70s footballers hair

Kenny Burns with his balls hanging out.

EVlpMB_XYAETXSr.jpg
Rangers mad and unfortunately rejected by Rangers as a youngster could you imagine this nutcase in an old firm game,it would have been tremendous

Rangers mad and unfortunately rejected by Rangers as a youngster could you imagine this nutcase in an old firm game,it would have been tremendous
The rumour was that Clough only signed him for Forest because he heard Burns was a qualified spark and Clough wanted his house rewired on the cheap.

That story probably the thing that's hanging down out Kenny's shorts there, but I choose to believe it.

Used to play 5's with a guy who had hair like Bobby Charlton. When he ran it all sort of flew behind him, was a sight to behold.
He would not get it cut no matter how much we slagged him.
Worked with a guy like that. His combover would always flop down one side no matter how much he swept it back.

We nicknamed him Phil Oakey.

That was a mildly amusing nickname in the early 80s.

The rumour was that Clough only signed him for Forest because he heard Burns was a qualified spark and Clough wanted his house rewired on the cheap.

That story probably the thing that's hanging down out Kenny's shorts there, but I choose to believe it.
Could have been Stuart Pearce as well. There's a story that Clough got him to fix his wife's iron.

George Berry then:

a7b30a12384275b628d18f1525bd92e9.jpg

George Berry now:

george-berry-footballer-f373ec9b-48a6-4d8e-baa3-06d59208d4c-resize-750.jpeg
George Berry then:

George Berry now:

George Berry then:

George Berry now:

Those Admiral football shirts take me back to my youth, had the Coventry City home shirt then, and i've now got the brown away top from the late 70's with the No 10 on the back worn by Ian Wallace...... would love to get a hold of that Wales top as well, with the iconic twin stripes down the front.

Loved
Loved collecting the chewing gum cards.
Very early memories for me (born 73) but I remember the Rangers and Scotland ones in the late 70s fairly vividly (probably my older brother really that was buying them). For some reason, Pettigrew is always one of the other club players that I remember from those days.

Used to play 5's with a guy who had hair like Bobby Charlton. When he ran it all sort of flew behind him, was a sight to behold.
He would not get it cut no matter how much we slagged him.
He would have been to embarrassed to get it cut. !

Very early memories for me (born 73) but I remember the Rangers and Scotland ones in the late 70s fairly vividly (probably my older brother really that was buying them). For some reason, Pettigrew is always one of the other club players that I remember from those days.
Think i had Pettigrew in most of my packets.
Bloody doublers. !

Those Admiral football shirts take me back to my youth, had the Coventry City home shirt then, and i've now got the brown away top from the late 70's with the No 10 on the back worn by Ian Wallace...... would love to get a hold of that Wales top as well, with the iconic twin stripes down the front.

Ditto would love to find an original god knows how much it would set me back tho.

Ditto would love to find an original god knows how much it would set me back tho.
Original Coventry City chocolate brown away shirt from 1978, wait for it.......£2000 on eBay.
Think it was one of a couple of hundred brought out, they got panned as the worst strip ever, i hated it too, but now i've got a remake of one.
Not saw a proper Wales one though, might ask them if they'll bring one out.

Bobby Charlton was asked a few years ago if it had been the fashion to shave your head when he was playing, would he have done it? Bobby replied "What do you think?"
I remember Bobby Charlton saying that if he’d had a full head of hair he’d never have scored with that header against Benfica in 1968 at Wembley :)

Original Coventry City chocolate brown away shirt from 1978, wait for it.......£2000 on eBay.
Think it was one of a couple of hundred brought out, they got panned as the worst strip ever, i hated it too, but now i've got a remake of one.

I remember that brown shirt from the terrible shirts thread a while back. If they are that limited 2k is very believable. I have a couple Rangers shirts from the mid 70’s other than that its all the usual stuff lilac, 9 in a row, shame game etc etc. I really only collect Rangers shirt but would love to go back and pick up some of the Wales ones.

I had the light blue Admiral home Coventry kit as a youngster, and the yellow home Leeds United. These Admiral kits, including Wales, were all the same template. They were very different to other strips back then, especially the shorts.

When did men with thinning hair just start embracing it and shave it?
My father did it in the very early 80s after spending a fortune on a wig. How he thought finishing work on a Friday with a bald head and then going in on Monday with a full head of hair wouldn’t go unnoticed in the first place. He told me it felt like he was wearing a hat and it made him sweat like mad. After going with it for a few weeks he took it off his head in the pub one night and got it shaved to the wood the next day.

as my genetic make up is obviously linked to my old man I too started losing my hair fairly early, first noticed it in my late teens and by the age of 20 I just shaved it with a bare clipper blade and have been the same since, had same haircut for last 25 years now LOL. Only difference is the grey flecks in it now.

men trying to cover up being bald should just embrace it and shave it off,

I remember that brown shirt from the terrible shirts thread a while back. If they are that limited 2k is very believable. I have a couple Rangers shirts from the mid 70’s other than that its all the usual stuff lilac, 9 in a row, shame game etc etc. I really only collect Rangers shirt but would love to go back and pick up some of the Wales ones.
Had a look mate, JD Sports do a vintage Admiral Wales shirt for £25, looks pretty good.

Some of these guys are in their mid-20s. It isn’t just the barnet, but some look 50. What’s happened? Is moisturiser really that good?

Back