70s footballers hair

I had the light blue Admiral home Coventry kit as a youngster, and the yellow home Leeds United. These Admiral kits, including Wales, were all the same template. They were very different to other strips back then, especially the shorts.
I had the home Coventry strip in the 70's, loved it, forgot Leeds had the Admiral kit as well, yes they were class football tops.

Rangers mad and unfortunately rejected by Rangers as a youngster could you imagine this nutcase in an old firm game,it would have been tremendous
Dad grew up with him , said he left Rangers due to timekeeping and not being smart enough nowt to do with ability .

Is that a baccy tin they have given him?
Brillcream tin
We're you working as a waitress in a cocktail bar ? :))
9aac91604f876a8f10d53c6109e46dd6.jpg
HER FLICK

My father did it in the very early 80s after spending a fortune on a wig. How he thought finishing work on a Friday with a bald head and then going in on Monday with a full head of hair wouldn’t go unnoticed in the first place. He told me it felt like he was wearing a hat and it made him sweat like mad. After going with it for a few weeks he took it off his head in the pub one night and got it shaved to the wood the next day.

as my genetic make up is obviously linked to my old man I too started losing my hair fairly early, first noticed it in my late teens and by the age of 20 I just shaved it with a bare clipper blade and have been the same since, had same haircut for last 25 years now LOL. Only difference is the grey flecks in it now.

men trying to cover up being bald should just embrace it and shave it off,
I noticed in my mid 20s my widow's peak was getting harder to hide. Started shaving it off a few years later. I just turned 39 last week and it doesnt bother me now. To think I had a mullet from 2000 till 2003 too.

When
My father did it in the very early 80s after spending a fortune on a wig. How he thought finishing work on a Friday with a bald head and then going in on Monday with a full head of hair wouldn’t go unnoticed in the first place. He told me it felt like he was wearing a hat and it made him sweat like mad. After going with it for a few weeks he took it off his head in the pub one night and got it shaved to the wood the next day.

as my genetic make up is obviously linked to my old man I too started losing my hair fairly early, first noticed it in my late teens and by the age of 20 I just shaved it with a bare clipper blade and have been the same since, had same haircut for last 25 years now LOL. Only difference is the grey flecks in it now.

men trying to cover up being bald should just embrace it and shave it off,
When he was shelling out for an expensive wig, did he think.......to pay or not to pay. !

Alan Rough -

sas%20101%20Alan%20Rough.jpg

Not so much about the hair, but this frightening looking bloke was called Daniel Killer (Argentina 78 WC squad member) -

132365710.jpg

Forbes Phillipson-Masters (played for Saints, Bournemouth, Argyle)

$(KGrHqZHJBQE+JeDk(fPBP5ZRdDLo!~~60_35.JPG

Wolfgang Kleff (GK Borussia Moenchengladbach) - I saw him play at Goodison in 1970 in the first ever European Cup penalty shoot-out -

images

Abe Van Den Ban (AZ, Haarlem) -

Abevandenban.jpg

When
When he was shelling out for an expensive wig, did he think.......to pay or not to pay. !
LOL.

imre,ever having a shot of it when I was a kid, it was a Jerry Rex Wigan’s I’m sure I remember him saying it cost £800 at the time. In the early 80s that would have been a good whack of cash for the pretence to have hair.

Brian Little CF -

1b4e26823db3cc98c0c6df1ac690e092.jpg

Not the 70s but this was Gazza at Lazio -

PA-480543.jpg

Chris Garland CF (Bristol City, Chelsea)

Garland.jpg

Again, not the 70s, but embarrassing just the same -

savage1.jpg

Ralph Coates

1624206018340.png

Same hairline as myself, but at least I have the decency to shave the lot off.

I had the light blue Admiral home Coventry kit as a youngster, and the yellow home Leeds United. These Admiral kits, including Wales, were all the same template. They were very different to other strips back then, especially the shorts.
I had the Coventry strip too ,I also got the Sheffield Utd trackie which was again the same template, black with red and white stripes, Christmas 75.
My Gran thought the trackie was a skeleton suit.

Rangers mad and unfortunately rejected by Rangers as a youngster could you imagine this nutcase in an old firm game,it would have been tremendous
I read an article by Kenneth in an annual (might have been The Topical Times) from the early 70’s where he said he was sent off 3 times in 4 games for Rangers youth team. Willie Waddell then informed him that “he was not the type of player wanted at Ibrox!” Imagine this man against Scott brown

Back