7 of our next 9 league matches away from home

They are complaining about having to 5 away from home and that’s the reason we are top.

We must go into the winter shut down ahead of the bead rattlers to have any chance of winning the league IMO.
Well they should have no excuses for the next run of games. Thankfully we've got a big squad and should have Kent, Jones, Jack and Aribo back fit after the break.

I remember when league fixtures used to be home, away, home,away, home etc what is this fluked up shit of 2 blocks of 3 away games in a row all about ? Between this and then the unfathomable league split where teams end up playing some teams more than others is a joke. And people wonder why Scottish football is so shit.

The last 4 of those are certainly not pretty but, imo, we are so potent that teams are going to have to score 3 times to beat us. That ain't gonna happen often.

It won't happen at all mate.

Do some people think the League ends at Christmas? We'll end up playing the same number of home and away games as them and everyone else.

Stewart is the key to lot of these games. He gives us something different and his movement is fantastic and causes panic.
What a weird run of fixtures? Why are we home and away so many times in a row. Very weird.

Frustrating that Aberdeen away just isn't the same challenge for them as it is for us. Hard to see them dropping many points before Xmas with that many home games.

I know it's early and after last season's post New Year fade, it's worth a look.

Second place team have an extra game in the same time frame and some tricky home and away games. If we can get to Christmas still top it could get very interesting.
Sat, 19th OctRoss County(H)
Sun, 27th OctAberdeen(A)
Wed, 30th OctSt Mirren(H)
Sun, 10th NovMotherwell(H)
Sat, 23rd NovLivingston(H)
Sun, 1st DecRoss County(A)
Wed, 4th DecHamilton(H)
Sun, 15th DecHibernian(H)
Wed, 18th DecHearts(A)
Sat, 21st DecAberdeen(H)

The last 4 of those are certainly not pretty but, imo, we are so potent that teams are going to have to score 3 times to beat us. That ain't gonna happen often.
December is a really tough month with the tims away at the end. I actually fancy us away to them. If we're top on 1st of jan we'll be in a really good position having come through those fixtures..

It's a tough run but if we get through that with a decent points haul we'll be in great shape for the start of next year.
All these games are do-able so just do it Rangers!

Our next 2 away games after that lot are Celtic then Hearts ffs.

I dread to think of the carnage on here if we drop points in the first away game of this upcoming run at tynecastle.

If I was offered 23 points out of 27 now I would take it and would be very confident that we would still be top of the league. 27 out of 27 would be incredible but it is highly unlikely.

Assuming we both get to the league cup final, would I be correct in saying we will only play 9 games in the run up to the OF game but they will play 10? (I think cause the Hibs Game for us is on the Friday so they can play an extra midweek game)

With our game in hand not being played potentially until February?

We’ve had 5 of 8 at home so far. It was always going to get a bit tougher.

We’ve got the squad to deal with it.

Fûcking send it on.

Assuming we both get to the league cup final, would I be correct in saying we will only play 9 games in the run up to the OF game but they will play 10? (I think cause the Hibs Game for us is on the Friday so they can play an extra midweek game)

With our game in hand not being played potentially until February?

Yes mate. Arguably helps us as December is the busiest period of the season, so it's good that we have a slightly lighter fixture list I'd say.

We certainly haven't been potent against teams away from home this season domestically!

We struggled against Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Livingston as well as first half against St Johnstone.

Clearly deserved to win all 4 but we certainly aren't doing teams the way we are at Ibrox. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, we will more than likely drop points over these 9 games.

We must go into the winter shut down ahead of the bead rattlers to have any chance of winning the league IMO.
Really? Our fixtures after the break to the split are very favourable with many home games. If we are within touching distance b behind going into the break we will be in a good spot imo.

I imagine that the people moaning about these fixtures are the same ones who were over the moon at such a straightforward start to the season.

I long for the days that a challenging set of fixtures doesn't have Rangers fans moaning about how unfair it is.

