8 Years Ago Today - Administration

The Underfaker

Administration.

I remember leaving work an standing outside the main doors absolutely dumbstruck.

The previous 8 years have been chaotic,emotional,lots of anger,fear and absolutely its played a part in my own personal health but never enough to stop me travelling home an away (though I won’t be there tomorrow due to having the flu an it’s a million times worse being type 1 diabetic)

The club is in a great place right now an it was never going to be easy.

They didn’t want us.

Results like the other night hamper people.

Don’t forget where we are folks.

Stick with it.

I was in the dentists when it came through, was refreshing on here before I went in, when I came out I had about 50 text messages off my Dad alone.

one of the worst days ever.

An utterly horrific day, i found out from my tim boss at the time who clearly took great delight in telling me. It took everything to put on a front as if not to really bother me but i was devastated inside and the hits just kept on coming that year.

A horrible feeling sat in my stomach with the delight of “friends” telling me about the administration. Fell out with a lot of people that day

The absolute worst feeling as a football supporter I have ever felt. I genuinely felt like just leaving Scotland for about 2 years after it too. I'd go so far as to say I've never ever got over it. I don't think we as a support have ever recovered either. We lost our trust in everything that day

Administration.

I remember leaving work an standing outside the main doors absolutely dumbstruck.

The previous 8 years have been chaotic,emotional,lots of anger,fear and absolutely its played a part in my own personal health but never enough to stop me travelling home an away (though I won’t be there tomorrow due to having the flu an it’s a million times worse being type 1 diabetic)

The club is in a great place right now an it was never going to be easy.

They didn’t want us.

Results like the other night hamper people.

Don’t forget where we are folks.

Stick with it.

People should read this post.

The reaction when we lose is pathetic. Gerrard is committed to the long haul here until the job is done.

The playing field is not even in this challenge. Let's support him and his team.

Driving through Cumbernauld Village, came on talksport as breaking news. Can’t remember where I was going but I went right round a roundabout and headed home to sit in front of sky news and go on follow follow.
Horrible, horrible day and following months.

I remember the day well. My old man worked at rangers at the time. He told me on the 13th on the phone that the wee prick pulled all the staff into a room, told them all that administration would be happening the next day, it would last for approx 10days and then all will be well. Debt free and all jobs safe. Gods honest truth. He told all the staff that everything will work out perfect and not to worry. Then the next day he announced it and was never to be seen again.

he fucked over a lot of people that day. He ruined a lot of lives too, either through the football or a personal point of view and with people having to lose their jobs. Some folk who had been there a very long time, shafted.
For me the day was worse because it affected my family directly. But it was a horrible day in the 14th.
Went to grab something to eat in a local chippy, and the sky sports news was on. Jim white announced it while I was getting served. Needless to say I didn’t eat any of the food, and even though I knew it was coming it still felt like I had been punched right in the stomach.

I pray to god there will never be another day like it.

Last edited:
I remember driving and listening to the radio and feeling somewhat relived that whyte had managed to get his preferred choice of administrators in, how wrong was I?

Got a text from a mate who was well connected to news at the time about half an hour before it came on SSN. Didn't want to believe and thought it was a wind up and then there it was, confirmed. Was in the Phoenix bar in Inverness (before it was done up all ales like, proper sawdust shitehole joint). Was just surreal, a day and date I'll never forget.

Still feels strange that it happened but I do not remember being surprised For all the abuse, grief and hassle within Scotland it was a message from Galatasaray's supporters that really got me.
"If you play on the streets, we'll watch from the pavement" We had more support and understanding from outside this country than within.
Like others mentioned, it was at this point in lost all regard for football in this little country.

Was in Arnold Clark looking to buy, had done a test drive and was sitting discussing terms when i came on their tv. Couldn't believe it. Lost all interest and told the guy id get back to him and left. Was a numb feeling.

I remember Clyde 1 in between news broadcasts playing, Bob Marley’s three little birds that day, and feeling optimistic, thinking, it can’t be that bad ....... What a long 8 years it’s been following Rangers.
Thankfully back properly competitions in Europe now, and I personally believe not to far away from domestic success.

Remember having no idea how/if we could recover. The fans at the next game (Kilmarnock I think) put my mind at rest, we would be just fine. We are still on our way back but sooner or later the league flag will be raised at Ibrox and we’ll hear the champions league music

We nearly lost our club that's why you should treat every game you go to as your last never forget they wanted us gone but we are still standing.to bears thinking of missing tomorrow because of Wednesday's result we nearly didn't have a club to follow follow.

The absolute worst feeling as a football supporter I have ever felt. I genuinely felt like just leaving Scotland for about 2 years after it too. I'd go so far as to say I've never ever got over it. I don't think we as a support have ever recovered either. We lost our trust in everything that day

Agreed. Rangers have never fully recovered from those days. Financially, the club has never been in a better place, but off the park we have a board who really couldn't care less about the average fan. The only department I can really see Rangers progressing in is Commercial, James Bisgrove has proven that with his deals. The board couldn't care less about defending the club, Jim Traynor is all for Jim Traynor. On the park, we are missing a Scottish core of players who would have died for the badge. Mike Ashley and Sports Direct still massively hindering us as well. Still problems with the Tartan Army and the Rangers support which I hope mends over time as it is horrific for us to be the biggest and most Scottish club there is in the country, yet it makes it difficult for us to support the National Team. The SNP and Glasgow City Council have fucked us over time and time again as well, not to mention the media.

So many problems our board actually need to address.

outwith family and friends stuff easily one of the worst days of my life,that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach was there for days

constantly on here wearing out the refresh button looking for the smallest chink of light

I was in work and the Tims I worked with were literally jizzing in their pants, clambering over each other to tell me. Tried to play it down and thought that Whyte must have had a plan to guide us out safely.

