62 years old, been going to Ibrox for over 50 years, and Tuesday was the first time I nearly fought with a fellow bear over at a match.

Definitely a lot more arseholes who don’t know how to behave at the cup games.
Normally everyone’s there on their season ticket, so you know you need to get on with your neighbours at every match.

You see them at European games as well . Often with gelled forward hair , Canadian goose fancy jackets , shorts :oops:, Prada trainers , strutting around like they own the place out their tits on pcp or whatever the Fck they take these days .

Im glad I only take my son to season ticket games these days . I don’t know why I went home and away for around 15 years putting up with utter fuckwits half the time , or was it not as bad back then who knows maybe I’m just less tolerant of Ned culture than I used to be .

That's terrible I can't believe that happened to you.

I hope your okay and not upset.

What's the other side of the story then?

I said to my old man before the match people will be on the players back for misplaced passes without taking into account the wether. I know it’s the same for both teams but as we were the only team really attaking we had most of the ball. I walked round from the Copland to the main stand and could hardly see yet people moaning about players making mistakes.

Football can be quite an emotional game and at times and make you say or do things you wouldn’t do in any other walk of life.

I can understand the frustration of some fans as collectively we’ve all spent a ton of money buying ST, travel etc going to watch Rangers and the club itself has probably thrown more money at the team than we should have on the business side of things.

Lot of fans are frustrated that we don’t seem to be any closer to winning a trophy far less the league title than we were under Warbs.

Questions need to be asked quite frankly about this season as domestically results wise it’s hardly much better than Murty last season one or two games aside.

I get what your saying mate and it’s not on a younger man acting aggressive towards an older fellow bear that was uncalled for, but what we have here imo is that us fans have been through the wringer for a number of years and I feel that it’s now taking its toll on some of our younger followers whereas us older fans are wiser , I have witnessed a few scraps between fellow fans in the stands and outside grounds over the past 2 seasons and it’s not right so let’s hope sooner rather than later normal business resumes and we dominate this league again then hopefully everything will calm down .... WATP

Fans fighting amongst themselves is nothing new. Not defending the moron you mention by an means, just pointing out its not a new thing or something that is unique to us.

If the OP was at the cup final we lost 4-0 he would have seen some.

Some of our fans are boom and bust. It's creating a horrible feeling around the club. Some seem to revel in making Ibrox as hard to play in for rangers players as possible.

Well said. Haven’t said much since Tuesday but Ive genuinely been taken aback by the vitriol. Sure we are all disappointed and seeing another season fizzle out is a massive boot in the balls but I’m not ready to get rid of the manager as too many seem to be suggesting.

I can’t do managerial change year on year. It’s self destructive. I’ve seen enough good things to give him and his team more time.

Was the first time I nearly fought with a fellow bear over at a match. Was told to shove my Gerrard up my arse by a bear in his 20s outside the main stand for the simple crime of trying to defend our manager's decisions!

What on Earth has happened to our support in recent days. Far to quick to jump down each others throats and have a go at each other instead of fighting side by side. You wont find a bigger defender of the young bears than me but I'll admit to being left raging these past few nights over this.

Listen pal if you read this it's not on! Next time you meet a fellow bear out and about buy him a pint I know I will.. We've always had each others backs and it's our biggest strength as a support. Don't let that change over a few years of disappointing results. I will still be there on Saturday. Follow we will!

Great post.

You and me come from a similar era. I’m totally in the never boo the blue camp. Might have a wee debate about it away from the ground but I’d never allow it get heated with a fellow bear. Never.

Lastly, as MentalRay would have said before his strange disappearance from the forum “I’ll have a fucking pint with you!!” :))

The loudest noise the stadium made on Tuesday was when Candeias over-hit the cross across goal near the end of the first half.

That sums up how much the majority of the stadium 'supports' the team.

Some of our fans are boom and bust. It's creating a horrible feeling around the club. Some seem to revel in making Ibrox as hard to play in for rangers players as possible.

You're being generous with description of them as 'fans'. Playing spectators is a more accurate assessement really.

The sad reality is we have a large number of anti-social cretins in our number. And, personally speaking, if it wasn't for the fact I share a stadium to watch Rangers in their vicinity I wouldn't give them the time of day.