Assuming we get to the final of the league cup this is how it will look:

Hearts v Rangers (A)
Rangers v Motherwell (H)
Ross County v Rangers (A)
Livingston v Rangers
(A)
Hamilton v Rangers
(A)
Rangers v Hearts (H)
Aberdeen v Rangers (A)
Motherwell v Rangers
(A)
Hibs v Rangers
(A)

Lots of tricky away days in there. Should be a really interesting test for our squad and will tell us a lot about how this title race will pan out.

If we come out of that run still on top we've got to be over the moon.
My Predictions:
Hearts v Rangers (A) - W
Rangers v Motherwell (H) - W
Ross County v Rangers (A) - W
Livingston v Rangers
(A) - D
Hamilton v Rangers
(A) - W
Rangers v Hearts (H) - W
Aberdeen v Rangers (A) - W
Motherwell v Rangers
(A) - W
Hibs v Rangers
(A) - D

Those other teams will be more worried about playing us than we are about playing them.
Exactly, i don't have the fear playing anyone anymore because we have good players who don't even make the 18 never mind the starting 11, also the emergence of Stewart has increased my confidence levels by 20%

Of course we will drop stupid points in games we don't expect but we won't drop many

It really is exciting, i would just love it if we could get 4 or 5 ahead of them and give ourselves a little leeway for slipping up

Assuming we get to the final of the league cup this is how it will look:

Hearts v Rangers (A)
Rangers v Motherwell (H)
Ross County v Rangers (A)
Livingston v Rangers
(A)
Hamilton v Rangers
(A)
Rangers v Hearts (H)
Aberdeen v Rangers (A)
Motherwell v Rangers
(A)
Hibs v Rangers
(A)

Lots of tricky away days in there. Should be a really interesting test for our squad and will tell us a lot about how this title race will pan out.

If we come out of that run still on top we've got to be over the moon.
You have forgotten to include the postponed home league game v st Johnstone when we meet hearts in the semifinal probably in December but hibs on Friday night seriously decks us as we play Sunday then Friday which would normally see the postponed game taking place between these 2 ( like the poets)

We need to keep grounded, we have won nothing yet. Big tests to come for sure think if we can lift the league cup would put us on track big time, give players confidence. We don't have many in our squad that have won much.

Other thing is for the fans especially on here to keep a sense of perspective when things don't go to plan.

It’s this type of run of games that will tell us exactly where we are.

I’m actually very confident.

No reason we can’t win every single one of those.

However, and as ever, we need to be focused on Hearts away and nothing else right now. One game at a time

A lot of naiive comments on here. We’ve only had 3 away games and 2 of them were a real struggle. This run of games will be a huge challenge and 27 points is very unlikely considering we will be playing midweek a lot of the time.

23 points from that will see us still top of the league and that will be a big ask no question as many of those games will be after tough Europa games

We need to be winning at Tynecastle.
This is the game that can build momentum.
So important we get the three points here.

Agree 100%.

Tynecastle is huge.

Yes hearts are not in good form however they will raise their game at a full tynecastle and we willbe in for a scrap.

I we can start this run of very difficult away fixtures with 3 points it will augur well for our title chances.

Massive game.

Last season that run of games would have finished our title bid off.

Each game is obviously winnable. If we come through those games on top of the league it will send a real message of intend.

I do still think we are going to have to win at Parkhead to win the title. On our day, we can absolutely achieve that result.

Stewart is the key to lot of these games. He gives us something different and his movement is fantastic and causes panic.
What a weird run of fixtures? Why are we home and away so many times in a row. Very weird.

Id say the random calculator has dishes or so gteed that scum have now gone hand after the split than us

Agree 100%.

Tynecastle is huge.

Yes hearts are not in good form however they will raise their game at a full tynecastle and we willbe in for a scrap.

I we can start this run of very difficult away fixtures with 3 points it will augur well for our title chances.

Massive game.

It’s huge. Putting the tims under pressure is vital. Having them go into their match 5 points behind and trailing in 2nd is so alien to them I bet some of them feel sick at the thought. The fans certainly will be. The place will go absolutely nuclear if Ross County somehow manage to take the lead, and the players will know it, including the county players...

This looks shit on paper but in reality if the gaffer gets this team at it for every one of these games then we should see this phase of fixtures out without too much damage.

Back