62 years old, been going to Ibrox for over 50 years, and Tuesday was the first time I nearly fought with a fellow bear over at a match.

Non-season ticket matches are just a bit of a pain all round. For the first 20 minutes it's just full of folk wandering about unable to follow a simple letter and number combination to find their seat, and then you have the lottery of the weirdo next to you. You're used to the weirdos at season ticket games, so that's not so bad! :D

I had a guy on Tuesday who bawled abuse at the top of his lungs, actually made my ears ring and it made the shite match even more stressful! :D

Non-season ticket matches are just a bit of a pain all round. For the first 20 minutes it's just full of folk wandering about unable to follow a simple letter and number combination to find their seat, and then you have the lottery of the weirdo next to you. You're used to the weirdos at season ticket games, so that's not so bad! :D

I had a guy on Tuesday who bawled abuse at the top of his lungs, actually made my ears ring and it made the shite match even more stressful! :D

There were a large amount of folk in GR1 who seemed unable to find their seats on Tuesday for some reason.

I only go to games now that are on my book . Happy with that and saves suffering the needy dregs you get at non ST games .

Only thing I know is you've got higher odds of landing a roaster than all good cunts 1 in 5 in Ibrox during they games are pure bam.

I agree and it’s a real shame that you can’t go to the match and be surrounded by your family and friends Dale, particulary these younger generation don’t seem to have the patience to know what it’s like to pull on that Jersey like Caldow and Jardine regardless of results.

And that’s the problem with the youth of today they have no patience what so ever and want it all no,

Steven should be given a fair chance at this he has made progress this season by a mile and for certain deserves the next transfer window in the summer and next season Dale,

Build our foundations then we become strong again this won’t happen over night like the youth of today expext they want it all now now, online half’s the problem these days I think,

As for your seat and landing poorly educated individuals maybe see what’s available for next season and have a try of that seat see whoms around you ?

Main Stand never so bad but hard to get the seats in there

Sadly we now have a generation of Rangers fans who have never had a season ticket when we've won a legitimate trophy never mind a league.

Often they're the ones who scream loudest about standards and tradition without any real institutional knowledge of what a real Rangers side looks like.

You see it even on here and on social media, all these young guys who think everything is amazing one week and totally shite the next.

It'll continue until we start winning things again, but it's up to the guys who have been about for the last good Rangers sides to remind these youngsters what being Rangers is.

I agree and it’s a real shame that you can’t go to the match and be surrounded by your family and friends Dale, particulary these younger generation don’t seem to have the patience to know what it’s like to pull on that Jersey like Caldow and Jardine regardless of results.

And that’s the problem with the youth of today they have no patience what so ever and want it all no,

Steven should be given a fair chance at this he has made progress this season by a mile and for certain deserves the next transfer window in the summer and next season Dale,

Build our foundations then we become strong again this won’t happen over night like the youth of today expext they want it all now now, online half’s the problem these days I think,

As for your seat and landing poorly educated individuals maybe see what’s available for next season and have a try of that seat see whoms around you ?

Main Stand never so bad but hard to get the seats in there
In all honesty I don't mind who I sit beside aslong as I make it there hahanot an overly sensitive guy. I was luck when I was wee to be growing up through 9iar ect I'm only 27 so Alot of folk my age don't have patience because we grew up when we were dominant and everyone still expects that, rightly so tbh. I'm more of a realist and we have been through a lot of shit these past years and I think its getting a wee bit harder for some bears to take but patience is needed here if we keep changing manager/personnel we will always be where we are as it's to turbulent to settle in. Anyway no surrender. Better days are coming, WATP.

Sadly we now have a generation of Rangers fans who have never had a season ticket when we've won a legitimate trophy never mind a league.

Often they're the ones who scream loudest about standards and tradition without any real institutional knowledge of what a real Rangers side looks like.

You see it even on here and on social media, all these young guys who think everything is amazing one week and totally shite the next.

It'll continue until we start winning things again, but it's up to the guys who have been about for the last good Rangers sides to remind these youngsters what being Rangers is.

Agreed , I hang my head in shame when I see young people basically disrespecting our stadium , history and tradition by snorting cocaine from a bag in front of kids and the elderly , without a clue about football , no patience , sitting in their £2000 Canadian jackets thinking they know it all and berating the team st the first opportunity

Was the first time I nearly fought with a fellow bear over at a match. Was told to shove my Gerrard up my arse by a bear in his 20s outside the main stand for the simple crime of trying to defend our manager's decisions!

