7 of our next 9 league matches away from home

bigy

I know we've won them all - but our away performances in Scotland to date haven't been great. We really need to pick things up.

Killie we dug deep but performance was rank, and we struggled against St Mirren, St Johnstone and Livingston in the cup.

bigy

Someone with a suspicious mind could argue that it has been fixed that if Rangers progress in the cup competitions, it is our home games that get postponed and we end up with a horrendous run of matches top heavy with away fixtures.

As has been said we take one game at a time and I think we have a squad able to cope with the demand. Staying clear of injuries and suspension is key.
To date we've played 5 of 8 at home while they've played 5 of 8 away. Also in that period we'll probably have the re-arranged St Johnstone game (postponed for league cup semi), and the OP has missed out Ross County at home in December so it's more like 7 of 11 away.

Wang

7th of December. We're pencilled in for Ross County at home but wont happen until February if we reach it.
I wish the website would highlight which games could potentially be moved.

I have friends who’ve made travel arrangements to attend the Ross County game.

Website showing we’re home to Hearts the Saturday before so could try to change their flights and go to that instead....only the website is wrong, the Hearts match is on the Sunday!!

Really poor.

George Goudie

Official Ticketer
Assuming we both get to the league cup final, would I be correct in saying we will only play 9 games in the run up to the OF game but they will play 10? (I think cause the Hibs Game for us is on the Friday so they can play an extra midweek game)

With our game in hand not being played potentially until February?
That's surely true if we progress.

Bugger.

Means we'll spend over a month with s game in hand. Damn.

Kris1872

Official Ticketer
If we get out the next 9 fixtures still top of the league I will be confident we can go all the way. its going to be a severe challenge but we can do this Rangers.

FEAR NO FOE!

Worthy_Candidate

What are the league games immediately after EL fixtures?

These are the only games that give me any cause for concern. Not arrogance at all it’s just that the standard of opponent in the SPFL is the worst in my living memory and I am closer to 50 than 40.

The only thing that will beat us is fatigue- both mental and physical.

Blue Tack

No excuses

No inferiority complex

Just go and beat teams that are well below our level ,we are a class above .

I think we can steam roller many of these teams .

Kimarcus

What are the league games immediately after EL fixtures?

These are the only games that give me any cause for concern. Not arrogance at all it’s just that the standard of opponent in the SPFL is the worst in my living memory and I am closer to 50 than 40.

The only thing that will beat us is fatigue- both mental and physical.
Motherwell at Home after Porto away.

Livingston away after Porto at home.

Hearts at home after Feyenoord away.

Motherwell away after Young Boys at home.

Big Buff

I know we've won them all - but our away performances in Scotland to date haven't been great. We really need to pick things up.

Killie we dug deep but performance was rank, and we struggled against St Mirren, St Johnstone and Livingston in the cup.
We absolutely bodied St Johnstone second half.

theateam

I wish the website would highlight which games could potentially be moved.

I have friends who’ve made travel arrangements to attend the Ross County game.

Website showing we’re home to Hearts the Saturday before so could try to change their flights and go to that instead....only the website is wrong, the Hearts match is on the Sunday!!

Really poor.
Website still had us playing Accies on Saturday.

Sebo1872

F S that's a torrid run of fixtures that.

If we are still top after those next 9 league games i will be a hell of a lot more confident that this is the year their dominance will be ended.

BSPECIAL

That “random” fixture list is a phucking joke

If we can win 7 or 8 of these games it will be superb but this schedule and 3 games away games in a row x 2 needs questioned

Sick of the corruption
Random picked fixtures by a celtic supporting compiler.A fact. Once again only 1 home game in November for the 3rd season in a row. Strange or what.

two2tango

Official Ticketer
Motherwell at Home after Porto away.

Livingston away after Porto at home.

Hearts at home after Feyenoord away.

Motherwell away after Young Boys at home.
That’s decent home games after away games in Europe and away games after home games

At least we are not away twice in a row

The scum must be the opposite then

Hone home away away perfect

Thomsons tackle

If we can win 7 or 8 of these games it will be superb but this schedule and 3 games away games in a row x 2 needs questioned

Sick of the corruption
And I'm sick of people moaning about it. Go on kerrydale street and you'll see the same complaints. We can't both be being shafted. We've had a good run of fixtures to start so it stands to reason we're now due a tougher schedule.

Gaz030191

I take nothing for Granted, buy not so worried about the first lot of those games. Its December that's crucial. After the winter break we've not a terrible run of games either.

In December we have Hearts(H), Aberdeen(A), Ross County(H), Motherwell (A), Hibs (A), Killie (H) and Celtic(A).

Throw in the young boys game, and a possible cup final and we have 9 games in 28 days. We're going to need to really rotate the squad through that time.

If we come out the other end of that still in Europe, with a cup, and top of the league (even on goal difference) that would be absolutely incredible.

chickenhawk

Sick of the corruption
Its a nonsense. How hard is it to organize H A H A H A H etc .

Forza_Napoli

The four teams you mentioned are all awkward teams to play might be the poorer teams in the league but they all play 10 men behind the ball two of them play in plastic. Aberdeen Motherwell hibs and hearts will all have ago and this will suit us far better

Blaew

Imagine for 1 second the shoe was on the other foot?

Absolutely ridiculous.
They had a similar issue last season because of the LC final where they ended up with three away games on the bounce. They only won one if I remember rightly.

Its just the way with the November December fixture list and cramming the LC into the first Half of the season.

temperance

Every other team in the league have played even home and away except us and the filth, surely it’s not that difficult.

temperance

So that means after 17 games we will have played 7 home and 10 away, whilst the beasts will be the opposite?

Graemeh89

Official Ticketer
Never understood why it’s not always Home-Away-Home-Away and so on , obv re-arranges fixtures could mess that up slightly but shouldn’t be that many away matches on a run of 9 games.

bigy

The OP is wrong - he'd missed out the fact that the St Johnstone game scheduled for the league cup semi weekend will be rescheduled, plus a game v Ross County at home has been missed out. Plus the game after those '11' is Killie. So in reality 7 of the next 12 are away which will mean we'll have played 10 home/10 away (as only 3 of our first 8 were away).

Barker96

The OP is wrong - he'd missed out the fact that the St Johnstone game scheduled for the league cup semi weekend will be rescheduled, plus a game v Ross County at home has been missed out. Plus the game after those '11' is Killie. So in reality 7 of the next 12 are away which will mean we'll have played 10 home/10 away (as only 3 of our first 8 were away).
I'm not wrong. I clearly mention this is how our fixtures will look if we reach the league cup final. The St Johnstone and Ross County games cannot be rescheduled until after the winter break.

If we reach the league cup final we will have 7/9 league games away from home before Christmas or 8/11 before the winter break. Fact.

Kimarcus

I'm not wrong. I clearly mention this is how our fixtures will look if we reach the league cup final. The St Johnstone and Ross County games cannot be rescheduled until after the winter break.

If we reach the league cup final we will have 7/9 league games away from home before Christmas or 8/11 before the winter break. Fact.
Exactly. Which means if we are in touching distance at the break we will be in a good spot as we will have a build up of home games while they will have a whole bunch away.