7 of our next 9 league matches away from home

Remember, a few of these games we will be playing off the back of a Thursday night European game then a SPL away game straight after

Loads of football to play, but if we are within 2 points of Celtic at the winter break after that run of matches we will win the league imo

It’s huge. Putting the tims under pressure is vital. Having them go into their match 5 points behind and trailing in 2nd is so alien to them I bet some of them feel sick at the thought. The fans certainly will be. The place will go absolutely nuclear if Ross County somehow manage to take the lead, and the players will know it, including the county players...
We are playing at Tynecastle the day after their game on the Saturday.

In fact, if we get to the League Cup final, we won't be playing a game before them in a game week until Motherwell away on the 15th of December.

It’s huge. Putting the tims under pressure is vital. Having them go into their match 5 points behind and trailing in 2nd is so alien to them I bet some of them feel sick at the thought. The fans certainly will be. The place will go absolutely nuclear if Ross County somehow manage to take the lead, and the players will know it, including the county players...

Agreed.

Except mentally challengeds not tims:cool:

Assuming we get to the final of the league cup this is how it will look:

Hearts v Rangers (A)
Rangers v Motherwell (H)
Ross County v Rangers (A)
Livingston v Rangers
(A)
Hamilton v Rangers
(A)
Rangers v Hearts (H)
Aberdeen v Rangers (A)
Motherwell v Rangers
(A)
Hibs v Rangers
(A)

Lots of tricky away days in there. Should be a really interesting test for our squad and will tell us a lot about how this title race will pan out.

If we come out of that run still on top we've got to be over the moon.
I predict 27 pts from this section of games and to be at least 5 pts clear at the top!

I’ve always thought that if we can come through this run of fixtures upto the winter break then 2020 sees us start with a lot of home fixtures if u included the 2 home games to be rescheduled against Ross county and st Johnstone. If we are top or still in touch I.e one or two points behind I think we will go on to win the league

That play on the Saturday, so the most likely scenario is we go to Tynecastle needing to win to go back top.

Yes correct! how the F**K did this come about??

There really isn’t any conspiracy here, we’re victims of our own success, 2 homes games will have to be postponed, 1 for the semi final and another for the final assuming we get there.

They will even themselves out, the best way of looking at it is that if we can get through this period as unscathed as possible, we’ll have a long run of home ties after Xmas and they’ll have the opposite, and thats when the pressure will really heat up.

That’s why it’s really important not to read anything into the title race until we’ve both played circa 19 games, through a complete round of fixtures.

Another one of these threads.

Who cares the order we play these teams? The fixtures are played regardless. Get over it .
I know, it’s embarrassing. Some people think there’s a conspiracy about absolutely everything!

A genuine Rangers title winning side wins most of those fixtures, either easily or by scraping a couple of 1-0s the way Walters sides used to. I say bring it on.

We will drop points in a couple of those matches, probably.

We will struggle to break a couple of teams down in the final third. It is what it is. Don't be stressing.

NS. 55.

December is a really tough month with the tims away at the end. I actually fancy us away to them. If we're top on 1st of jan we'll be in a really good position having come through those fixtures..
wee lenny is asking his boss to fix december, its no fair having to play 9 games in 29 days so it is. never forget 2008

I never understand the whinging about runs like this. The day this results in more always than homes I'll get it, until that point any tricky run will be matched by an easier run at some point.

How the hell is that even fair?

So far we’ve played 8 games, 5 at home and 3 away.

You’d expect that to be more or less mirrored in the next 8, but 7 away out of the next 9 is actually outrageous.

I’m guessing Timbo has a much more favourable sequence?

Someone with a suspicious mind could argue that it has been fixed that if Rangers progress in the cup competitions, it is our home games that get postponed and we end up with a horrendous run of matches top heavy with away fixtures.

As has been said we take one game at a time and I think we have a squad able to cope with the demand. Staying clear of injuries and suspension is key.

Assuming we get to the final of the league cup this is how it will look:

Hearts v Rangers (A)
Rangers v Motherwell (H)
Ross County v Rangers (A)
Livingston v Rangers
(A)
Hamilton v Rangers
(A)
Rangers v Hearts (H)
Aberdeen v Rangers (A)
Motherwell v Rangers
(A)
Hibs v Rangers
(A)

Lots of tricky away days in there. Should be a really interesting test for our squad and will tell us a lot about how this title race will pan out.

If we come out of that run still on top we've got to be over the moon.

If we want to bring home 55 its these games we need to win.

I know we've won them all - but our away performances in Scotland to date haven't been great. We really need to pick things up.

