are thread. Agree that teacher should never teach again. But apart from going oh how awful we will do nothing to change anything.

Look on one of their forums I would imagine that you will find threads attackin Protestants in a similar vein.

Sad thing here is there are still far too many on both sides that like things the way they are.

Until someone says sectarian behaviour is wrong full stop it will never change. Just glad my kids were never exposed to crap like that.

• so papes can teach in papes schools and non denom.
  • Non RCs can work in non denom though can only get a job in RC school if they have letter from rc church saying they are good enough to teach papes.
  • papes can go to University of Glasgow and Strathclyde for teaching primary school kids.
  • yet Non denom are told when applying to Glasgow this declaring themselves as RC will stand better chance ad they teach Catholic ethos. So papes takes places at Strathclyde and this lowers rates for non denom getting a place in Strathclyde or Glasgow.
  • As graduate of Glasgow Uni, I was allowed to do any other degree from medicine to aviation engineering you name it...apart from primary school teaching, could do my 1 year secondary teaching (which I was accepted too) but even though after uni I worked in my mum's primary school I couldn't learn primary at Glasgow.
Though Roman Catholics are persecuted in the West of Scotland.....just not in Schooling/Councils/Politics/Trade Unions and head of Scottish football.

Oh ps, when he's getting investigated, let's move to non denom school, likewise when expelling a pale he gets sent to a non denom.

Nail on head, they get uber privileged treatment in terms of schooling. Tax payer funded selective schools which only they can go to (even tho we all pay for) which out perform non-denom schools - but if there should be an RC school and a non-denom close by, the RC's can simply choose to go to either. 95% of us reading this dont have the privilege of such a choice.

At RC schools (publicly funded bodies) they can legally discriminate in terms of employment. They can exclude non-RCs. But of course, RC teachers can go to non-denoms as they please.

In GCC, there hasnt been one Bluenose in one of the top 3 roles for over 40 years, LP, leader, deputy leader. They either dominate totally or have grossly disproportionate influence in terms of politics, law, media, Police and trade unions (to name but a few areas). Yet they hold "Stop Discrimination" events.

Of course, easy to shout that Timmy is delusional but he's far from it. His PR is spot on - whilst Timmy solidifies his control he holds anti-discrimination rallies. It is classic, "deny, through up a smoke screen, play victim" policy which has served them well for generations. They stick with it coz, why change a winning formula.

I like to post the odd picture or two. But 90% of yours are just random guff. Contribute to a thread seriously for once, try debate for a change eh? You might be good at it, or maybe not. ;)

Please don’t tell people how to post George.

It’s quite clear his picture refers to the teacher in your story.

A decent image post is no different to cut and pasting text from a newspapers website. We are all here to debate and chat however we like as long as you behave and stick to the rules.

Thanks!

Another look how bad they are thread. Agree that teacher should never teach again. But apart from going oh how awful we will do nothing to change anything.

Look on one of their forums I would imagine that you will find threads attackin Protestants in a similar vein.

Sad thing here is there are still far too many on both sides that like things the way they are.

Until someone says sectarian behaviour is wrong full stop it will never change. Just glad my kids were never exposed to crap like that.

Not having a go but I dont know of a single Bluenose that is happy with the current status, of any aspect of life in Scotland. And you are right, that leads to the obvious question of, what are they prepared to do about it.

In most cases nothing, apathy has led us to this point, but I sense that is changing. You can only eat so much shit before you're sick of it. And the rise of social media has helped us enormously, when the national mainstream media is so opposed to our stance, we needed an alternative outlet. This is already showing greenshoot results, the outing of the current GCC leadership over the fanzone is IMO attributable principally to social media (and a few determined Bears).

Who was thst mate? Must have been after my time. We had old Jimmy Arnold, a bankie through and through

Mr Galletly he was in the room next door to jimmy Arnold. I think he was from the west end but I'm not sure.

I also failed to mention in my post he also had a picture of her majesty above the door inside his room.

I attended 92-98 my brothers were 10 years before me and both had Arnold as a teacher I only had him briefly in first and second year.

Still nothing in the newspapers regarding this.

Why would that be? It surely could 'pad out' a couple of columns? It was widely reported last year, and now that the findings have been published I do find it strange that not one newspaper is updating their readers on the outcome.

You'd think that there would be interest in this story and investigative journalists crawling all over it asking things like....

Is he still teaching at a non denominational school or is he back at the production line?

How do parents feel about this?

No. Reinstated. Immediately. No further reporting on the matter.

Scotland's become a shameful horrible scum ridden Republic.

They poison every well.
Every facet of life that they have become entrenched in has become toxic, due to everything they do being for the good of ‘the cult’ and not for the organisation they belong to. Be it local politics, the police, education or the prosecution service.
They are a blight on our nation who have worked their way into so many prominent places. We have a real job on our hands displacing them now, as they have become emboldened with the power they now hold. Scotland in 2019 is a place run by the minority for the minority. It’s sickening that they have such a stranglehold on our country. And I don’t think I’m being over-dramatic.

Last edited:
I know this thread is a massive bump but did the female really get reinstated immediately?

Seems it relevantly reflects on today's game, they deny they sing Sectarian songs. They then accuse those of pointing out the massive elephant in the room to them in a statement from the club....

.... but what about us victims being called peadophiles?

They actually are trying to use this as defence.

The moral gymnastics are staggering.

It was a male teacher and after a couple of years of making up excuses walked completely free. Pension in tact. Contractually secure. Not even disciplined or given counseling.

The point is.... It's totally normalised now, 60k break the law just the same every week - yet they are now victims because big bad football fans call them 'paedos'.

Selectarianismaboutery?

Back