What on Earth has happened to our support in recent days. Far to quick to jump down each others throats and have a go at each other instead of fighting side by side. You wont find a bigger defender of the young bears than me but I'll admit to being left raging these past few nights over this.

Listen pal if you read this it's not on! Next time you meet a fellow bear out and about buy him a pint I know I will.. We've always had each others backs and it's our biggest strength as a support. Don't let that change over a few years of disappointing results. I will still be there on Saturday. Follow we will!
your the same as me mate although im 67,saw my first game when i was 8 in 1960,been going on and off to Ibrox due to work or travel,watched our great team of the late 50/60's,then suffered that lot win 9,then again we suffered for a few years,then won 9,after that we had good and bad runs,then they tried to kill us,now were slowly turning the corner,i can understand young bears frustration,i also critise the team as we are entitled to,but they and lots of other bears have to try and be patient,very hard i know,i only wish the young bear who confronted you sees this and offers an apology,keep the faith WATP

There are arseholes who support Rangers the same as there are arseholes who support every other football team in the world.

Always have been and always will be.

You have nailed it as your user name says , they have zero maturity or experience and if they don’t like what they see on the Park then they should bugger off do something else with their time you have to build success slowly.
I remember the age of "Rights of Passage" to maturity was around 14 to 21. Now-days they youngteam don't mature and take responsibility until they are in their 30's at least. They would never have survived in the 50's ,60's 70' or early 80's for that matter.

Some of our fans are boom and bust. It's creating a horrible feeling around the club. Some seem to revel in making Ibrox as hard to play in for rangers players as possible.
I was in the front govan gf1 yesterday, a guy with a say 3 year old kid and the father was pissed.
His language towards candeias and tav was shocking, i was embarassed.
They must have heard it, as it was so quiet.
Society in Scotland is shocking at the moment, i am 52 and the amount of mingers and neds now at Ibrox is beyond belief.

your the same as me mate although im 67,saw my first game when i was 8 in 1960,been going on and off to Ibrox due to work or travel,watched our great team of the late 50/60's,then suffered that lot win 9,then again we suffered for a few years,then won 9,after that we had good and bad runs,then they tried to kill us,now were slowly turning the corner,i can understand young bears frustration,i also critise the team as we are entitled to,but they and lots of other bears have to try and be patient,very hard i know,i only wish the young bear who confronted you sees this and offers an apology,keep the faith WATP

A young guy aged 27 coked out his nut in a Canada goose jacket , physically squaring up to a man near 70 over a difference of opinion at the football sickens me to be honest.

I’m in between those ages and I sometimes think in this day and age when men hit 60 they should be issued with a tazer that they are allowed to use say twice a year in order to stop these wee utter neds from acting the big man in front of their mates and intimidating the elderly to the point it could bring on a heart attack/stroke. Horrible .

Last edited:
I remember the age of "Rights of Passage" to maturity was around 14 to 21. Now-days they youngteam don't mature and take responsibility until they are in their 30's at least. They would never have survived in the 50's ,60's 70' or early 80's for that matter.

It’s a observation that not only could I have wrote personal my self any better that you have just written OP.

Those where my very thoughts on the subject.

It’s a problem that’s now endemic not just obviously at football grounds but now in society and how we fix that I don’t know. Very sad

I was in the front govan gf1 yesterday, a guy with a say 3 year old kid and the father was pissed.
His language towards candeias and tav was shocking, i was embarassed.
They must have heard it, as it was so quiet.
Society in Scotland is shocking at the moment, i am 52 and the amount of mingers and neds now at Ibrox is beyond belief.

So sad to hear this,

How we fix it almost that phrase “ broken Britain” comes to mind , I don’t know?

But for me would have to be systamtic all the way back to starting secondary school and late primary school to start to fix it for the next generation. So it’s more a government education problem.

The internet has not helped at all.

A young guy aged 27 coked out his nut in a Canada goose jacket , physically squaring up to a man near 70 over a difference of opinion at the football sickens me to be honest.

I’m in between those ages and I sometimes think in this day and age when men hit 60 they should be issued with a tazer that they are allowed to use say twice a year in order to stop these wee utter neds from acting the big man in front of their mates .