Killie we dug deep but performance was rank, and we struggled against St Mirren, St Johnstone and Livingston in the cup.

Someone with a suspicious mind could argue that it has been fixed that if Rangers progress in the cup competitions, it is our home games that get postponed and we end up with a horrendous run of matches top heavy with away fixtures.

As has been said we take one game at a time and I think we have a squad able to cope with the demand. Staying clear of injuries and suspension is key.

To date we've played 5 of 8 at home while they've played 5 of 8 away. Also in that period we'll probably have the re-arranged St Johnstone game (postponed for league cup semi), and the OP has missed out Ross County at home in December so it's more like 7 of 11 away.

7th of December. We're pencilled in for Ross County at home but wont happen until February if we reach it.

I wish the website would highlight which games could potentially be moved.

I have friends who’ve made travel arrangements to attend the Ross County game.

Website showing we’re home to Hearts the Saturday before so could try to change their flights and go to that instead....only the website is wrong, the Hearts match is on the Sunday!!

Really poor.

Assuming we both get to the league cup final, would I be correct in saying we will only play 9 games in the run up to the OF game but they will play 10? (I think cause the Hibs Game for us is on the Friday so they can play an extra midweek game)

With our game in hand not being played potentially until February?

That's surely true if we progress.

Bugger.

Means we'll spend over a month with s game in hand. Damn.

If we get out the next 9 fixtures still top of the league I will be confident we can go all the way. its going to be a severe challenge but we can do this Rangers.

FEAR NO FOE!

What are the league games immediately after EL fixtures?

These are the only games that give me any cause for concern. Not arrogance at all it’s just that the standard of opponent in the SPFL is the worst in my living memory and I am closer to 50 than 40.

The only thing that will beat us is fatigue- both mental and physical.

No excuses

No inferiority complex

Just go and beat teams that are well below our level ,we are a class above .

I think we can steam roller many of these teams .

What are the league games immediately after EL fixtures?

These are the only games that give me any cause for concern. Not arrogance at all it’s just that the standard of opponent in the SPFL is the worst in my living memory and I am closer to 50 than 40.

The only thing that will beat us is fatigue- both mental and physical.
Motherwell at Home after Porto away.

Livingston away after Porto at home.

Hearts at home after Feyenoord away.

Motherwell away after Young Boys at home.

I know we've won them all - but our away performances in Scotland to date haven't been great. We really need to pick things up.

Killie we dug deep but performance was rank, and we struggled against St Mirren, St Johnstone and Livingston in the cup.
We absolutely bodied St Johnstone second half.

I wish the website would highlight which games could potentially be moved.

I have friends who’ve made travel arrangements to attend the Ross County game.

Website showing we’re home to Hearts the Saturday before so could try to change their flights and go to that instead....only the website is wrong, the Hearts match is on the Sunday!!

Really poor.
Website still had us playing Accies on Saturday.

F S that's a torrid run of fixtures that.

If we are still top after those next 9 league games i will be a hell of a lot more confident that this is the year their dominance will be ended.

That “random” fixture list is a phucking joke

If we can win 7 or 8 of these games it will be superb but this schedule and 3 games away games in a row x 2 needs questioned

Sick of the corruption
Random picked fixtures by a celtic supporting compiler.A fact. Once again only 1 home game in November for the 3rd season in a row. Strange or what.

Motherwell at Home after Porto away.

Livingston away after Porto at home.

Hearts at home after Feyenoord away.

Motherwell away after Young Boys at home.

That’s decent home games after away games in Europe and away games after home games

At least we are not away twice in a row

The scum must be the opposite then

Hone home away away perfect

That “random” fixture list is a phucking joke

If we can win 7 or 8 of these games it will be superb but this schedule and 3 games away games in a row x 2 needs questioned

Sick of the corruption

And I'm sick of people moaning about it. Go on kerrydale street and you'll see the same complaints. We can't both be being shafted. We've had a good run of fixtures to start so it stands to reason we're now due a tougher schedule.

I take nothing for Granted, buy not so worried about the first lot of those games. Its December that's crucial. After the winter break we've not a terrible run of games either.

In December we have Hearts(H), Aberdeen(A), Ross County(H), Motherwell (A), Hibs (A), Killie (H) and Celtic(A).

Throw in the young boys game, and a possible cup final and we have 9 games in 28 days. We're going to need to really rotate the squad through that time.

If we come out the other end of that still in Europe, with a cup, and top of the league (even on goal difference) that would be absolutely incredible.

Back