90 mins of superb backing-a lesson to be learned.

Anyone going to tell me that the support tonight constantly backing the team despite the setbacks didn't make a HUGE difference to the team?

We have it in OUR hands to help the team every week.....that was better than even the usual away backing.

Why turn up and moan and groan-save the criticism to the end and boo if it's been shite.
That's a great point. When you overdo the criticism to our own players during a game it is self-defeating. Save it until halftime or the end of the game if you think it's necessary.

Having said that, it's important to react to events happening on the park whether they are good or bad.

Looking at the first half against Braga at Ibrox, Rangers were second best. Although we were disappointed in how we were playing, we were still cheering anything we could. Then there was a spell of giving the ball away too easily right in front of our defence. I know the players didn't try to give the ball away in dangerous areas, but the crowd were correct in giving the players abuse in those cases in an effort to get the team to play it more safely at the back. Diatribes of abuse against one of our own players is generally unhelpful, but shouting at them to get the finger out is a valid part of supporting and pushing them to be better.

Can we even class them as Neds. It sounded like a majority anyway on Bein Sports.
Then BEIN Sports must have made a point of highlighting sectarian singing. I was at the game with my son and grandson and we weren’t aware of any sectarian singing until a friend at home sent me a message about it.

It's so depressing that we are in this position again. Totally at the mercy of FARE and UEFA reps due to the rank stupidity of singing the same things that have seen us punished already this season.

Also the videos of the band in the town earlier in the day which people are happy to record and share on social media do massive harm as well. If you prioritise likes and retweets over the reputation and wellbeing of the club you are an absolute idiot.

It sounded and looked like there was a lot more morons than usual on this trip.

Playing against a Portuguese team in Portugal yet the first half an hour was mainly songs about Celtic, The Pope, The IRA, The UVF and the Celtic abuse scandal.

These idiots would be the first to call that lot obsessed as well. Unless we are actually playing them, why are we even mentioning them?

There is the usual minority who think that it's acceptable but who honestly thinks you'll ever change that.
As far as last night goes there was a few FTP's and the like but who can honestly decipher what's actually been sung when you have thousands singing alternative words here and there?
I thought the support last night was nothing short of magnificent, the way the follow follow Glasgow Rangers was sung at the end after the match was one of the best scenes I've witnessed.
I honestly cannot put my hand up and say there was much if anything out of order that was sung.
In the square, all sorts were being sung but surely the club can't have their knuckles wrapped or face another ban because of what happens outside the stadium?
I can't help but point the finger at the media who are choking to make a headline in hope it gets attention for us being sectarian.
Last night was a complete high and should be enjoyed by all without nit picking away at certains fans action

BRING ON THE LAST 16

There were at least two FTPATV renditions of FF that the vast majority of fans were singing. It isn't nit picking or hand wringing ffs, it is a very clear possibility that I will be unable to attend our first last 16 tie in 12 years due to fucking idiots singing about the pope. The pope. Just take a second to think about that, cunts are going across Europe to watch rangers and are singing a song about THE FUCKING POPE

Playing against a Portuguese team in Portugal yet the first half an hour was mainly songs about Celtic, The Pope, The IRA, The UVF and the Celtic abuse scandal.

These idiots would be the first to call that lot obsessed as well. Unless we are actually playing them, why are we even mentioning them?
I think it was down to the easy availability of tickets via Braga themselves

Then BEIN Sports must have made a point of highlighting sectarian singing. I was at the game with my son and grandson and we weren’t aware of any sectarian singing until a friend at home sent me a message about it.
Watched it in a pub in Spain and you could clearly hear the FTP, FTPATV add ons, and no the broadcaster didn't adjust the volume for certain songs.

Exactly. Rangers first, last and foremost

Unless uefa fast track our punishment it shouldn't effect the first leg in 14 days time, we've just been punished for Feyenoord away, we're still to be cited for Braga at home so the punishment for the events of last night may not kick I till next season unless we go further this season.

Having said that, the club now have to sadly start banning people, refusing away tickets and so on, they have the details of all those who travelled officially so start there and work your way back, if you want to sing about banging a religious leader or playing in religious blood then accept your consequences. The minority that do it are going to see our club in ruins because they will never learn, so if they are daft enough to ignore the clubs stand on this then they should accept their lifetime bans to go off happily singing their wee shitey add ons elsewhere.

There were at least two FTPATV renditions of FF that the vast majority of fans were singing. It isn't nit picking or hand wringing ffs, it is a very clear possibility that I will be unable to attend our first last 16 tie in 12 years due to fucking idiots singing about the pope. The pope. Just take a second to think about that, cunts are going across Europe to watch rangers and are singing a song about THE FUCKING POPE
Mate, if you read my post, I'm not on about the FTPATV, the follow follow Glasgow rangers song was the best I've ever seen.
As my original post says there's always a few who take it to far but I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say there were a stack of fans who did stick to the PC words and versions of the song. The not so PC version has been sung for years so naturally everyone thinks that's whats being belted out by 100% of fans.
It could put a stop to another away trip, but we only had 2,000 tickets so surely that goes in our favour?
I'm not for one minute saying it's acceptable but it's our own fans who are desperate to highlight it. The other side of the city, media and politicians are desperate to screw us so why do we insist on highlighting it as well giving them more ammo? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to log in here and look at what we're talking about

Not taking tickets wouldn't have made any difference as braga would have sold them anyway. I'm pretty sure that strict liability means rangers are responsible for our fans regardless. I think the SLO confirmed as much earlier in the season.

The problem then is how we control fans especially at easy to get to places. I think the issue with the Billy boys earlier in the season was that it had crept back into the song book and nothing had happened so fans thought it was OK again until we got hammered. It seems to have stopped again though.

It didn't bode well in braga as the dodgy singing started on the train up there, continued in the square and on the walk up there but definitely wasn't as bad at the ground.

It's likely that drink was a big issue and braga probably sold tickets to people who don't go to euro aways very often meaning rangers lose control over who goes so that might be mitigation if we can show it didn't come from the official section and we did all we could.

I honestly can't take people who think away day atmospheres be replicated at home against the likes of Kilmarnock seriously.

Until we can get to the stage where the only thing the bears at home are worried about is the game and not the singing then we really are not the best in the world.

The best fans in the world don't constantly shoot themselves in the foot like we do.

Too many neds in our support at these trips.
There are lots of great guys and girls in our European away support, definitely the very best in the World. Unfortunately such trips also attract the absolute dregs of our support, many of whom appear to have zero self respect and who spend their time behaving in a way that is an embarrassment to those around them.

Back