Just so sad and upsetting

I’m in between those ages and I sometimes think in this day and age when men hit 60 they should be issued with a tazer that they are allowed to use say twice a year in order to stop these wee utter neds from acting the big man in front of their mates .
The joggy bottoms that they wore for the past 4 days,
So sad to hear this,

How we fix it almost that phrase “ broken Britain” comes to mind , I don’t know?

But for me would have to be systamtic all the way back to starting secondary school and late primary school to start to fix it for the next generation. So it’s more a government education problem.

The internet has not helped at all.
what you need to remember is the kid is growing up listening to the fathers vile language and with a drink problem in my eyes.
I have noticed the amount of older decent looking guys in the govan recently and the ned element of the younger ones.
The govan when i was younger was full of the sensible ones.

I believe the system was broken when they took discipline out of the schools. Too many children now are in single parent homes with little or no discipline, and no authority figure to guide them. I remember getting the belt at School, and to this day I can honestly say I deserved it and was wiser and more respectful for it.
The education system has to change. There needs to be more of a focus on respect for each other ,for their communities and neighbors.
For a start I would introduce litter picking with in the Schools local areas to get the children to respect the place they live. It might sound a stupid idea to some, but it is an easy way to get children to think about their and their peers actions from an early age. Then have them visit old folks homes and help out. Serving snacks and getting to know the older generation and hopefully it leads to a better respect for themselves, family and neigbours.

I believe the system was broken when they took discipline out of the schools. Too many children now are in single parent homes with little or no discipline, and no authority figure to guide them. I remember getting the belt at School, and to this day I can honestly say I deserved it and was wiser and more respectful for it.
The education system has to change. There needs to be more of a focus on respect for each other ,for their communities and neighbors.
For a start I would introduce litter picking with in the Schools local areas to get the children to respect the place they live. It might sound a stupid idea to some, but it is an easy way to get children to think about their and their peers actions from an early age. Then have them visit old folks homes and help out. Serving snacks and getting to know the older generation and hopefully it leads to a better respect for themselves, family and neigbours.

I remember at school before we finished for Christmas everyone would bring in what we could be it tins of beans, soup, a loaf , chocolate whatever . Then we would make up “ hampers “ and go round the local community , elderly etc and give them a wee hamper . I don’t particularly like it at the time as it seemed a bit intimidating having to chap the door in a run down area but now I fully appreciate the reason and principle behind it .

I wonder if kids still do that these days ?

I remember at school before we finished for Christmas everyone would bring in what we could be it tins of beans, soup, a loaf , chocolate whatever . Then we would make up “ hampers “ and go round the local community , elderly etc and give them a wee hamper . I don’t particularly like it at the time as it seemed a bit intimidating having to chap the door in a run down area but now I fully appreciate the reason and principle behind it .

I wonder if kids still do that these days ?
Yes I remember doing that too. I also remember during the October harvest we would take in vegetables and some canned foods, and take them round to families who struggled.

I’m in between those ages and I sometimes think in this day and age when men hit 60 they should be issued with a tazer that they are allowed to use say twice a year in order to stop these wee utter neds from acting the big man in front of their mates and intimidating the elderly to the point it could bring on a heart attack/stroke. Horrible .

Regardless of his actions afterwards, that first line just makes the guy sound like an utter prick

Shell Suits.

Bring shellsuits back into fashion.

Makes recognition of the neds and throbbers so much easier.

You see someone in a shellsuit you don’t need to know any more about them.

You could even have it as a question on the season book application:

‘How many shellsuits do you own’

Put them all in the one area of the ground. Ask them to wear their red white and blue shellsuits on match day thus adding lots of colour.

Problem solved.

Shell Suits.

Bring shellsuits back into fashion.

Makes recognition of the neds and throbbers so much easier.

You see someone in a shellsuit you don’t need to know any more about them.

You could even have it as a question on the season book application:

‘How many shellsuits do you own’

Put them all in the one area of the ground. Ask them to wear their red white and blue shellsuits on match day thus adding lots of colour.

Problem solved.
..and if you see someone wearing a shellsuit with Velcro fasteners, you’ll probably be ok. He’s likely to be harmless.
Shellsuit and dress shoes? Maybe better given a wide berth.

Back