88 points

YOGI_GER

Which we now have and it’s the most the Tim’s can gather with a 26 goal disadvantage.

There was some loony on the Clyde phone in yesterday (pretending to be a Gers fan) claiming that the league was not done and to stop celebrating until it was. :D The thing is, the Clyde team never even answered him back with the above?

Why do people keep going on about us still needing a point ffs? :D

For me, the League is done. We are champions. However, given that ’55’ has become a magic number for us, it did strike me as being more of a coincidence that we won the League with 88 points, a number that the mentally challengeds themselves reveer for obvious reasons as their ’magic’ number. How good is that?

If we were to lose the next six and if they were to win all seven of theirs then that 26 goal swing wouldn’t be that surprising to happen.

If we lost every game by an average of two goals they would need to win theirs by an average of two goals.

Obviously this is all bollocks but the 26 goals isn’t as big a deal were it to actually play out. We’re not talking a run of 5-0 wins.

Which we now have and it’s the most the Tim’s can gather with a 26 goal disadvantage.

There was some loony on the Clyde phone in yesterday (pretending to be a Gers fan) claiming that the league was not done and to stop celebrating until it was. :D The thing is, the Clyde team never even answered him back with the above?

It was Stephen fae Coatbridge “the Gers fan“ getting awe annoyed about it.

Never a Gers fan in his puff.

Heard that call aswell and was thinking the same thing, must be a glass half empty kind of guy!! It’s done as our glorious leader says 99.9 per cent there just that 0.01 per cent to make it official. Good we warm up party for the boys yesterday to start us off! A actually predicted to my m8 after 18 games that if we won 14 of them if would give us 87 points and that would have been enough going by previous points totals and how far ahead of them we were at point.

If we were to lose the next six and if they were to win all seven of theirs then that 26 goal swing wouldn’t be that surprising to happen.

If we lost every game by an average of two goals they would need to win theirs by an average of two goals.

Obviously this is all bollocks but the 26 goals isn’t as big a deal we’re it to actually play out. Were not talking a run of 5-0 wins.
If we lost both OFs by 2 goals we would still have an 18 goal advantage. If we lost our other 4 games by a single goal then it would be 14 for the Tims to claw back in their other 5. They’ve won by 3 or more goals just twice in their last 13 (with the aid of soft penalties) so I think we can party...

If we lost both OFs by 2 goals we would still have an 18 goal advantage. If we lost our other 4 games by a single goal then it would be 14 for the Tims to claw back in their other 5. They’ve won by 3 or more goals just twice in their last 13 (with the aid of soft penalties) so I think we can party...
I didn’t say otherwise - just making a maths/arithmetic point ;)

Heard that call aswell and was thinking the same thing, must be a glass half empty kind of guy!! It’s done as our glorious leader says 99.9 per cent there just that 0.01 per cent to make it official. Good we warm up party for the boys yesterday to start us off! A actually predicted to my m8 after 18 games that if we won 14 of them if would give us 87 points and that would have been enough going by previous points totals and how far ahead of them we were at point.

I couldn’t understand why none of the pundits pointed this out to him?

Last edited:
What about the other 0.09%? :)

My analytical brain doesnt work that way, it wont give me the emotional release when it knows celtic could still win the league, however unlikely.

Just wired that way.

I know Celtic and the SPFL created a precedent of winning a league based on what they thought was most likely, but the league should still be settled on certainty. Celtic could still catch us.

Although I think the gaffer's estimation of them having a 0.01% chance was a bit over the top.

It's more like 0.0001%.

He was just being cautious, I guess.

Obviously this is all bollocks but the 26 goals isn’t as big a deal were it to actually play out. We’re not talking a run of 5-0 wins.
No, but we’re clearly not going to lose six games in a row when we’ve yet to lose even one.

It’s finished.

No, but we’re clearly not going to lose six games in a row when we’ve yet to lose even one.

It’s finished.
I never said we would - simply that were that scenario to play out the maths in the GD isn’t that far fetched.

My comment of ‘this is all bollocks’ pretty much showed that ;)

In the words of Roy Orbison, ‘It’s Over’.
The partying has begun, and yesterday was just the start of what will be a glorious summer of celebration.

What a thread, amazing, Caixinha or Murty never lost 6 in a row, that's before taking the previous 32 unbeaten into account :))

I'll keep an eye on Tannadice today with interest, I hope the poet lose but for once will have a wry smile if they win, the Title being won at the piggery during their 10iar season has a fantastic ring to it, we can't lose today whatever the score :cool:

Back