My sympathies fellow bear. Sadly it's a sign of the times. Lack of respect in all things even at our stadium. Please don't let it spoil your obvious support for our team. Remember Follow We Will.

It's society, most kids these days are disrespectful little shits that need their trouser pulled and they're arses smacked with a slipper.

Aye these things never happened in the past

Oh wait

Ally Ally get tae phuck.

Wallace must go.

Greig must go

All chants belted out at Ibrox.

OP dry yer eyes. We are what we are.

It’s probably something each generation says but for me, as a 43 year old, there seem to be a large number of young neds that give their generation a bad name.

Discipline is not what it was years ago and it shows.
Well said sir. Under 30s have grown up without enough discipline. They expect to be respected for just being. They are often bloody arrogant. And worst of all, it seems a decent chunk of them seem to thinks it's ok to snort bloody cocaine before and during matches. And that is a game changer in behaviour totally different to booze.

Well said sir. Under 30s have grown up without enough discipline. They expect to be respected for just being. They are often bloody arrogant. And worst of all, it seems a decent chunk of them seem to thinks it's ok to snort bloody cocaine before and during matches. And that is a game changer in behaviour totally different to booze.

As a dad of primary school age kids when I see under 30s these days it gives me the absolute fear . Snorting coke as openly as you or I would having a cup of hot bobtail at the game , no respect for anyone or anything, the swearing , aggression , big daft jackets at £1000 a pop .

I’ve seen groups of young lsssies on the subway lucky if they are 18 years old dressed in basically bikinis snorting coke dancing around and using utterly guttural language intimidating the elderly , just horrible to see and hear .

I hope my kids don’t end up this way it’s a terrifying thought TBH.

This isn’t just a Rangers thing the lack of respect is a worldwide first world issue.

Its not just football its society as we know it today ,I am 60 tomorrow and not sure what the future will bring ,but 55 is coming

when you go through the paltry years of some of the 70's and 80's you get used to periods like this. We will be back where we belong just might take a season longer. Young folks not blessed with a lot of patience I think.

Mate. Be fair. Any young bear under 24 hasn't seen us win a trophy in adulthood. They've endured worse than those that went through the late 70s/80s dry spell (when we still won 5 domestic cups). Guys in their late 20s are looking at their best supporting years being trophyless. Harsh to describe them as impatient.

As a dad of primary school age kids when I see under 30s these days it gives me the absolute fear . Snorting coke as openly as you or I would having a cup of hot bobtail at the game , no respect for anyone or anything, the swearing , aggression , big daft jackets at £1000 a pop .

I’ve seen groups of young lsssies on the subway lucky if they are 18 years old dressed in basically bikinis snorting coke dancing around and using utterly guttural language intimidating the elderly , just horrible to see and hear .

I hope my kids don’t end up this way it’s a terrifying thought TBH.

This isn’t just a Rangers thing the lack of respect is a worldwide first world issue.

Edgar on H and H says coke use was rife at games and on buses during Advocaats first season 21 years ago.

Edgar on H and H says coke use was rife at games and on buses during Advocaats first season 21 years ago.
If so the conveners should have kicked them off. Genuinely never knew anyone using coke back then. And I grew up going to Ultratheqe Manhattan and Cardinal Follies. Although that's closer to 40 years ago :((

Social media has given us a generation who crave instant gratification be it likes, thumbs up or wee smiley emoji, having to actually wait for something doesn’t appeal. Society itself has become less polite it’s all reflected in what you have seen inside Ibrox and probably every other ground in the country.

I’m not judging him we all did things when young I’m similar age to Edgar so I know there was some flying about even back then .

What I’m saying is nowadays people don’t even try and hide it, youngsters just tap a line onto the back of their hand and sniff it while in a queue for a programme , in front of the elderly , young kids , police .

Its appalling how blatant it is

Unfortunately it’s Society where no one gives a shit, and very little respect. Parking up the car early and seeing some of what they call Rangers Supporters, makes you wonder what their lives are all about, and it’s anything for a Swally.

I’m not judging him we all did things when young I’m similar age to Edgar so I know there was some flying about even back then .

What I’m saying is nowadays people don’t even try and hide it, youngsters just tap a line onto the back of their hand and sniff it while in a queue for a programme , in front of the elderly , young kids , police .

