8 Years Ago Today - Administration

Perhaps I was naive but I think this was the day that it really dawned on me how much hatred there was for our club from the whole of Scottish football. I will NEVER forgive or forget the way they put the boot in and when 55 comes it will be all the sweeter. Just a pity it is unlikely to be this season but we are in a far far better place than we were. Yesterday I found a match magazine as it was called that I hadn't looked at for years. Rangers V Berwick Rangers SFL3 4 May 2013. Ally McCoist and Lee McCulloch on the cover holding the SFL3 Trophy. Some of the names in the squad that day. Argyriou, Cribari, Faure, Gasparrato, Black,Murdoch, Templeton, Cole. Think on that and how far we ghave come from almost oblivion. Yes Wednesday hurt but I repeat we are in a far better place.

I remember driving and listening to the radio and feeling somewhat relived that whyte had managed to get his preferred choice of administrators in, how wrong was I?
Same mate, remember thinking that we had won the first of many battles. Totally duped

Difficult to articulate what I mean, but I’ve never really 100% enjoyed following the team since. Even on the really good days, there’s always a nagging feeling that things aren’t quite as they should be. Like a beautiful painting with a tiny flaw, which once noticed you can never ignore.

I remember flying up to go to the Killie game which was the first after the event. A grim day in every sense.

Back