How wrong was I. The following days and weeks, the amount of stories in the press placed just to oput the boot in were unbelievable. Whyte was quickly outed as a shcyster, followed by schyster after schyster after schyster at the helm of our club.

There was an American guy looking at buying us and everything about him looked pretty positive but it fell through. I even remember when Green took over thinking "Maybe this is it" but knew in my heart that he was as crooked as a 2 bob note.

All I can say is thank God for Dave King.

Remember logging on here and people saying it was Whyte’s plan, get his own people in rather than let HMRC put us into admin.

People were still convinced Whyte was a good guy.

I remember being distraught, and looking at my Facebook memory from today I was seriously pissed off.

I knew someone later involved with the blue knights. He knew whyte was a scumbag. I met him at east end park a couple of days before the announcement. He said bad things were coming imminently. Driving home from the game Daryl king alluded to it on super scoreboard that something bad was on the horizon. Ill never forget that hammer blow and the days months and years that followed.

I remember my dad breaking down in tears when he was telling me over the phone. I had my head in the sand about the whole thing as i always thought “No way that will happen to us”

when it did happen, the harsh reality hit home and it was the start of a horrible time for the club and us, the support.

I remember some guy recorded a song called Ibroxonia and the lyrics had me in tears every time I heard it, especially “just think of life without the Rangers” that line chilled my soul

The whole debacle certainly made us all realise how much our club means to us, well it certainly did to me anyway.

Was about to start my shift in a call centre when I seen it on the telly in the corner.

Nearly got sacked for refusing to start my shift until I found out what had happened from my mates.

A truly horrific day, and I still think we’ll be feeling the effects and will be for a long time to come.

In that time we have been left behind financially, the PR war has long been lost, and thanks to their friends at the council their stadium and the surrounding area gets constant improvement, whilst ours is looking dated.

Yet we still seem on “bridge building” mode rather than showing any sort of spine with our enemies.

I can only hope the necessary investment needed is coming, but until such times 2012 and the way it gutted us continues to hurt us to this day, and probably for a while longer yet.

The reaction when we lose is pathetic. Gerrard is committed to the long haul here until the job is done.

The playing field is not even in this challenge. Let's support him and his team.
Well said. Bears should never forget where we were 8 years ago . We will get there . The Scum were tens of millions ahead of us on and off the park. Progress has been amazing when you think how far ahead they were finically NO SURRENDER

This is the reason I have said on other threads I am not interested in their tainted titles, we are were we are, we have come along way since the Board and S. G. and his staff arrived, we now have our first choice DOF in place, we must look on the positive side, we will play at Ibrox for a place in the last sixteen of the E L three seasons ago we were getting a doing of some pub team from god knows were, I am as sick as the next guy on here, but let us think back to when Pedro stood in a bush arguing with fans, now consider were we are now?

It was one of the worst days of my life
I'm pretty much an optimist but that day and what followed got to me.
It wasn't until the 1st game against Brechin I knew it would be okay a long road but we would be back to The Rangers I loved and now we are so close it is frustrating but I for one know we will get there.
My only regret now is the friends and family I have lost the last 8 years not seeing us within touching distance of the finish line
Roll on 55
WATP

I still feel that there was significant symbolism with it being announced on St. Valentine's Day.

A "love letter" from our "friends" in the east of the city.

I remember hearing about it on here. Broke the F5 key on the works keyboard, probably put a dent on the phone screen pressing refresh on the bus home then straight onto the laptop to do in the F5 key on that as well looking for any chink of light in what was a terrible feeling day.

Every Valentines day since I always make sure to have a drink to celebrate that we are still here and we are still fighting.

I was off shore on the Schiehallion, had just come inside and was frozen and went for a cuppa when news broke, that was work punted for the day.

As angry as we've been with recent performances I suppose it is a positive that nowadays our main problems tend to be football related.

kind of puts into perspective the last few bad results, sure it has been a downer, but what the op is talking about is something you never want to happen again.

I had a poster on this forum (I forget who) try to argue with me in 3 or 4 posts that right now 'Morale is at an all time low'. It's genuinely pathetic, like you say.

I was going to see a client and just phoned to cancel and went home. Terrible day in our history.

Remember it like it was yesterday.
I was kinda expecting administration, so it wasn't a huge shock. I didn't expect or understand the havoc that followed once the sp ivs took control. A difficult situation made into a nightmare making the journey back longer and more difficult
We should always be grateful to King & T3B for what they did.

The start of the Road to Hell....albeit we'd been on the A roads leading to the Road to Hell for years: no scouting, debt mountain, no PR, etc etc.

A horrible feeling sat in my stomach with the delight of “friends” telling me about the administration. Fell out with a lot of people that day

That day was the end of many a ‘friendship’. The level of hatred and vitriol that was revealed by our predicament caused our support to close ranks on the personal and public levels.

It was a surreal day to say the least for us all. The only upside to it was seeing those backstabbing bastarding clubs losing revenue from us not filling their paltry stadiums twice a year.

The only day I ever cried about something bad happening to our club. I genuinely thought we were finished. I'm so happy I was wrong. Life did change that day. It still hasn't fully came back to normal but things are getting better. Kinda puts Wednesday night in perspective.

I was both dreading and half-expecting it, tbh. I knew it would also give the green light to the multitude of Rangers-hating maniacs in this country to try and destroy us. It is gut-churning to even share the same living space as those vermin. Never forgive, never forget.

Remember that day as if it was yesterday.
Soul destroying ain't the word.
But. Now looking back the one Great thing to come out of the pain and hurt was to show Everyone that WE Truly have the Greatest Support in the world.
WE ARE RANGERS.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Back