Agree that does sound much worse, but would it be happening if the previous generation (i.e. edgar, you*, myself etc.) hadn't opener pandoras box 20 years back? Not sure we can not judge edgar for doing coke in a way that was acceptable to us, but then chide the young team for crossing our own imaginary lines.

*you as part of the generation. Not that you were necessarily doing it

Plenty of arseholes within out support. There are also plenty of idiots. It worries me going by social media what people think and what people think it is acceptable

Also I think alot of people are coming to the end of their tether regarding being constantly attacked by media etc and the board doing fûck all about it.

I know plenty of younger bears who do it and the one reason they do it according to them whenever I ask? The team.

They say the team is letting them down everytime so instead of going to Ibrox to enjoy watching Rangers the highlight for them is doing lines before and at HT as well as swapping drink smuggled in for water in paper cups that gets done in the toilets (hence you'll always find the empty bottle lying at the side).

Now I personally feel as if its a Celtic thing, a left wing craze that we seem to have developed unlike an upstanding Protestant Rangers supporter should be.

So there's your answer laid bare, not fun going to watch Rangers anymore, more fun doing drink and drugs before and during the game. Not to mention their highlight (especially a night game) will be heading straight into town after the game (why a lot of younger fans won't be seen wearing colours as you can't get into clubs with it on).

So here's a new argument for fans to discuss on the thread.

Given you’re 60and he was 20 I think you did well not to start swinging m8. I’m ages with you but sometimes forget that fact when I get angry

Don't let these dafties get to you OP. I remember coming out the 0-0 game v Fiorentina at Ibrox in 2008 arguing with a guy who wanted Smith sacked for boring football.

Stevie G is not above criticism by any means but comments like that are out of order especially coming from one Bear to another.

With 50 years service behind you, you answer to nobody.

Most gear is shite; all it gives you is anxiety and palpitations and you can get that just from watching Rangers.

Shite experience but nothing new. The night Cammy Fraser made the tit sign after scoring to the fans prompted many a scrap in a bizarre night that saw ted McMinn do a strange dance around one of the on pitch flags. It’s a sign of complete frustration and years of built up passion with no trophy to celebrate. And fannies, always fannies.

[QUOTE="cooprfc, post: 3269356, member: 3252"]Some of our fans are boom and bust. It's creating a horrible feeling around the club. Some seem to revel in making Ibrox as hard to play in for rangers players as possible.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. There seems to be a collective amnesia over our best-known anthem:

Though the straits be broad or narrow, follow we will

By Christ have we navigated some narrow straits these past 6 years but 6 years in the context of our history is the blink of an eye.

Mind you, given that wee fannies can't spell, they probably think the word is, 'streets'.

on the topic of sniffing gear at games and coming from someone who used to partake..

after a line I'd spend the rest of the game standing there in silence, mind going 100 mph para as %^*& thinking everyone is looking at me. Starting a fight would be the last thing to cross my mind, especially if I was out my nut on gear.

dont get me wrong sounds like I'm defending it but what I'm trying to say is if you're an arsehole then you're an arsehole with or without it so don't think it's fair to be putting any sort of blame on it. everyone is just wired up differently..

Back in my auld raving days late 80s early 90s Acid, speed and Eccies were all the rage. Coke was on the go but at that time was very expensive compared to speed and hard to come by. Now just about anyone can get Coke just like going for a loaf and costs less now than it did back then.

Was the first time I nearly fought with a fellow bear over at a match. Was told to shove my Gerrard up my arse by a bear in his 20s outside the main stand for the simple crime of trying to defend our manager's decisions!

What on Earth has happened to our support in recent days. Far to quick to jump down each others throats and have a go at each other instead of fighting side by side. You wont find a bigger defender of the young bears than me but I'll admit to being left raging these past few nights over this.

Listen pal if you read this it's not on! Next time you meet a fellow bear out and about buy him a pint I know I will.. We've always had each others backs and it's our biggest strength as a support. Don't let that change over a few years of disappointing results. I will still be there on Saturday. Follow we will!
Nearly did the same when we got beat at Livi at the start of the season. Idiot bears shouting for Gerrard to be sacked. He hadn't had time to unpack his bags.
What a fickle lot we are.

Back